Old match day threads will be moved here

Dundee .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:14 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dundee .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Hopefully no pitch issues and the game is on. I assume the undersoil heating is on. Not sure where we go after Inverness. If Curier isn’t going to play again then Brophy could get a start but we will need to change the shape to accommodate him. On the other hand Jason is back so we could throw him on for the first half and see how his legs are at half time. If Ziggy is back then defence picks itself and Gillespie moves in front of them.
We might see lynch on the subs bench he has after all and a full Irish season and a few weeks to recuperate. At least the new management team have had a full week to work with the squad.
Alfie Olek

Postby WILF » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Baltic in Perth and snow on the ground, but forecast looks ok for weekend.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 pm

No snow lying in Dundee last night when I was up there, infact the East Coast as a whole has got off pretty lightly.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:No snow lying in Dundee last night when I was up there, infact the East Coast as a whole has got off pretty lightly.

I hope you disinfected thoroughly after being in the toilet that is Dundee?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Strange team selection - lets hope it works.

Surprised to see Ziggy back so quickly :D but leaves us with 2 defensive midfielders in Routledge and Gills; also surprised for Scotland to be fit enough to start - but MAC being reportedly 'unwell' is not exactly a surprise.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:54 pm

0-0 so far, and we seem to have the majority of the possession and goal attempts. WIsh I knew more, but apparently open all mics isn't on, ugh.

If it holds, be glad for the point and not losing points to Dundee. But we really need to start scoring goals again.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Pretty even first half
We're probably the better team
Ref not giving us anything
Scotland playing well as is canning and tena

It's bitterly cold
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:35 pm

Imrie off, again. Looks like we have replaced Alex :oops:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:03 pm

Thought we had got all 3 points. By all accounts better display and a goal and a point is a step forward.

Still need Loy and a midfielder.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:07 pm

Ach, a win would have pretty much clinched a top six finish but a point playing all that time with 10 men is a great result. Dundee's last five matches are very tough. A win next week against Killie and we can rest easy. But no reason why we can't look up the way and get another run going!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Not at the game today, but would have taken a point at Dens given the way we have been playing , and they way THEY have been playing, particularly where we played with 10 men for half the 2nd half. It will restore confidence in the team knowing that we can still score first even with 10, and even with Imrie missing next week, we have enough depth to see Kilmarnock off at home. And all the other results did us no harm either.

Well done to all that made the trip. Dens is depressing even when the sun is shining.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm

We had the beating of Dundee IMO. Once Dougie went off they naturally came back into it with the extra man advantage. Surprisingly we managed to get the lead but couldn't hold out for the 3 points. Shame with Inverness slipping up and it would have put us out of sight, 10 points clear of Dundee. Team looked more settled with players in their favoured positions. Still need to strengthen before window shuts......Loy and Alston please :D
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Enjoyed the game, both teams had a real go. Seems we always get a man sent off at Dens! Could have won as created some really good chances. Goal came, again, from left back after Hendrie got skinned and sat on his backside by Stewart. Good point though lads well done.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:54 pm

That was a much better team performance from an Accies side on a bad run against a Dundee side on a good one. I thought first half we created more chances and Jason had at least 3? chances. I think with a bit more game time under his belt he would have put at least one away. Second half it was 50/50 until Dougie saw red. I was too far away but the linesman had his flag up instantly and the ref had his red out of the pocket at once. According to Sportsound he stamped on a Dundee player. As he left the field he slapped his head like Homer so I don’t think we can expect an appeal. But despite 10 men for over 30 minutes we showed spirit and scored that goal from a corner with Canning ghosting in unmarked to score. Their goal was a great strike so no complaints. A good point, it stops the rot and I thought the team looked exactly that a team. Good to see Swailes giving it lalldy from the touchline. 3 points next week and we are safe.Oh and the brazilian italian was in the stand complaining about the cold apparently :)
Alfie Olek

Postby accie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:47 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:.Oh and the brazilian italian was in the stand complaining about the cold apparently :)

To be fair I think we were all complaining about the cold, it was Baltic.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:56 pm

To be fair,
I was sitting beside the brazilian / italian and the rest of the players not playing. didn't hear him complain at the cold at all. A few of the others did though. He seemed mor bemused at the Section A brigade and their homophobic chanting!!!!
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 pm

The cold is the last thing you complain about when in the main stand @Dens

I can't see because of that ------ pole
May knees are bleeding
Why did they build this with a 90 degree bend in the middle
Why does PH not wash his hair
Does the ref support DD
This mince pie taste of ass
Why did they not accept my £5 note?
One gate!
Why did AN find this hard as a Ph Dundee team can't beat a Canzo team!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm

To be fair,
I was sitting beside the brazilian / italian and the rest of the players not playing. didn't hear him complain at the cold at all. A few of the others did though. He seemed mor bemused at the Section A brigade and their homophobic chanting!!!!

It was as he was walking past me to take his seat honest. I did hear Crawford being told to act like a man :oops: I thought we had got past slagging him?
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15 pm

AC has been our best player this year with MG,Zig,GG and #22. AC signed an extension as he respects Accies.
H9crx
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives