Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .Vs. Aberdeen - Match thread

Postby H9crx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:42 pm

8 min in and Daz and Hendrey need the hook utter gash
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Garbage utter garbage,But on the brightside we have a few quid in the bank and Norwich are in a play off position :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Second goal came after two accies players run into each other in the Dons box! No idea up front slow and gash!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:12 pm

We have had lots of the ball but are lacking belief unfortunately. We started well and got suckered, twice!!
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Lol that was miles over the line, turning point??
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Another goal gifted,Just as well the lino wasn't up with play :cry: :cry: :cry:
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Daz is so bad no effort!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:30 pm

I like Daz but he's anonymous today, not got himself involved from the wide role.
This Accies team never gives in so I still have hope!!!
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Would put AB on and daz off with GG taking up Daz role!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Thankfully I had a family christening today which mean't I was unable to attend. The bad news is that I have managed to watch the whole second half as the post christening venue had sky. We are completely inept, clueless and a complete shadow of the team from just a few weeks back. Sure we have lost our manager and two key players - trust me we will rue the day we let Antoine-Curier go, however surely a team cannot crumble to the levels we have witnessed recently.

This was nothing more than a training session for Aberdeen that's how embarrassing it was today.

Canning says his first win is just around the corner, really when will that be?
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Absolute stroll in the park.Worry not we have a few quid in the bank.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:44 pm

First half we did actually create 3 chances but nobody to do anything with them. Aberdeen created 3 in the first half and scored 3 although the third chalked off when a yard over the line. Second half any thought of getting something back went with Tena’s sending off. The Aberdeen fans were singing 6 - 0 towards the end with a further 2 goals chalked off for offside and a penalty claim turned down so at the end of the day we were lucky to lose only 3 - 0. Didn’t expect anything from the game but the manner of losing is worrying and i expect a similar result next week. We then have a run of games we would have expected to win but the psychological damage that is being done doesn’t augur well. Agreed that Daz didn’t look ip to the mark and Redmond didnt make much of an impact for me. jason needs someone who can score alongside of him but we don’t have anyone. And Martin in defence as well as being manager isn’t working. Our bench was largely anonymous. :cry:
Alfie Olek

Postby geoffhayton » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:47 pm

That was sad. Here in the States Accies games are only shown once or twice per year, and I was really looking forward to a better showing today.

I'd bet that Fox will replay it all week, though. They love big teams and big brands on the winning side of a massacre.
geoffhayton
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Scotland, Routledge, Daz, Redmond & Tena were shocking today; some of them not for the first time. Scotland up front is increasingly a solid investment in the past; his movement outside the box is atrocious and we cant even now rely on him to do anything decent in the box; this is a player that identified himself that he is gone at this level, the club agreed and now he is playing week after week for 80 mins and over - that he remains rated by so many on here is a mystery to me. Routledge has struggled to come back from injury, Redmond flatters to deceive and is never a footballer in terms of physical fitness and presence, Tena got what is now a typically stupid Accies red card; and Dazza I rate but he is bang out of form.

We are not really able to compete with the top 4 so really the problem was last week and the week before rather than today. We do no have goals and out of 5 midfielders and 1 striker Crawford is the most likely to score. Who gets subbed first ? Crawford! whilst the imposters of Scotland and Redmond look as confused as the fans by that madness.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Scotland, Routledge, Daz, Redmond & Tena were shocking today; some of them not for the first time. Scotland up front is increasingly a solid investment in the past; his movement outside the box is atrocious and we cant even now rely on him to do anything decent in the box; this is a player that identified himself that he is gone at this level, the club agreed and now he is playing week after week for 80 mins and over - that he remains rated by so many on here is a mystery to me. Routledge has struggled to come back from injury, Redmond flatters to deceive and is never a footballer in terms of physical fitness and presence, Tena got what is now a typically stupid Accies red card; and Dazza I rate but he is bang out of form.

We are not really able to compete with the top 4 so really the problem was last week and the week before rather than today. We do no have goals and out of 5 midfielders and 1 striker Crawford is the most likely to score. Who gets subbed first ? Crawford! whilst the imposters of Scotland and Redmond look as confused as the fans by that madness.

I thought that 3 of the players you single out for criticism (Scotland, Routledge & Redmond) were our best outfield performers today (faint praise!). I'm usually a fan of Crawford but he give Canning no option but to substitute him this afternoon as much like last week the head had dropped and with it the work rate.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Well what can we say about us today?

Pish, clueless, disorganised, lacking in any ideas or positional awareness, non-committed, no fight...it goes on and on.

Yes, we had some half chances, but we were slow to react and never really looked like scoring.

The only pass marks I would give, was to McGovern and Canning. Everybody else was pure pish.

Hendrie. Although he put in a good cross for Scotland's chance and a half decent shot, he is really treading water until the new season starts. I say drop him. Get him in the development team and keep him there until he either shows some commitment or the season ends.

Garcia-Tena. Totally deserved his red card. Idiotic defending from him. Get Devlin back and stick Jesus on the bench.

Ziggy. Usually reliable, even he's now putting in sub-standard performances.

Routledge. Too often caught or nearly caught in possession, leading to hurried passes to the opposition.

Mackinnon. Hasn't tried (apart from my patience) since Alex left. Another to warm the bench.

Gillespie. Tries hard but to no avail. Too often tries to play the fancy ball to no effect. I think he's now confused which position he should play. Is it RB or LB or DM. No this week it's AM (F**k's sake!)

Crawford. Has really went off the boil. Only useful for corner kicks and a well deserved early bath today, and not for good reasons.

Watson. I know he's part of the development squad, but raw as hell today and was like a rabbit in the headlights.

Redmond. Has nice touches at times and obvious skill, but always seems to choose the wrong option. He totally gave up in the 2nd half and surprised he wasn't first subbed.

Scotland. Had little supply today, but boy is his age catching up with him. Slower than a week in the jail.

Brophy. Again brought on way too late. Give him at least a whole half.

Sumsky. How bloody small is he? Hope he plays on the wing, otherwise he's going to get doing playing in centre field

Canning. Thought he played well today, but I just feel there's no leadership from him on the park, apart from shouting "come on" to the guys. That's not problem-solving leadership. I can shout "come on from the stands, but it doesn't make me the manager.

Swailes. Does he actually do anything in the dugout? Stands with his arms folded and there's no direction or instructions forthcoming. Seems like a f**king waste of space to me. Eventually Beuzy felt embarrassed and started waving his arms about.

McGovern. Thank god we have a good keeper, otherwise we would have had another roasting today.

Ask yourself a question. We know that Alex and 22 have left (MAC too), but these are the same guys that were performing to great effect a mere month or 2 ago. What's changed?
I'll tell you......no bloody leadership from the new so-called management team.

I had a real bad feeling when Canning and Co were chosen, and I'm still prepared to give them to the end of the season, but if it's not sorted by then, it's taxi for Canning and Co time!!

I hope the Accies board do from time to time visit these fan forums, just so they know how the supporters feel.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby geoffhayton » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:38 pm

I thought the energy and possession time in the first half was good, but it was hopeful ball after hopeful ball. No attacking skill. They'd just send it into the box and hope for the best.

Scotland may be the slowest striker I've ever seen. I was reminded of the Men in Blazers giving backhanded praise to Yaya Toure, "he's not so much a footballer as a gigantic siege cannon dragged into place."
geoffhayton
Pub League

Postby geoffhayton » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Also, that first goal was an own goal all the way.
geoffhayton
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives