Celtic .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Celtic .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Why are some fans trying to make us a mini- Airdrie? I watched a little of their Alba match against Forfar last week. There were 5 or 6 actual union jacks spread over the seats at various points in the main stand and behind one of the goals. Have we a selection of Brit Nats in our support who prefer the UJ to the saltire? It's a free country but don't expect other fans to like it.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 pm

But it was not a Union Flag ......it was a red and white flag in a style of the Union flag .
And as for your comment about Airdrie....we are not on the same planet as them so no comparisons , thank you .
Hibs have a green and black flag in a union flag style , does that make them "Brit Nats " ? :lol:

It's not my flag nor do I know who owns it , but it's seems to me that a few folk are getting a wee bit annoyed about nothing much in particular.......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby simonswimmer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:03 pm

glasgow accie wrote:But it was not a Union Flag ......it was a red and white flag in a style of the Union flag .
And as for your comment about Airdrie....we are not on the same planet as them so no comparisons , thank you .
Hibs have a green and black flag in a union flag style , does that make them "Brit Nats " ? :lol:

It's not my flag nor do I know who owns it , but it's seems to me that a few folk are getting a wee bit annoyed about nothing much in particular.......

One of the reasons I'm proud to support Hamilton is that the club and supporters have no affiliation to either side of the political / religious spectrum that is divisive elsewhere in the west of scotland area. The union flag (colour scheme is an irrelevance) is synonymous with one side of this spectrum.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:48 pm

The union flag (colour scheme is an irrelevance) is synonymous with one side of this spectrum.

Yep totally agree Oh wait a minute Accies have been flying the Championship flag at home games for years and its a red and white saltire. What a disgrace. Sack the Board :?

Knickers twisted over nothing IMO
Alfie Olek

Postby simonswimmer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
The union flag (colour scheme is an irrelevance) is synonymous with one side of this spectrum.

Yep totally agree Oh wait a minute Accies have been flying the Championship flag at home games for years and its a red and white saltire. What a disgrace. Sack the Board :?

Knickers twisted over nothing IMO

Ach relax mate, I wasn't looking for an argument.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:35 pm

simonswimmer wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:But it was not a Union Flag ......it was a red and white flag in a style of the Union flag .

One of the reasons I'm proud to support Hamilton is that the club and supporters have no affiliation to either side of the political / religious spectrum that is divisive elsewhere in the west of scotland area. The union flag (colour scheme is an irrelevance) is synonymous with one side of this spectrum.

Explain the hibs flag then ???? :roll:

As I and others have said more important things to worry about at Hafc just now ...
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:05 pm

This flag pish is kind of deflecting a much more important point.Namely that Martin Canning is a donkey.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby silverfox » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Can't see much evidence of the benefits coming from Swailes and Beuzelin.Accies have more coaches than national express and the backbone of the team is largely the one that was successful early season. So what's happening; was there too much reliance on 22, and are now being found out?
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Great points.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby simonswimmer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:28 am

glasgow accie wrote:
simonswimmer wrote:

As I and others have said more important things to worry about at Hafc just now ...

I think you've got the wrong guy, I never mentioned anything about hibs or "Brit nats".
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:59 am

Do any other accies fans agree that Hendrie and Dazzler should be dropped? I have been saying it for weeks. What do the management team see that we don't?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 pm

One of the reasons I'm proud to support Hamilton is that the club and supporters have no affiliation to either side of the political / religious spectrum that is divisive elsewhere in the west of scotland area. The union flag (colour scheme is an irrelevance) is synonymous with one side of this spectrum.[/quote]

As I and others have said more important things to worry about at Hafc just now ...[/quote]

I think you've got the wrong guy, I never mentioned anything about hibs or "Brit nats".[/quote]

No but you did say that the union flag suggests affiliation with one side of the political / religious divide (ie unionism or Protestantism , although to be fair , you don't actually say that ).....so I asked again how that explains the Hibs flag ?
It is only a flag with their teams football colours on it.....nothing more .
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby H9crx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:29 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Do any other accies fans agree that Hendrie and Dazzler should be dropped? I have been saying it for weeks. What do the management team see that we don't?

Yes 100% why are we playing a player who is off and won't take one for the team!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:23 pm

H9crx wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Do any other accies fans agree that Hendrie and Dazzler should be dropped? I have been saying it for weeks. What do the management team see that we don't?

Yes 100% why are we playing a player who is off and won't take one for the team!

I believe it as well along with a few others. They get away with it though as we have no strength in depth which is bad for the club and the players as they would find it easier to get out of the rut if they had competition for places
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives