Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .Vs. Killie - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .Vs. Killie - Match Thread

Postby Bluesy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Only #22 will be missing from what was a great performance at Dundee. Keen to see Docherty and Brophy.

The game at Christmas we should have won easily and I expect a win
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Bluesy wrote:Only #22 will be missing from what was a great performance at Dundee. Keen to see Docherty and Brophy.

The game at Christmas we should have won easily and I expect a win

"Only #22" :lol: is Imrie not suspended too or does that kick in for the Aberdeen game?
McGovern, Canning, Crawford, Gills and Gordon are this team's key men and if they do well, I'm positive we can get at least a point. Still though, Killie isn't an easy game. They've had great chances in both of the games against us and we'll be hard pushed for the points.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Imrie is suspended, as always in the league with a red, either two bookings or a straight red, it's the next game. I think any points we can scrape until game 33 is a good outcome. It may not be pretty but I think those days are gone for now. A draw pretty much ensures Killie won't finish above us before the split. Grind out results, get top 6, then blood some youngsters and hopefully splash out a wee bit in the summer.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Not sure when the new guys will be ready to play. Who knows Lynch and Nico might well be able replacements for Dougie and Tony. We might get a lift from 2 or 3 new faces around the place. I'm going for a win in this one. Good luck lads.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:19 pm

I think Ali is possibly the best current fit to replace Tony, with Redmond and probably Longridge out wide with 2 from Gills/Dazza/Routledge. Probably Scotland up front with Brophy to come off the bench after 60 mins.

With Ziggy back we have a stronger look to our defence and McGovern and Canning are also experienced players on form. So I would be optimistic (ish) but finding goals (Jason has only scored in one game - 2 superb goals against Thistle) is the issue.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:29 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I think Ali is possibly the best current fit to replace Tony, with Redmond and probably Longridge out wide with 2 from Gills/Dazza/Routledge. Probably Scotland up front with Brophy to come off the bench after 60 mins.

With Ziggy back we have a stronger look to our defence and McGovern and Canning are also experienced players on form. So I would be optimistic (ish) but finding goals (Jason has only scored in one game - 2 superb goals against Thistle) is the issue.

Jason scored one at Partick and the fourth against Ross County.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:I think Ali is possibly the best current fit to replace Tony, with Redmond and probably Longridge out wide with 2 from Gills/Dazza/Routledge. Probably Scotland up front with Brophy to come off the bench after 60 mins.

I stand corrected - I had absolutely convinced myself he scored 2 on that sunny day at Partick :shock:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:21 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Whiskeytown wrote:

I stand corrected - I had absolutely convinced myself he scored 2 on that sunny day at Partick :shock:

God got the equaliser that day. His first appearance in the Premiership. I miss him so much.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Going to be interesting. Their manager Alan Johnstone has just announced he is leaving the club in the summer. A contributory factor was the sale of Muirhead to Dundee United without his knowledge. Cant see a better time to beat them and get 3 points assuming the club don’t wait to the summer and pay him off.
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:16 am

Sumsky plays in the "no 10" role, Alfie. If your suggesting playing 2 attacking midfielders (good shout imo) then I reckon it should be Redmond and Crawford. Redmond's wasted out wide and Crawford's our most influential player atm and has to be deployed in that role.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:56 am

"Allan Johnston has been relieved of his duties as Kilmarnock manager with immediate effect"
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Tony's absence will allow Crawford to move inside, where he tends to drift anyway. Redmond to come into the wider position would work. I'd start Brophy with jason on the bench.
After initial concerns I think we'll be ok and hopefully get canzos first win.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:16 pm

I'd start Brophy with jason on the bench.

Jason showed against Dundee all his skills and strength. if he didn’t score I’m not surprised given his limited game time so if that improves I think he will get sharper and score a few. I don’t want to see Brophy warming a bench and coming on for 15/20 minutes I want to see him playing alongside jason from the off. How that affects the way we play I’m not sure I’ll leave that to the experienced coaching staff :) While too many changes can be as bad as too few with Imrie out I would like to see Lynch given a game I like what i saw of him in the under 20’s last week.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:53 pm

I see Sumsky is in contention for the squad so good he is fit enough to compete already. Heard he was being looked at by other clubs and he looked decent.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 am

I fancy accies to give killie a right good doing, the only thing gary locke can manage is a big shite while sitting on the pan !
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 am

Feeling somewhat more confident about this game now. :D

I was on a downer earlier this week, with Tony leaving and us apparently getting nobody in.
However with Killie going through their own crisis and having less striking options that us, feel we'll sneak a cheeky wee 1-0 on this and get the Canning bandwagon on wheels.

We need a period of consolidation now in the club, with all that's happened since 9th January, so let's hope everyone buckles down and start producing the results the team merits.

Let's secure that top 6 position!!!
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:20 pm

When we win on Saturday it will be interesting to see how this thread develops.

We will never no ;)

I'm predicting a 4-0 win, Brophy hat trick and Sumsky wonder strike.

It would have to have been the quickest hat trick ever as he only came on for the last 5 minutes :roll:

We dominated the first half but the longer the game went on the more it had a draw written all over it. Will be interested to see the highlights as it certainly looked as though Redmond should have had a penalty but that was the only way we were going to score. Scotland continued to show his strength but too few opportunities today for him. Ally seemed to mis hit as many as he got right Apart from a 10/15 minute spell in the second half Kilmarnock were there for the taking. :(
Alfie Olek

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 pm

My hands are sore from clapping.Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see an Accies side gain two great points at home against Kilmarnock.Some real strength in depth as well...Happy days.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby DC United » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Two bad lots. Very little quality and I correctly predicted 0-0 at half time. Thought we should have had a pen when Redmond was taken out which should have resulted in a red card and would have changed the game but the ref (the crap as usual Alan Muir) failed to see it.

Thought Ziggy was our motm. Scotland put in a shift without any real service and McGovern was hardly tested. We need more from Crawford, whilst I still fail to see how Longridge gets picked when he'd be lucky to get a game on a Saturday morning down Strathclyde park...
DC United
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives