Accies .V. Ross County - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Ross County - Match Thread

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:42 pm

That was much better,but ultimately still not good enough.The required changes were made and the football was good at times and should have led to more goals.However,poor substitutions again and as usual too late.Giving a guy less than five minutes,what's the point.Give the guys at least 20 minutes.

Agree with above. We played some good football and looked more like our old selves in the lead upto both our goals. Will need to see the replays to see how easy we lost 2. Maybe its in Brophy’s contract that he only gets to make cameo performances! Fortunately St J. lost so another point on the board nearer the magic 43 that as far as I’m concerned keeps us out of 11th spot
Alfie Olek

Postby really? » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:33 pm

how bad must Scumski be if he can't get a sub appearance ahead of Longridge?

we could've had that game won if MC had taken control with some decent, timeous subs
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:18 pm

really? wrote:how bad must Scumski be if he can't get a sub appearance ahead of Longridge?

we could've had that game won if MC had taken control with some decent, timeous subs

Are you really calling a player who has made 1 sub appearance that?
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:23 pm

really? wrote:how bad must Scumski be if he can't get a sub appearance ahead of Longridge?

You are a cretin.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:26 pm

A bit better but most of the others have summed it up.

Scotland would not get a start from any other premier team and most first division teams. I doubt he would get 80 odd minutes at any other senior club in Scotland' let alone a club with a striker in the U19s set up . He did better today but its embarrassing that he is on for most of the game. Redmond did his signature 50 mins and then nothing - he doesn't have the presence, fitness or inclination to compete over 90 mins at this level and even his good 50 mins is patchy.

Our January signings have contributed almost nothing so farwhich is not good enough - when they signed we didn't know if they were fit or good enough to make a major contribution this season but it looks like that has been answered now.

Michaal D was deserving of his MoTM award.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Well, I observed on another post that accies have gone from boom to bust in one season, but I didn't think I would need to revise that to boom to bust in one game. It was looking on the cards after the first RC goal. The defence seemed to lose all confidence, RC came back strongly into the match and the second goal was inevitable the more the match dragged on. What happened after a great opening period? Unbelievable!
There should have been a change 10 mins in to the second half - why is brophy kept on the bench, why was Hasselbank brought on 5 minutes from the end? Why did the manager think that this was going to make a difference. Scotland is a 45 minute player - 100% effort, then he gets tired. Get brophy on, actually, get 2 up front with Hasselbank as there is now no significant target man that can play up front alone for 90.
There was noise from Canning in the dugout, but it was noise for noise sake from what I heard - 'get up Dougie!' Blah blah blah... Swailes was standing 15feet away from canning virtually the whole match - management team? I find it hard to watch. They should be talking to each other and collectively changing the tactics as the other team change theirs. I'm sorry Martin, but you just aren't ready for this level of management, and are doing more harm to the team than good. You have another season at accies in you, but then you need a season or two at queen of the South or similar, and then management.
Positives - Crawford, devlin, imrie and Scotland (for 45)
Thank goodness the points were posted early in the season as I would think we are currently the worst form team in the division just now....with the hibs and the hearts coming back up and St mirren and Motherwell likely for the drop, this division next season is going to be a real challenge for our club, and with safety guaranteed this season, I would like to see the rebuilding start now, rather than in the close season. That must involve a change in manager, (sorry Martin, who can assess the squad, see who can cut the mustard in the current squad, and start the process of change - what do the club want in terms of ambition, what do they need to do to get there, who are the potential targets, what is in the player puppy farm in terms of talent? Is the pain of making difficult decisions better now, rather than get to the end of the season, stand shaking their clueless, collective management heads, and it is July before you know it......too late!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Some encouraging signs. Pressure is all on Motherwell this week, we can relax a bit. A draw would be ok, a win and we're as good as top 6. Leave the negativity for the moaners who never post when we win. That was a good physical County side and a draw isn't a bad result, despite the frustration of losing a good lead. Devlin outstanding, Tena and Imrie next best, Ali much better. Lyon and Macdonald showed promise. Would still rather Jason starts than Brophy, but Eamonn needs to be on a bit earlier, when he comes on at all.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:18 pm

^^^^^this^^^^ we are 6 games over due a new manager!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Subs on far too late, and the wrong one's too. Why Longridge gets a start over Brophy is beyond more than me. Hasselbaink still looks overweight and has a poor touch. Jason put in a lot of effort, but we needed fresh legs with some skill, and LL was NOT the answer. I would have kept Redmond on for his creativity, and taken off Lyon, who looked sometimes like it was too much for him. Good effort though from him.

Remember, doomsters, that we were playing the form team in the division, even though they were in the bottom three. They are big, AND physical, and Craig Thompson's inconsistency hardly helped our cause. Grant Gillespie was fouled throughout, and received little if any protection from the ref. RC had a number of chances to scorer in the first half, and we were lucky to go in @ 2-1. Our defence seemed to loose it the longer the game went on. Devlin had a great game however, with Jesus's only mistake was missing the ball in the air from which they equalised. McDonald was patchy, but Ziggy threw himself at everything (as usual). Dougie gave 150% up front.

As others have said, It was clear that we needed substitutions much earlier, and the management 'team' failed to think tactically for much of the game. Even with shouts of 'get Brophy on', Canning then puts Nigel on!! Why?? We have a proven goal scorer, with us for seasons, and yet he thinks that a recent signing, not good enough for lower league English football, is the answer??

If we show the desire and enthusiasm we had in the first 20 minutes, in a Motherwell game where THEY are the one's under pressure, then we should get a positive win at last. It's a big IF, however.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:52 pm

Totally mixed feelings over the game today.

For the first half hour it was like watching the Accies team from the 1st half of the season. We were attack minded and our passing was at times superb.

Then it all went wrong.
The same issues reared its ugly head again and we went back to defending too deep and the defending was chaotic.

I'm glad Canning took in place on the bench, so he could see things from the sidelines and I hope he does that for at least a few more games.

Disappointing thing was again the lack of timely decision making from the bench, was it was crystal clear to all in the stand that we needed someone more quick up top in the 2nd half and that Gillespie was close to a red card.

Put it this way, with a 2 week break and a team building break in the FA training centre and being 2-0 up, we still couldn't hold the lead.
Very, very poor.

It really doesn't look like the present management team have it in themselves to achieve.

For me the last chance saloon, for a win, is the up and coming Motherwell game.
If we can't win that one, we may well go through the rest of the season without a win under Canning.

We now have St J, Dundee and Killie breathing down our necks.

I still stick to my top 6 objective as being the benchmark to judge the present management team, so until it's either achieved or not, then for me, the jury is still out.

It certainly doesn't look good.

P.S I thought Imrie had a really good game today.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:07 pm

porcupine wrote:Subs on far too late, and the wrong one's too. Why Longridge gets a start over Brophy is beyond more than me. Hasselbaink still looks overweight and has a poor touch. Jason put in a lot of effort, but we needed fresh legs with some skill, and LL was NOT the answer. I would have kept Redmond on for his creativity, and taken off Lyon, who looked sometimes like it was too much for him. Good effort though from him.

Remember, doomsters, that we were playing the form team in the division, even though they were in the bottom three. They are big, AND physical, and Craig Thompson's inconsistency hardly helped our cause. Grant Gillespie was fouled throughout, and received little if any protection from the ref. RC had a number of chances to scorer in the first half, and we were lucky to go in @ 2-1. Our defence seemed to loose it the longer the game went on. Devlin had a great game however, with Jesus's only mistake was missing the ball in the air from which they equalised. McDonald was patchy, but Ziggy threw himself at everything (as usual). Dougie gave 150% up front.

As others have said, It was clear that we needed substitutions much earlier, and the management 'team' failed to think tactically for much of the game. Even with shouts of 'get Brophy on', Canning then puts Nigel on!! Why?? We have a proven goal scorer, with us for seasons, and yet he thinks that a recent signing, not good enough for lower league English football, is the answer??

If we show the desire and enthusiasm we had in the first 20 minutes, in a Motherwell game where THEY are the one's under pressure, then we should get a positive win at last. It's a big IF, however.

They are the form team as they brought in good players in jan! These players did not cost the earth. We did nothing and this is why we have the worst form team!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 pm

H9crx wrote:
porcupine wrote:Subs on far too late, and the wrong one's too. Why Longridge gets a start over Brophy is beyond more than me. Hasselbaink still looks overweight and has a poor touch. Jason put in a lot of effort, but we needed fresh legs with some skill, and LL was NOT the answer. I would have kept Redmond on for his creativity, and taken off Lyon, who looked sometimes like it was too much for him. Good effort though from him.

They are the form team as they brought in good players in jan! These players did not cost the earth. We did nothing and this is why we have the worst form team!

Not so, we did buy, or acquire, players. Other than Hasslebaink, (who looks unfit) we have seen none of them, which would suggest that they were panic, and poor buys. Other teams added strength to their squad. We seem to have done nothing after the erosion of ours.

Agree that we could have continued our success, by adding some quality in January, even though time within the 'window' was very limited after AN left.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:46 pm

That first half hour was magic and was reminiscent of the Neil era. Played some great stuff and looked like opening them up at will. Then the rest happened. When they pulled one back it reminded me of the game vs Partick back in November. Coasting at 2-0 then we concede and panic. County looked much better than the other two times we've played them this season and looked very dangerous down the flanks. I'm just about as far away from our dugout as you can get in the home end and haven't been near enough to them at away games but what people are saying about Swailes & co is pathetic. We might as well put Canning out there himself by the sounds of it. Beuzelin and Swailes have done nothing to change us on the park from before they came.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Gaspode wrote:

You are a cretin.

please tell me what Louis Longridge has to offer at this level?

granted, he's a good Championship player, but having had ? sub-appearances in Premiership, has he ever done anything to suggest he's going to change a game?

we made some signings - one from K FC by the looks of it and another guy who's looked not bad in the u20s - why not at least give him a chance instead of a guy, a good guy, who's had plenty of chances and taken none of them?

why wait until so late in a game that's turning against us to make some positive substitutions and try to regain the initiative?

answer these simple questions and you can call me what you want.

said we wouldn't win another game this season 10 games ago and I'm keen to be proved wrong.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:38 pm

accies1874 wrote:That first half hour was magic and was reminiscent of the Neil era. Played some great stuff and looked like opening them up at will. Then the rest happened. When they pulled one back it reminded me of the game vs Partick back in November. Coasting at 2-0 then we concede and panic. County looked much better than the other two times we've played them this season and looked very dangerous down the flanks. I'm just about as far away from our dugout as you can get in the home end and haven't been near enough to them at away games but what people are saying about Swailes & co is pathetic. We might as well put Canning out there himself by the sounds of it. Beuzelin and Swailes have done nothing to change us on the park from before they came.

what game were you at? the first half hour was dreadful ping-pong football where we never got the ball on the deck or controlled the game but managed to get 2 goals up against a poor RC who could easily have got a couple themselves. We were never coasting at 2-0 and always looked vulnerable at the back. Sorry, but today was painful and, despite 100% effort from the players, our 'manager' (sorry MC because I think you're a great Accies player) let us down through naivety, poor decisions and freezing when action was required.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:39 pm

accies1874 wrote:That first half hour was magic and was reminiscent of the Neil era. Played some great stuff and looked like opening them up at will. Then the rest happened. When they pulled one back it reminded me of the game vs Partick back in November. Coasting at 2-0 then we concede and panic. County looked much better than the other two times we've played them this season and looked very dangerous down the flanks. I'm just about as far away from our dugout as you can get in the home end and haven't been near enough to them at away games but what people are saying about Swailes & co is pathetic. We might as well put Canning out there himself by the sounds of it. Beuzelin and Swailes have done nothing to change us on the park from before they came.

ffs!
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 am

Let's cut to the chase_CANTZO ain't got it_never will have it_end of.PLEASE GO AWAY_
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby DC United » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:24 am

At 2-0 the score flattered us, although the second goal was very well set up and finished by Imrie. Team looked nervous in the second half and for me Lyons, who contributed nothing, should have been hooked for Routledge whilst it was still 2-1. Routledge, with his experience would potentially have steadied the midfield, where we struggled to get a foot hold in the game. Canning didn't change anything, Ross Co scored and that was that. At least we scored but our league position is a false reflection of recent performances. We are quite probably the worst team in the league now.

Can we appeal Gillespie's yellow card and have it recinded...? :oops:

PS, who choses the half time music?? 'The Power of Love' by Jennifer Rush as the players run back on the park! :shock:
DC United
Pub League

Postby really? » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:33 am

accie wrote:

Are you really calling a player who has made 1 sub appearance that?

i couldn't understand your comment - i thought that was his name as reported in the press that i read, not 'Sumski' - apologies for the misunderstanding - i was trying to find the details on Club Website but Alex Neil and Tony Andreu are still players according to that..
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:08 am

You can now get better odds on Danny Cunning becoming the new Rangers kitman or stanistheman buying a pair of ghd hair-straighteners than Accies finishing in the top6.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives