Hearts @ Home 16 March

Old match day threads will be moved here

Hearts @ Home 16 March

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Surprised no-one has commented about Hearts now having a mid-week cup replay v Thistle on the Tuesday before the game with us at NDP four days later.

Good for us. Bad for them? Discuss?

Ipeazu looks to be a real problem for defenders, so we will need to be well prepared for dealing with him.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Hearts @ Home 16 March

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Anything that impacts negatively on the opposition however small is allways a bonus. It looks as though Naismith is out for the rest of the season and some of their recent results indicate Hearts are not firing on all cylinders. But it all comes down to our own performances. Its at home and there is no reason why we cant take something from this game.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Exactly my own thoughts, TT.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:05 pm

I'd settle for victory by a last minute dodgy penalty just to see Levein's face and hear the whinge from Mr. Preston. Without a doubt a couple of arses.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Think there may be a minutes silence for Accies fan Tam Gillespie?

I was at his Funeral earlier,the Well supporting Minister has some good stories of Tam's time supporting Accies.One of life's good guys taken too soon at 51.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:23 pm

If we can have a minutes silence for a Sevco fan called ‘Mason’ rather than one of our own just shy of his century, surely we can have one for Tam Gillespie...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:14 am

If you are a cannabinoid loving Junkie with a nous for Blameless Men Shed's you can have a minute's silence at NDP regardless of who you support.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:39 pm

aldoaccie wrote:If we can have a minutes silence for a Sevco fan called ‘Mason’ rather than one of our own just shy of his century, surely we can have one for Tam Gillespie...

According to the BT Sport guy, it was a minute's silence for a ten year old Accies fan but this was never mentioned at the game.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
aldoaccie wrote:If we can have a minutes silence for a Sevco fan called ‘Mason’ rather than one of our own just shy of his century, surely we can have one for Tam Gillespie...

According to the BT Sport guy, it was a minute's silence for a ten year old Accies fan but this was never mentioned at the game.

Definitely said on the pa system that he was a sevco fan. There were some puzzled faces and moans of bewilderment around me when it was announced.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:12 am

Yesterday's result makes this game even more vital that do everything to win it.

I'm liking BR's enthusiasm and candid comments however we must cut out this "not being at the races" in the first half. It's like a throwback from MC's reign.

I'm coming up from Darlington for the Hearts game so let's get fired up and stuck in right from the start and get the result.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Stodmeister wrote:Yesterday's result makes this game even more vital that do everything to win it.

I'm liking BR's enthusiasm and candid comments however we must cut out this "not being at the races" in the first half. It's like a throwback from MC's reign.

I'm coming up from Darlington for the Hearts game so let's get fired up and stuck in right from the start and get the result.

Well, ten days of training and working on set pieces, after a confidence boosting result at Pittrodrie, and we never looked like a challenger at Fir Park.

More time on basic defending, plus a stronger midfield and we might get some balls up to the forwards. Fingers crossed.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Do we think its best to play the following team against Hearts?;

Woods
Gordon Kilgannon Tshiemble
McGovern Martin Andreu Sowah
Keatings McMillan
Oakley
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:53 pm

Rice needs to devote more time on the here and now at NDP than travelling more miles than a City Link bus watching other games.
It's all well and good running the rule over forthcoming opponents or transfer targets.
But think it's a bit of an obsession the amount of games he takes in and surely his wife can't be that ugly.
More time needed prepping a game plan required methinks.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:54 am

The Goalie wrote:Do we think its best to play the following team against Hearts?;

Woods
Keatings McMillan
Oakley

I’d play Davies Miller and MacKinnon in place of McMillan Andreu and Sowah
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:05 am

Swift Frank wrote:Rice needs to devote more time on the here and now at NDP than travelling more miles than a City Link bus watching other games.
It's all well and good running the rule over forthcoming opponents or transfer targets.
But think it's a bit of an obsession the amount of games he takes in and surely his wife can't be that ugly.

He attends games in the evening when training etc is finished and says he does his thinking in the car. I can’t see how that’s a bad thing.
Terrible performance on Saturday but we’ve had loads of similar performances from the same group of players under MC.
The’re better organised under BR but still lacking something, overall as a team.
If he’s out looking for new signings every night and we improve the squad for next season then that’s great.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 am

The Goalie wrote:Do we think its best to play the following team against Hearts?;

Woods
Keatings McMillan
Oakley

This is a game crying out for Davies if he's fit . someone needs to bully Souttar and Berra. That team is a bit lightweight in the midfield and will get run all over ,Daz should play , unless he is carrying an injury. We also need someone to match up with the physicality of Ikpeazu
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby adriansprott » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:56 am

Euan wrote:
Swift Frank wrote:Rice needs to devote more time on the here and now at NDP than travelling more miles than a City Link bus watching other games.

He attends games in the evening when training etc is finished and says he does his thinking in the car. I can’t see how that’s a bad thing.
Terrible performance on Saturday but we’ve had loads of similar performances from the same group of players under MC.
The’re better organised under BR but still lacking something, overall as a team.
If he’s out looking for new signings every night and we improve the squad for next season then that’s great.

As mentioned in an earlier post , he should be concentrating on the here and now , what I witnessed on Saturday was relegation form and he's therefore scouting for players who can do a job in the Championship . That performance on Saturday was a disgrace , not one player got pass marks , Andreu looks off the pace and Tshambles doesn't even look like a sportsman of any description ( completely disinterested , summed up by him passing the ball out of play at his own touchline in the 2nd half instead of clearing upfield ). BR also got setup wrong and ( just like the Rangers game ) should have had the balls to change it 20 mins in as follows - Tshambles off , McGowan on at right back , Ziggy at centre , Andreu pulled back deeper - but seemed content to let it play out , not good enough .
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Season Ticket Holders can bring a friend to this game.

To redeem bring your season book to the turnstiles who will redeem the stub at the back of your book.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Is there a finger buffet and canapes too?
How about a complimentary glass of Pimms to the 500odd poor souls who paid in to watch that pish on Saturday?
It's the least the Club could do to make amends.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:39 pm

I think we need collectively to take a breath and chill. Brian Rice has had 6 games and has won 2, drawn 1 and lost 3 - Rangers at home and Hibs and Motherwell away. He has gained us 7 points out of a total of 18 possible, with Martin Canning gaining 14 points out of a possible 69. The games we have lost have been really poor, but the games we have won have been pretty good - how many of us expected to beat St Johnstone and Aberdeen?

The manner of the defeat on Saturday was hard to watch and was the total opposite to the Pittodrie performance, particularly gutting as it was at Fir Park, however I think we have to take the rough with the smooth as he learns the ropes and sees what works and what doesn't. It was a bit difficult to understand why he changed the team after Aberdeen and then difficult to understand why he didn't change it more dramatically on Saturday as Motherwell tore us a new one in the first half, however it is his sixth game and he's had the job for under 40 days. The players also have to take some responsibility for the Motherwell game because individually and collectively they were all poor and that, allied to the managers questionable decisions, allowed an in-form Motherwell team pretty much do what they wanted.

I think BR will come right and Saturday might be a watershed after which he becomes a bit more pragmatic, but I would much rather have him than Martin Canning who bored us to death while still getting beat. I am not saying BR is or should be immune to criticism, but he isn't going to become Pep Guardiola overnight and our squad could be better, something which he obviously is looking at with his visits to so many games - scouting players or watching opponents must be beneficial now and in the longer term. I cannot understand why he is getting criticised for that, its not as if he's neglecting training or letting the club go to rack and ruin while going to games around the country.

I hope we don't get relegated and have faith that we won't, so while its fine to moan and groan, I for one am happy with BR overall and have enjoyed the way he has started in his post. It could always be better, but that's life at the bottom of the league.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives