Premiership

Re: Accies .Vs. Killie - Match Thread

Postby Accies999 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Rotten, Rubbish, Rank, Ridiculous
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:09 pm

I thought it was all a bit flat today. For all that we dominated possession, especially in the first half, we lacked a cutting edge and never really looked like scoring. Killie contributed little to the game, but if they had converted any one of several threatening attacks in the second half, they'd have gone away with all three points.

Which is not to say it represented a failing of the new management team. We've failed to score against Killie in three games now, so no change there. However, without Andreu, our goalscoring threat is definitely diminished.

What was going on with McKinnon refusing to be substituted?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:03 pm

All in all a draw probably a fair result.
We should have won however, if we had had our shooting boots on.

Foul on Redmond, for the penalty that never was, was the most blatant penalty I've seen in a while.
Defo penalty and red card.
Couldn't believe ref and linesman bottled it.

Killie's passing was sharp and direct, in contrast to ours.
We ran out of ideas too many times, when approaching their penalty box.
We huffed and puffed all game.

As we suspected, we're currently lacking ideas going forward and hopefully now with Hasselbaink signed and Imrie returning soon, we'll have more attacking options.

Felt sorry for Scotland today, never got any real service all day. Any passes that came his way was not to his feet and was easily dealt with by the Killie defence.

Best for me today was back 4, keeper, Routledge and Redmond.

Mackinnon was his usual useless and what was the idea playing a defender/defensive midfielder (Gillespie) in the #22 role first half?
Brophy brought on too late to make an impact.

6 games under Canning and 2 pts collected. Simply not good enough.

Does anyone else think the same as me, that the directions from Canning onfield and Swailes on the bench are still not good enough.
They're not as proactive as they should be!
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:07 pm

1 goal from open play in the 6 games under Canning (none in the last 5) is very worrying.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:33 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:My hands are sore from clapping.Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see an Accies side gain two great points at home against Kilmarnock.Some real strength in depth as well...Happy days.

is it not time you started acting your age yeolde your 55 not 5 !!!!!!
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 pm

I thought we were the better team today by a distance.we kept the ball far better than them all over the park.in my opinion we still seem to overplay on the edge of the opponents box,but that has been true for the last few seasons.we badly need options upfront,but I think the negativity on here is a bit strong.and the decision not to award us a penalty was as bad a decision I've seen in 25 years of watching the accies.were still sitting in 5th place,things surely aren't that bad,are they!c'mon the real hoops!!!!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:51 am

Decent point today,could and should have been three.

Impressed by the way our team sticks together and fights for every point we get

I despair at the lack of football knowledge and appreciation of the dynamics and attributes that are needed to make a team by some people on this board.

Your ignorance of what makes a successful team is astounding.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:54 am

Gillespie is good versatile player. Mobile quick and clever. Didn't work today so put it down to experience
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:26 am

WILF wrote:Decent point today,could and should have been three.

I agree. Have definitely seen improvement in the last 2 games. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a result next Sunday.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 am

A strange game with negatives and positives:

Negatives: Gillespie is never a attacking midfielder, Scotland being up front for 80 mins shows how desperate we are up front - good in the box with the ball at his feet (apart from missing sitters) but absolutely useless at anything involving movement, Longridge off the bench is becoming more and more an act of hope than substance, loads of people much too happy to give responsibility to someone else to shoot. We haven't yet scored against a rank Killie team.

Positives: we dominated play and should have won, we made some great chances, our defence looked decent, the ref robbed us of a penalty and red card, Redmond managed 90 mins and was decent, taking the amount of goals out the team means it was always going to take a time to settle.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:23 pm

I despair at the lack of football knowledge and appreciation of the dynamics and attributes that are needed to make a team by some people on this board.

Is it not goals and therefore winning games that make a team successful ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:42 pm

glasgow accie wrote:

You'd think so wouldn't you? According to WILF it's the opposite and he seems to have a far superior knowledge of football than us so we should listen to him.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Off topic.......but why has that picture appeared next to my post ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:07 pm

accies1874 wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:

You'd think so wouldn't you? According to WILF it's the opposite and he seems to have a far superior knowledge of football than us so we should listen to him.

Good idea, let's start by making some posters realise that things are in really good shape at Accies and the negativity coming from some people isn't reflective of where we are as a club.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Your ignorance of what makes a successful team is astounding

Wilf, may I put a few points to you.

1....What makes you such a footballing expert. What are your footballing credentials?
2....Please do enlighten us with your knowledge. What specific dynamics and attributes are you referring to?
3....It's not the posters knowledge, or lack of it, that contributes to the team's success. It's the Accies management team that does that.

P.S Your point about Gillespie is pish. Wets his pants anytime he gets near the opposition goals. In fact, not counting the OG against ICT, when was the last time Gills hit the net in a competitive game?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Accies4ever wrote:

Your ignorance of what makes a successful team is astounding

...P.S Your point about Gillespie is pish. Wets his pants anytime he gets near the opposition goals. In fact, not counting the OG against ICT, when was the last time Gills hit the net in a competitive game?

OG vs Morton last season? Not sure if it went down as an OG though. Scored a consolation vs Dunfermline in one of Reid's last games which I'm sure was the last time.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:33 pm

I don't think his point about Gillespie is pish. He is a good versatile player but his best position is clearly centre mid. He has been a very good player for us this season but, like just about everybody, he has had his bad games too. I don't know what some expect, it's almost as if they expected us to keep winning 4 out of 5 and push for Europe. Even under Neil I'm sure we would have had a slump at some point. We're still pushing well above our weight.

Gillespie's last goal was a close range volley in the 4-1 win over Dumbarton early last season.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:16 pm

My point about Gillespie is not questioning his versatility (which is code for him not having a settled position), but rather is he the best player we have to play in a forward position?
Answer being No, he is not.

All players can score occasionally, even keepers can score a fluke goal now and then, but you certainly wouldn't classify them as "forward" players. Gillespie's best role is either a full back or a defensive midfielder.
It's not an attacking midfielder.
So why the hell play him there?

My point about WILF is that he's having a go (not sure at who) about poster's ignorance of what's involved in football organisation.
All I'm asking is what makes him so wise on that subject.
We all have opinions, but using the word ignorance is pretty damn strong language.

By the way WILF, I'm not (despite what it may sound like) having a go at you. All I'm saying is you know the phase "People in glass houses, etc".
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm not having a go at anyone in particular and was under the influence when I made my post so apologies for the arrogant nature of it. The thing that annoyed, (perhaps disproportionately after a few beers!) me is that people are so quick to get on the clubs / teams backs and have a go. Things on a Saturday don't just happen, they will be planned during the week and sometimes they come off and sometimes they don't. I see a young Accies team giving everything for the cause.

On the Gillespie point......there is an intersting parallel being played out at Norwich where our former manager is getting flak for playing Steven Whittaker in a central midfield role.....apparently that didn't work well either, but how do you know unless you try.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives