Dundee .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Dundee .Vs. Accies - Match Thread

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:27 pm

One can only wonder at the comments MAC would have received if he had Scotland's fresh air shot and blast over the bar ? The rest of the Alba coverage not that kind to Jason?

2 decent penalty shouts for us early in the second half.

In the lead up to the equaliser a tackle from behind on #22 just outside their box ignored by the ref ? Not long after Brophy comes on he is pulled back by a guy on a yellow - no foul?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 am

Just watched the highlights, and wow, we seemed to be controlling things before Imrie got himself sent off. Our play looked like the old Accies from the heady days under Alex Neil, it was refreshing after the last 4 games.

On another day we would have been 3-0 up before the sending off. Still though, to draw 1-1 when one man down for 30 minutes is a great result.

Scotland didn't look the sharpest, but it was his first match back, so we will see.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:28 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:One can only wonder at the comments MAC would have received if he had Scotland's fresh air shot and blast over the bar ? The rest of the Alba coverage not that kind to Jason?

2 decent penalty shouts for us early in the second half.

In the lead up to the equaliser a tackle from behind on #22 just outside their box ignored by the ref ? Not long after Brophy comes on he is pulled back by a guy on a yellow - no foul?

Re Jason, I wasn't at the game but Dungdee fans on Pish and Bollocks were really complimentary about him, saying he bossed their their centre backs all game.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby WILF » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Scotland was excellent yesterday, hold up play and inter passing with Crawford and Andreu in particular was impressive. He helps the team play and it's intersting to watch his runs and more relevant the way the team look for him, he is always an out ball that can be played with confidence that it's not coming straight back. Also, Dundee yesterday had an interesting approach to corners where all of there players lined up 25 yards and then took mad runs into the box to meet the corner. Scotland was our front post man and he did brilliantly defending corners winning headers and matching runners. This was evident even in the last few minutes when he had to get back to position from the other end of the park despite being clearly knackered! He also didn't get subbed initially as we were defending a free kick. There's something about Jason, he's more than just a striker in this team I'm sure, he adds confidence.

Also, great to have Ziggy back in the team. If the attack leading to the Dundee goal had happened on his side of the back four I'm sure we would've coming away with 3 points.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:37 pm

That was much better yesterday. 22 and AC were brilliant. Freezing cold and amazed when the sun came UP for 15 minutes in the second half before going down again (hadn't realised we were that far north). Went home happy
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Unlucky for Accies yesterday. Was hoping Canning would get his first win.

Hopefully we're now over the hangover period that undoubtedly came after Alex's departure.
I'm sure Canning's first win will happen soon.

We've got 8 games left until the split and I would say that another 5-6 pts should get us a top 6 place.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:19 pm

A couple of understandable digs at Hendrie for the goal but from the highlights I see that Stewart also left Ziggy on his backside shortly after the sending off. He's a very special talent that boy.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives