Accies .v.St Johnstone - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .v.St Johnstone - Match Thread

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Gaspode wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:
H9crx wrote:Sack the BOD

Ok let's run with this. So tell me your road map for the future without the current board?

Dont you know? There's loads of guys out there desperate to plough their cash in to a team with a core support of 1500. :roll:

There is a Hamilton born billionaire who was.....wonder who he invested in...not exactly a million miles away.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:14 pm

The millionaire or billionaire model is not what we need imo
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby master1 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:34 pm

I fear the worst, Longbridge,Crawford and McKinnon we are having a laugh!!!
master1
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Same old shit under canning, poor football, man sent off and chucking a lead away!

Lower your expectations
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:20 pm

A bit better today with no brainers like Gills in the middle and Nigel up front finally in place. Unlucky to go down to 10, it was a mega late tackle but with Lappin staying on after a late tackle on yellow it seemed harsh; if Ziggy had a bit more about him he might have went down after Lappin tugged him back but Ziggy was bossed by him all day. Would have liked to see MacDonald keep his place and he did well when he came on.

Lots of fight from most, Redmond has had his chances and should now warm the bench- not fit, not aware and lacking effort overtakes the bit of skill he has.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby burnsy5shoes » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Done well to hang on for a point. Having said that, another poor show from the team. Came out flying and went at St Johnstone and got the goal but then sat back and allowed them back into the game. Cannings tackle was late but thought it was only a yellow card. Last thing I would say is Wisemans man of the match - Nigel Hasselbaink?? Too much booze in the box me thinks. Hasselbaink looks un-fit and out his depth. Too many times just standing watching the game go past. At least Curier ran and hassled defenders.

More effort required!!!!!!!
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:05 pm

burnsy5shoes wrote:Done well to hang on for a point. Having said that, another poor show from the team. Came out flying and went at St Johnstone and got the goal but then sat back and allowed them back into the game. Cannings tackle was late but thought it was only a yellow card. Last thing I would say is Wisemans man of the match - Nigel Hasselbaink?? Too much booze in the box me thinks. Hasselbaink looks un-fit and out his depth. Too many times just standing watching the game go past. At least Curier ran and hassled defenders.

More effort required!!!!!!!

Lower expectations required by you one thinks!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:07 pm

I actually thought we played well for the most of today.

We were 1-0 up and more than comfortable against a very ordinary St J team.

For me the referee could only see in one direction.
We were being fouled left, right and centre and how St J's number 10 stayed on the field begger's belief.
Canning's challenge was high, but no way was it worth a straight red.

After that it was backs to the wall time.
Inevitably we lost a goal, but for me we deserved to win.

Thought Ziggy, Devlin, Crawford, Gillespie and even Mackinnon played well today. Even Canning had a good game until he saw red. Looked very embarrassed walking off.
Hendrie went through his usual "I'm off at the end of the season" routine and Hasselbaink did well except his close control was rubbish.

Overall much improved on the Motherwell fiasco, but disappointed we didn't collect all 3 pts today.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:09 pm

thought hasselbaink was one of the better performers, at least he looked like he could do something with the ball. too many other players hiding.
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:22 pm

H9crx wrote:Same old shit under canning, poor football, man sent off and chucking a lead away!

Lower your expectations

You weren't at the game so you have no right to comment. It sums you up that you choose to abuse the manager and team without actually being there to see it. I don't condone name calling but, you are a dick. Bad me.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Why did folk clap Canning when he was sent off ?
If it had been Daz would they have been clapping ?
I'm all for backing the team , but clapping a player who has just been sent off is wrong IMO .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:31 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:The millionaire or billionaire model is not what we need imo

Is Ronnie not worth a couple of quid ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 pm

master1 wrote:I fear the worst, Longbridge,Crawford and McKinnon we are having a laugh!!!

Crawford is our top scorer and has consistently been our best player this season - at what point do you give the lad a break?

Bit better today and nice to see Beuzalin run a far more vocal and busy bench (basic things like having Jesus warm up when Canning got a knock).

Hasselbaink had a good game up until he tired early in the 2nd half, Ziggy, Crawford and Devlin both decent, Gillespie probably shaded it for my mom.

Thought the referee had a good sensible game up until the Canning sending off where on first viewing I thought he easily could of afforded him the same benefit of the doubt as he gave Lappin and went for yellow rather than red.

Can't agree with the lack of effort comments. Maybe a lack of confidence or lack of form but I thought everyone ran themselves into the ground today (eg. Louis Longridge) and although I can understand the calls for Canning to go there was clear signs today that he hasn't as yet lost the dressing room.

With Dundee United in a bigger crisis than us we could go there and win and that might be enough to grab our top 6 place.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:07 pm

We couldn't win at Tannadice when we were flying,so how will a team who haven't won in 12 games do so.A bore draw beckons.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:00 pm

I too don't understand these "lack of effort" comments. Redmond had a poor day but didn't hide. These players are lacking confidence but we ground out a point against a team who I thought were the better side throughout, without being at all brilliant. I thought we actually started slowly and scored with our first attack. Thereafter we sat deep, probably that lack of confidence rather than tactical and allowed them the bulk of possession.

Said before the red came out that he could be off, it was a terrible tackle and sums up some of our frailties - we always seem to get stretched and the players have to lunge into tackles. We have the worst discipline in the league by a country mile.

Though Nigel did well, poor finishing though. Gillespie probably the best, with Crawford and McGovern having good games. The rest very up and down but all battled well. I've stuck up for Hendrie in the past but he was very poor today. Hit a cross out the park then was outjumped by Graham for the goal seconds later. Will be loaned out to Dagenham first chance Allardyce gets, cannot believe we have made that amount of money on him. Mackinnon should be chased for that pointless booking. Guy behind me says he now misses Tannadice as a result. Waste of space.

Agree that DU are probably the perfect opponents. Feel Dundee will probably beat them in midweek so the pressure will really be on them. They are imploding too! Still think we can do it but we need a few favours.

Thought our fans, those that could be bothered to attend, were excellent. Great backing and appreciated the efforts at the end.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:I really should lower my expecations more but going for a 0-0 or low scoring draw as this would suit ST J.

Seems against a team that have lost to us 3 times this season i lowered my expectations to excatly the correct level.Had £40 on 0-0 and 1-1 long live the ethos.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Missed game due to family Easter Weekend visit but expected a draw at best, so not too disappointed, and our luck still held with results elsewhere.

On two threads, Whiskeytown reminds us of how far we have come since the three hundred or so of us watched absolute garbage in the dark days of Firhill and Cliftonhill. Expectations of staying in the SPL were for many of us, was being involved in a relegation dogfight, when the season started, so wherever we finish will be better than that. I do agree however that we should have been able to pick up far more points than we have done in the last 12 games but survival in the SPL, with a strong management team and some fresh talent is a fundamental, for next season. Watching Accies, for younger viewers, has ALWAYS been a roller coaster of highs and lows, and this seasons highs, have far exceeded anything we have done in decades.

Thinks about it, we might have been very happy with a consistent seventh or eighth place throughout this season, free of relegation worries, and being able to build on that for a further season in the Premier League.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:13 am

to be in the position we are just now would have been a brilliant achievement for accies, but the position under alex neil surpassed us and since he left has underpassed us under martin canning by far.
by far the worst manager the club has ever had.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Quite enjoyed the game although not the result. Once we scored we seemed almost to be content to defend the rest of the half, perhaps a lack of confidence. Second half Saints obviously had a rocket up the proverbial from Wright at half time and were right into it. Had we kept 11 men on the park would we have kept our lead? we will never know. Cannings' tackle was needless as the Saints' player was way over the other side of the park with lots still to do. While Canning was going off, Daz went loco again and seemed to be trying to fight with the entire saints team. Derek Ferguson who was covering the match said he was lucky to be still on the park as he clearly elbowed a saints player but the ref missed it. If he never pays again for us I won’t be sorry. Positives? At least the sending off seemed to put some fighting spirit in the team and a draw was a good result considering. Thought Hasselbank had not a bad game and loved his substitution. Over to the other side of the park strolled back across shaking hands with anybody and everybody. Haven’t checked the crowd figure but seemed to me that the home support might have been up a bit. So onwards to Dundee but not necessarily upwards.
Alfie Olek

Postby DC United » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:34 pm

A bit of luck in the build up to the goal, which was well finished by Ali, made me think perhaps our luck had changed. Not much between the sides first half but as expected St J came out with more urgency in the second half, although we coped fairly well at first. Then Canning has a moment of madness and gets himself deservedly sent off. What a fine example to set. I thought it was a bad one at the time and seeing it again, he can have no complaints. Idiotic. After that we were under the cosh, however held out fairly well until Hendrie was caught out at the back post and that was the win gone. Timewasting for the rest of the match, the likes of which would have made Billy Reid proud!

I thought Devlin played well and that Gillespie, playing as the deepest midfielder had a better than normal game. Crawford drifted out the game. MacKinnon's performance annoyed me. Constantly moaning at the ref for things that don't involve him and trying to start fights with anyone who'll listen. And then a yellow for booting the ball into Morrisons, leading to a ban (I'm led to believe). Although with his inability to contrbute anything positive he won't be missed. Waste of a jersey.
DC United
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives