Accies .V. Ross County - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Ross County - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:06 am

A win would be nice. Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Ross County - Match Thread

Postby H9crx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:34 am

A goal would be nice!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:40 pm

be nice to have a shot on target and not give away a silly goal or 2
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:08 pm

a win is a must for any manager 9 games without a win, if we don't win on Saturday I think it should be his last game.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:57 pm

I feel (SADLY) Ross County will be too physical for us and they are also on a nice run best we can hope for is a draw but if County score it will be an uphiil task to get that.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby master1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:14 pm

A must win game, Crawford, McKinnon and Canning all dropped, Canning to do what he's meant to and manage from the sidelines, bring Redmond, Sumsky and Brophy in from the start. We need to get the ball down and play it about against one of the biggest teams in the league and not just hump it up the pitch to RC's back four. This may be the smallest crowd of the season due to the last nine results and if the result is anything other than a win it will only get worse.
master1
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Massive game, unfortunately against the form team in the league; and we are the poorest in terms of form.

The 2 up front madness must stop and guys like Scotland, Routlegde and Dazza cannot justify being in the team right now. Shouts for Martin to be on the bench are probably valid as well

McG
Ziggy Jesus Devlin Hendrie or MacD
Gills
Imrie Ali Lyon Redmond
Brophy or Nigel
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Nine of the starting eleven that beat Motherwell, Celtic and Aberdeen in successive games can start this match, injuries permitting - McGovern, Gordon, Hendrie, Devlin, Tena, Gillespie, Imrie, Redmond and Crawford. I would point this fact out to these players, you don't become bad players overnight. To add to the 9, I have no idea how good or otherwise Sumsky is but as an alternative to Andreu maybe he should be given a game. For Curier I'd go with Brophy. A draw would be ok if Celtic beat Dundee. Nobody really expects us to win this and that is usually a good sign!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Euan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:15 am

Whiskeytown wrote:Nine of the starting eleven that beat Motherwell, Celtic and Aberdeen in successive games can start this match, injuries permitting - McGovern, Gordon, Hendrie, Devlin, Tena, Gillespie, Imrie, Redmond and Crawford. I would point this fact out to these players, you don't become bad players overnight. To add to the 9, I have no idea how good or otherwise Sumsky is but as an alternative to Andreu maybe he should be given a game. For Curier I'd go with Brophy. A draw would be ok if Celtic beat Dundee. Nobody really expects us to win this and that is usually a good sign!

I agree with you, that was a good team, even without Andreu and MAC, although Andreu's goals were beneficial to the teams confidence overall.
With Brophy and possibly Sumsky in as replacements we should be capable of being a good team again.
The problem has been tinkering and lack of organisation.
If Martin can sort that out and play a consistent team with players aware of their roles we should be ok for a win. The problem is he might not :roll:
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:37 am

Talk of big Lucas being the best defender at the club,so get him in the team before the slow,ponderous Jesus or the clueless Canning.

For me the line up in this game is just as important as the result.If guys like Hendry,McKinnon,Scotland and Canning himself play it will prove he is not the man to make the drastic changes needed.

A no score bore awaits....or does it?Be bold,pick a different team.We are sick of seeing these guys guaranteed a game every week who need dropped.No more Gillespie as "Andreu lite" also.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:25 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Talk of big Lucas being the best defender at the club,so get him in the team before the slow,ponderous Jesus or the clueless Canning.

For me the line up in this game is just as important as the result.If guys like Hendry,McKinnon,Scotland and Canning himself play it will prove he is not the man to make the drastic changes needed.

A no score bore awaits....or does it?Be bold,pick a different team.We are sick of seeing these guys guaranteed a game every week who need dropped.No more Gillespie as "Andreu lite" also.

Clueless Canning :roll: He has been probably our most consistent centre back this year. Whatever you might think about his ability as a manager it's a cheap shot to now lump him in with the likes of McKinnon.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:04 pm

don't think throwing in the new guys is going to make a big difference, as the chap earlier pointed out 9 players who won at celtic, maybe canning is needing to see from the sidelines and daz is defo needin dropped. I would go with -

mick

Gordon tena devlin macdonald

gils Crawford Redmond imrie

Scotland

brophy
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:22 pm

County have won there last 4 games scoring 8 and losing 3. 3 of these have been at home and one away to patrick. If we have regained some form and confidence then a draw would actually be not a bad result. If we haven’t then its got County to win all over it.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:County have won there last 4 games scoring 8 and losing 3. 3 of these have been at home and one away to patrick. If we have regained some form and confidence then a draw would actually be not a bad result. If we haven’t then its got County to win all over it.

we were informed we had a bad run of fixtures, surely midden away, county home and well away are meant to be the easier ones ???
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby really? » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm

would respect Ronnie and Les greatly if they were to out-of-nowhere sack Martin tomorrow on the eve of the game, thus wrong-footing everyone, grabbing headlines, generating excitement, increasing attendance by 50 souls and forcing me to look forward to Saturday 3pm
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 pm

really? wrote:would respect Ronnie and Les greatly if they were to out-of-nowhere sack Martin tomorrow on the eve of the game, thus wrong-footing everyone, grabbing headlines, generating excitement, increasing attendance by 50 souls and forcing me to look forward to Saturday 3pm

Really?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby WILF » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Hopefully we can get a win and turn the corner and the week away with the squad has finally drawn to a close the cloud and air of gloom that has been hanging over the place and players since January's upheaval.

I'd go with the following team and impinge on them the need to work hard and impose themselves on the opposition, get back to doing the simple things right that worked so well for us at the start of the season.

I'd put Imrie to LB, Hendrie injured thankfully so won't be quoted. Get him and Crawford working well together. I'd also give LL a start, I know he's not been quoted but I love his energy, he runs all day and on his day can be hugely effective, him and Ziggy used to operate well together on the right hand side, we need legs and pace and he has this.

For me the width is essential as we can't do too one dimensional lumping up to Brophy. The 4 wide players are experienced, athletic and disciplined, they should be well capable of adding lots to the game both attacking and defensively.

For me a lot depends on Brophy, if he can fulfill the potential we think he has and is given a chance he could be the difference. There is enough talent in this team to deliver. It's down to each of the players to win their individual battles and go and add something to the game.

Stop f*cking about and go and play like you can lads and we will win.

McGovern

Ziggy Jesus Devlin Imrie

Routledge

Redmond Gillespie

Longridge Crawford

Brophy
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:22 pm

0-3 RC

Sorry, but there you go.

I'll still be there.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Pinchermartin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:18 pm

After all my years of watching Accies playing second fiddle to Motherwell a defeat next week will really piss me off.
If we get humped never mind domes I would sell the park for housing.
Pinchermartin
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:13 pm

That was much better,but ultimately still not good enough.The required changes were made and the football was good at times and should have led to more goals.However,poor substitutions again and as usual too late.Giving a guy less than five minutes,what's the point.Give the guys at least 20 minutes.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives