Celtic .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Celtic .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:14 pm

About 60 tickets sold.With the £26 tickets and our horrendous results/performances,the fans have made their mind up for this game.

Even if we fluke a result,can we see the current side stopping Dundee,St.Johnstone and Killie overtaking us.Jury is out on this.

I would play some of the better under 20's and the three newbies the rest of the season.The current side have failed since Neil left.Others deserve their chance.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Any one thinking we can still have top six are kidding them selfs. Avoiding a Religation battle is my hopes now!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:44 pm

H9crx wrote:Any one thinking we can still have top six are kidding them selfs. Avoiding a Religation battle is my hopes now!

Great Success ! :D :D :D :D :D

We already can't be relegated. :oops:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Whats the numbers?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:04 pm

While individually any team can overtake us on points, all can't since they would be taking points off of each other. Perhaps there is a series of results where it is possible for us to end up in the bottom two, but the odds would be very much against it.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 pm

But their is a chance we could be down the bottom with out a win in say 12 shitting our pants. Bet HiBs did not think they would fall that far last year!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Anyone got a spare ticket?

Thought I couldn't go, now I can........
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 pm

H9crx wrote:Whats the numbers?

Come on, we can't be relegated.

Can we? :oops: Let's be positive. :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Ridiculous as this may sound, we really need to win this one to keep our top six dream alive.

Last time we went to Parkhead most of us fancied we'd take something, the same can't be said about tomorrow.

It's really quite sad, when you think about it, how our season has fizzled out since that 1-0 win in Perth. Will it be another 80 years before an Accies team is capable of competing at that level again?
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Hasselbank and Devlin in from the kick off. Canning has kept himself in but big Lucas is on the bench. No sign of Lynch or Sumsky.
Alfie Olek

Postby Todd_is_God » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Shite
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:11 pm

We did what most teams do at Parkhead parked the bus. Once that inevitably fails there is no real plan B. Without Mcgovern again it would have been 5/6. I would call this the Grand Old Duke of York season. The team has led us to the top of the hill and now they are leading us back down :cry: A win next week is vital not for top six but for the players morale. Oh I see Lucas made an appearance.
Alfie Olek

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:28 pm

We need to stop the rot!!

Five points sorts us for top 6, maybe even 4.

The players need to start thinking about the principles that managed to glean us 39 pts from first 20 games.

I am forever hopeful we start putting some reasonable performances together prior to split.

Big 4 games in context of the season......St Mirren, Ross Co, M'well and St J......fingers crossed for some points!!!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:00 pm

As bad a performance against OF away that I can remember. 0 shots on target 1 shot off target. As bad as anything underBilly Reid. Showed absolutely nothing. don't even get me started on certain players trying to get Celtic shirts at the end. Embarrassing, and I would normally see myself as what is classed as a happy clapper.

I really wanted Martin to do well, but I struggle to listen to him talking up "the positives" from our recent performances. There are none. Seriously p!ssed off.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Just had a hot bath after my first post and although I'm no longer cold, I don't feel any better about the game. I thought we played like a 3rd division team at CP for a cup tie, who were just glad to get to play at their heroes ground and get a chance to get their idols' tops, and hopefully keep the score down. We did not look like a team just 4 places below in the league who had already won at CP with most of the same team.

Unfortunately I really fear the worst with Martin as manager, and I can't see where the next goal is coming from let alone the next win. I really want to be wrong, and hope that Martin leaves me with egg on my face.

How do we move forward : drop Darion, he's been poor for weeks and handed Celtic their breakthrough today. I hope he comes back a few weeks down the line with his form rediscovered. I would give Eamonn Brophy a starting place and a run of half a dozen games in the team to see if he can make a break through. I would also push the boat out to find an experienced midfielder who can reignite Crawford, Redmond, Imrie etc . Whether that is someone from say England who is out of contract, or an exceptional loan player I'm generally not a fan of Accies loaning in players, but needs must.

' m generally positive about everything Accies and supportive of the board and management, but I haven't felt this negative about Accies since Billy Reid hit rock bottom.

However I will continue to be vocally supportive of the players and martin while he is in post.

Please prove me wrong Martin !!!!!
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:As bad a performance against OF away that I can remember. 0 shots on target 1 shot off target. As bad as anything underBilly Reid. Showed absolutely nothing. don't even get me started on certain players trying to get Celtic shirts at the end. Embarrassing, and I would normally see myself as what is classed as a happy clapper.

I really wanted Martin to do well, but I struggle to listen to him talking up "the positives" from our recent performances. There are none. Seriously p!ssed off.

No real surprise, even an Accies legend like Mark McLaughlin did this, and that was at NDP. On a similar theme, has anyone else noticed the picture frames on the left wall as you step inside the main entrance at the ground. They are practically a homage to Celtic. In both we're wearing our unfamiliar, one season only tangerine away top. I think one pic is basically of a Celtic player with some Accies players in the background. What message does this send out of us as a club? Small time that's what. Grateful to share a park with the mighty Celtic. Haven't we had enough highlights in our recent history to feature on this wall? 2008 title win? Easter Road? Actually winning at Celtic? Sorry, trivial I know, but it really winds me up every time I see them.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Jjkkeeaa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:00 pm

I watched the new boy Lucas against St Johnstone and St mirren in the development league and thought he was looking excellent. He looked assured in his cameo today and surely he's a starter on Saturday
Jjkkeeaa
Pub League

Postby simonswimmer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:10 am

Toothless performance today. But found myself more embarrassed by...

- The appearance of the union jack.
- Players swapping shirts at the end. The only shirt that should matter to them is the red and white one they are wearing.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby RyanT » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:09 am

Just finished watching the good old youtube highlights... wow, talk about 4-0 going on 10-0... Ugh.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:50 pm

simonswimmer wrote:Toothless performance today. But found myself more embarrassed by...

- The appearance of the union jack.
- Players swapping shirts at the end. The only shirt that should matter to them is the red and white one they are wearing.

Was it a Union Jack though ?
Was it not a red and white flag in a similar style ?
If it was a proper Union flag , then yes that has no place at a HAFC game , but why be embarrassed by a red and white flag ?
If it was a red and white saltire type flag , would you be embarrassed ?
Not looking for an argument , BTW , just wondering why you would be embarrassed ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives