St Mirren v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: St Mirren v Accies

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Accies999 wrote:Right the Hoops, this is it, the start a of a journey and reigniting our season.

McGovern

Gordon Canning Tena Hendrie (back to best)

Tagliapietra

Imrie Crawford Mackinnon Hasslebank

Scotland

3-0 to the Hoops........Imrie Hasslebank Brophy(off the bench)

That may be a very good call, especially about Tagliapietra. Did he not start in midfield in one of the U20s games?

I've thought for a while that we need height in the midfield and that someone that could drop back into defence, to make up a central 3.
Is Devlin out for this weekend?, as I would rather start with him than Jesus. Another way of looking at it may be Canning starting on the bench and viewing things more dispassionately from the sidelines, that would allow Jesus to start.

Think Mackinnon has been rank rotten recently, but Routledge has not exactly been sparkling either.
Hope you're right about the scoreline.
I'm desperate for us to secure top 6.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:11 pm

MC confident that ziggy and gills will make it tomorrow after injuries last week.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 pm

well if Gillespie plays we're bound to win
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Let's be positive.

First win for Canning
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby accie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:24 pm

really? wrote:well if Gillespie plays we're bound to win

I thought Gills was one of the most improved players this season when we were on our roll. Off the boil now but so is everyone else.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:25 pm

This can't continue we are now doing damage that will last in to next year!

Sorry Martin I think you need to step down to playing nice guy Accies ledgend yes manager No.
Last edited by H9crx on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:35 pm

On the bright side Norwich have a chance to close to within 1 pt of automatic promotion,That should keep the happy clappers well happy.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:43 pm

H9crx wrote:This can't continue we are now doing damage that will last in to next year!

Sorry Martin I think you need to step down to playing nice guy aside ledgend yes manager No.

agree
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:58 pm

+ve change needed asap
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:09 pm

Simple solution_CANNING out NOW!
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Canning to step back to playing but I don't want Swales as the boss!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Have to say if this is the type of display where the "ethos" is leading, it is very worrying.Totally clueless, without any leadership on or off the park. On the evidence of the games Martin has been in charge , he is not ready ....sorry, but it has to be said
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear and thats just Mackinnons performance/behaviour. Out of his depth but then the team weren’t much better today either. Mcgovern again superb with 2 reflex saves otherwise we would have gone in at half time 2 - 0 down. Mcdonald looked reasonable in the first half. I’m clutching straws I know. We just don’t look like a premiership side anymore and i think we are getting worse. The steak pie was quite good though.
Alfie Olek

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Piss poor performance. Never looked like scoring. The frustrations just keep coming. I wanted canzo to be a success but it's not happening now and I don't think it will.

I know we had it good before with Alex, all of us on this forum have been supporting Accies long enough to know it's not easy supporting us but the decline has been so fast. We seem to have went from very very good to rank rotten in the space of weeks. New Years day we demolished Motherwell today we'd have struggled against their reserves.

Chris swailles is another who I liked and really wanted it to work for but his only role seems to be sending subs to warm up once canninge told him too. He stands there with his arms behind his back offering little encouragement, instructions or anything. I loved him as a player his commitment was never in doubt but I fail to see what he brings. If canzos on the pitch swailles should be making decisions in the dugout, instructing players, encouraging them. Apart from a few hand claps today, nothing.

Mackinnon was a disgrace today. He's been terrible for weeks and was lucky not to get sent off today. Surely when he's been booked and then spoken to by the red the right thing to do is take him off. Basically his next foul was a red so get him off!! Instead he lasts another 20 mins not able to tackle before Louis 'run the ball out' longridge gets his usual appearance to do nothing again.

Pass marks today to McGovern, kept us in it. Dread to think our recent scores if it wasn't for him keeping the scores respectable. Ziggy, never stops trying and was the only player to come over and put a hand of apology up to the support today. And McDonald who posted well considering it's his debut and coming into a team not doing well.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Wasn't at the game today, so were we really as bad as reported on tv and radio?

Also, I'd like to hear from the "pro-Canning / give Canning until next season" brigade.
Not having a go at you guys, but can you offer us "doubters" reasons to think things are or will improve.
What signs of improvement are happening, as I can't see them?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:On the bright side Norwich have a chance to close to within 1 pt of automatic promotion,That should keep the happy clappers well happy.

Stop trying to create factions within the support. Nobody is happy with this.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Poor, poor stuff. We are nowhere good enough to be able to play 2 up, its something the fans may call for but its not realistic. The 451 suits us across the squad and perhaps more importantly we don't have ONE match fit proven or semi proven striker so to start with 2 up is mad.

Jason starting sums it up for me, he knows, the club knows and we know he is nowhere near good enough. His movement is shocking and he has added missing sitters to his game over the last few matches.

The goalkeeper and defenders were decent (good debut by Macdonald) but no one else did themselves any credit; and I am not surprised given the lack of width and their goal was coming all day and we did nothing. That we stayed with a flawed system for the full 90 was poor.

Dazza was a disgrace, he looked to have gotten away with his opponent getting booked but he managed to talk himself into a yellow, seemed to disagree with his nearby team mates and seconds later could have gone for a second yellow. Again Canning and Swailes don't act; the midfield gets even worse cos everyone knows Dazza should be off and can't tackle and then we loose the goal. We were quick enough to take action against MAC for indiscipline; a player who I always said suited our play and who we will miss hugely for the rest of the season.

So back to 451 and Scotland, Routledge and Dazza can have more than a fortnight off for me.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:
Chase Outlaw wrote:On the bright side Norwich have a chance to close to within 1 pt of automatic promotion,That should keep the happy clappers well happy.

Stop trying to create factions within the support. Nobody is happy with this.

Sky Sports 3 tomorrow 14.05.I will be lapping it up
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Accies4ever wrote:Wasn't at the game today, so were we really as bad as reported on tv and radio?

Also, I'd like to hear from the "pro-Canning / give Canning until next season" brigade.
Not having a go at you guys, but can you offer us "doubters" reasons to think things are or will improve.
What signs of improvement are happening, as I can't see them?

I have left my responses until 21.00hrs in the hope of being more objective. However, my support for the board's original decision has now evaporated. Having missed both the Aberdeen & Celtic games, I was sure that, going to Paisley today, playing against a team at the foot of the SPFL table, AND not having had a home win this SEASON, then we would come away with three points. How wrong can one be?

St Mirren are a poor, poor team, but wanted the points more than we did. McGovern kept us in it with some great saves, Ziggy gave his usual 150%, and McDonald had a good game, within a 'team' of disjointed individuals. Midfield was almost non-existent, and we were second to the ball on most occasions. Long high punts up the park, to a ineffective Hasseless and a slow Scotland, were mopped up by a tall defence. We had about 10 minutes in total trying to play it on the deck.

As others have said, McKinnon was a liability (again). He is, IMO, a robust Championship player at best, and he cannot control his temper for 90 minutes. He should have been subbed early into the second half. But, here's the question. Who decides?? Is it the captain, who is playing in goals, and furthest from the action/incident? Or is it the Manager, who is desperately trying to avoid another nail in his coffin? Or is it the bench, who arguably, can see the entire play developing, or fizzling out, from the centre line? Canning finally tells Ziggy to run over to the bench, which then send the subs out in the howling rain, only for them to be returned to the dugout to sit there for another 10/15 minutes!! Brophy finally gets onto the park, once we are a goal down, and is subject of a crunching tackle/foul within 30 seconds which must have left him both soaked to the skin, and bruised from a slide of about four metres on the side of the pitch. Redmond was the obvious choice to replace McKinnon after the first incident, but, No, he remains a substitute and never plays. At least he has some talent. Super-sub Longridge, who has done absolutely nothing this season, gets game time near the end. Why??

Imrie tried too hard near the end. Routledge, McKinnon & Crawford were really poor, with Devlin & Canning just getting pass marks. Why we signed Nigel, is beyond belief, other than some old pals act, as his touch is dreadful. Even before the game started, he only hit the net with one of about
eight attempts in the warm-up.

At The end Ziggy came over to the fans, looked embarrassed for his team-mates performance, but had the balls to face the support, which is more than the rest did, apart from McDonald.

Yes, I know we have lost 22, Neil & MAC, all of whom contributed significantly to out teams previous success. BUT, that is four/five weeks ago, and the new management team seem to have neither the ability, the skills required, or the management 'bite/acumen to stop the free-fall. Results elsewhere were a miracle in that all others around us lost too, other than St J. Before today, I thought the Ross County game looked to be a possible banana skin, given their two previous results. Now, I cannot see where we can see a win until the split. I was both supportive of the board's appointment, and of the need of time to play a team where we should roll over them the way we did up to Christmas. I now conclude, Accies4Ever, that Martin Canning should face up to the reality that he just does not have the skill-set for this task at present, and, more importantly, Les & Ronnie should have the 'balls' to recognise that, if we are to survive this free fall, then one of the "many outstanding candidates" should be approached to kick the team into shape, for the remainder of the season, regardless of the Club's "Ethos" from now until May 2015.

Today,was like watching Accies of 10/20 years ago in the lower leagues. Desperately, desperately poor!!! Has it been 2 points from a possible 27??? or are my maths wrong????
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:26 pm

hasselbaink is well overweight how the hell did he pass a fitness test ?
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives