Motherwell V Accies....your thoughts?

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Motherwell V Accies....your thoughts?

Postby Park Materson » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:07 am

Cantzo OUT.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:28 am

Park Materson wrote:Cantzo OUT.

I'm sure I've read this somewhere before.
Let me think :?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:36 am

Cantzo OUT
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 am

Park Materson wrote:Cantzo OUT

Park, are you trying to tell us something? :roll:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby DC United » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:51 am

I suppose this is why teams employ a manager rather than just letting the oldest player run things. A 9 goal swing says it all.
DC United
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 am

Thought CANTZO OUT was constructive enough.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:51 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Likely to be a poor pitch and they will just punt it and be physical. We might need to be the same; so perhaps not a game for Scotland (he won't run onto balls in behind or into channels or challenge in the air), Redmond (not robust or fit enough and cant track back) and Lyon (perhaps not robust enough). Might be a game for McKinnon with a suitable warning to be disciplined and back to his best.

4 key decisions wrong, which someone as ignorant as me was able to forecast:

1) Lyon not robust enough - also a hard hard job to ask a young man to play the holding/play maker role in a struggling team and up against senior pros.
2) Gill is not a forward player why are we not playing him in the holding role as he did to great effect earlier in the season.
3) Jason Scotland is an absolute imposter and he knows that but as a coach is not being honest with us or himself. Every single minute he has played has been a waste of time. He would not start for any other team in the premier or first. He certainly wouldn't get the game time he has with any other senior team across the 4 divisions. The only good point with him is that he keeps alive my dream of playing for Accies if that is the standard.
4) Redmond - talented on the ball but too often ineffective. I can only assume his lack of fitness is down to laziness.

Its now clear that our January signings were punts rather than a real effort to strengthen the team - if Nigel cant start yet then his fitness was obviously overlooked in the effort to bring in anyone after 31 Jan.

No idea where we go from here - I wouldn't be surprised if Martin chucked it after that.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:29 am

Motherwell with a experianced management team set up with wingers why? Because they saw this was how RC cut us open the week befoure! What did our management team do? NOTHING
H9crx
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:45 am

Board should help Canning out and buy him a pair of gloves then he might not have his hands in his pockets the full game .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Deadparrot » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:44 pm

In my opinion, I want to know how so many people are not seeing the potential of Hasselbaink, at least in relative terms compared to Scotland, who definitely should not play again for the rest of the season.

Look at when Hasselbaink came on; in 5-10 mins he had sprinted past some of the defenders, given us a couple of decent shots, and won at least two corners. He was infinitely more positive and capable than Scotland and it brought more supporters out of their seats.. at least the ones who weren't winding up the Motherwell fans and each other.

Even Brophy, seeing him so close for once proved my suspicions; he is at least as physically big as Scotland and has far more pace and willingness to run at defenders... I though one of Jason's strengths was his physicality and his 'experience' to hold the ball up and make the most of his lack of pace? Well I haven't seen that anywhere this season and Brophy could be just as effective in my opinion.

Yesterday Gordon, along with Devlin and Tena (who has completely lost all his composure just now) played abysmally and the winger play crossing balls into our box has served Aberdeen, Ross County and now Motherwell very well and needs attention. MacDonald showed glimpses of flair going forward but nothing defending. Crawford was better on the ball but lacks any desire to defend and I am quite at a loss to explain Redmond who I thought was one of the best players before Christmas.

Finally, I know we all said 'give the youngsters a chance', but there is no point playing the same guys if it doesn't work. I feel terrible for the poor guy, but Lyon was really out of his depth against RC and was only helped in the first half by RC not having too much going forward and to be honest should have been subbed early in that game let alone start this one. Yes its good to see the teenagers starting, but the management team need to get some perspective and not just play them for the sake of it, there needs to be some understanding of their strengths and identification of their weaknesses, especially when they do not play well... in short play the youngsters but realise when they play badly and change things up, which appears to be the perennial problem of this mnagement team right now.
Deadparrot
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives