Accies V Dundee United - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies V Dundee United - Match Thread

Postby RyanT » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:06 pm

From the radio and BBC website live feed, it seems like the players threw everything they had at United, but just couldn't get a goal. Disappointed to see we waited until the 80th minute to put Brophy on, yet again. The manager should have threw everything we had at United, once we were a goal down, as we HAD to win that game...

On the positive side of things, at least Motherwell lost.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:08 pm

We are now in a relegation battle.

12 points from the play-off spot ought to be enough of a cushion, especially with our goal difference advantage, but we still need at least one win to secure our status, and who can see where that's going to come from? On current form we'll finish eleventh and then lose the play-off. The post-split fixtures are always hotly contested in the bottom half, and every other team - even St Mirren - looks more up for it than us.

By all accounts we were unlucky today, but we only need to be as unlucky 5 more times to be in the play-offs, then once more to go down.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Did we play better today as it was Bozey in the changing room and not canning?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:17 pm

H9crx wrote:Did we play better today as it was Bozey in the changing room and not canning?

Working until 2pm today came in put radio on just in time to hear Martin being interviewed by Jim Spence,God int was depressing"the boys a working hard blah blah just need a bit of luck..blah blah blah".The guy is not a manager of people.I like most people consder myself competent at my job but if asked to manage people would decline as i am not cut out for it.Maybe Martin did not have a choice.Long live the ethos
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm

We actually played well today, especially in the 2nd half. The players all gave 100% and if that level of performance had been shown more often in recent weeks we would have comfortably made the top six.

There are several posters on this forum that want wholesale change at the club. That's fair enough, however this thread is about today's game. My guess is there's probably only 1 other person so far that has commented on the game/result that was actually there today!
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 pm

A spirited performance from the players and they were unfortunate not to get a goal being denied by United's keeper at least twice. When Daz got booked on the first few minutes I thought here we go again but somehow he managed to keep the hied. Our really good spell in the second half coincided with Jason's arrival on the field but we really paid the price today for having no real striker on the field. Brophy made his usual cameo role. The players worked there socks off and given Martin could participate in any form Boozey was giving it lalldy from the touch line. I really do think he is one for the future. Hendrie had a reasonable game as did young Lyon. Anyway it's over now and if the players show the same attitude for the post split games we should just about keep our heads above water. Oh and big Lucas was a sub but now sign of Sumsky
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Things are not going well, but a slice of fortune wouldn't go amiss, Canning unlucky to see red last week, decent (or stone wall ) penalty shout for hand ball not given yesterday......... perhaps the ref being 6 yards away was too far to see? Wood work hit 3 times and keeper on form :(
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 pm

You make your own luck in this game.

We're not going through bad luck just now, just bad play.

Don't recall anyone saying when Neil was in charge.....boy we're really lucky.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Accies were very unlucky on Saturday.

To be honest, I thought in the 2nd half they played pretty decent stuff at times.

On another day, Accies score two or three goals.

Brophy came on late again but I thought Jason Scotland played very well when he came on. Hasselbaink is an imposter as far as I'm concerned and I remain to be convinced by Brophy - although a decent amount of game time may convince me otherwise.

The players worked extremely hard to get the result but, certainly on Saturday, luck deserted us.

Hopefully, with a similar set of performances, post-split, we can pick up enough points to finish 7th.

A few of the performances recently have been better (RC, St J and D Utd)............................however, still too many not good enough! St M, M'well and Aberdeen were extremely poor, imo.

Top 6 has gone, very disappointingly, and we must now focus on trying to win 5 games!

Best for me on Saturday were Devlin and Gordon - Lyon played reasonably well too. Hendrie can't defend, caught out three or four times and his distribution remains poor.

One other small point.........why do we persist with Imrie and Longridge on the wrong side..............neither can kick the ball with their weaker foot!

Does anyone know when the announcement for the post-split fixtures is going to take place??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby AlMac » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Accies were very unlucky on Saturday.

To be honest, I thought in the 2nd half they played pretty decent stuff at times.

On another day, Accies score two or three goals.

Brophy came on late again but I thought Jason Scotland played very well when he came on. Hasselbaink is an imposter as far as I'm concerned and I remain to be convinced by Brophy - although a decent amount of game time may convince me otherwise.

The players worked extremely hard to get the result but, certainly on Saturday, luck deserted us.

Hopefully, with a similar set of performances, post-split, we can pick up enough points to finish 7th.

A few of the performances recently have been better (RC, St J and D Utd)............................however, still too many not good enough! St M, M'well and Aberdeen were extremely poor, imo.

Top 6 has gone, very disappointingly, and we must now focus on trying to win 5 games!

Best for me on Saturday were Devlin and Gordon - Lyon played reasonably well too. Hendrie can't defend, caught out three or four times and his distribution remains poor.

One other small point.........why do we persist with Imrie and Longridge on the wrong side..............neither can kick the ball with their weaker foot!

Does anyone know when the announcement for the post-split fixtures is going to take place??

Good summary of Saturday's game and the individual performances. Couldn't disagree with any of it.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives