Accies v Aberdeen

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v Aberdeen

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Can't argue with much of the point above except it's not a company and consumers- its following your football team (in my view that is very different- I wouldn't want to be anywhere else on Saturday). I'm also not unhappy that Bingham is out the picture- he's not the answer.
I have no faith left in Canning but I do think the board deserve time to get past the transfer window and see where we are. The new Chairman is just in the door and has got us Andreu back. He's a proper football man and will see what we see. Hopefully corrective action won't be too late.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Bluesy wrote:Can't argue with much of the point above except it's not a company and consumers- its following your football team (in my view that is very different- I wouldn't want to be anywhere else on Saturday). I'm also not unhappy that Bingham is out the picture- he's not the answer.
I have no faith left in Canning but I do think the board deserve time to get past the transfer window and see where we are. The new Chairman is just in the door and has got us Andreu back. He's a proper football man and will see what we see. Hopefully corrective action won't be too late.

From the fans perspective, Football is a form of entertainment, paid entertainment. Unless you're working for the club, you are paying money on a weekly basis to support the running and functioning of a product. If you are paying a subscription to Netflix for exmaple and they continually create content that is REALLY unpopular with 90% of its subscriber base but refuse to change, you would stop paying. This shows with the empty seats. Even the blameless charity seats are empty.
Bingham is not the answer, I don't fully blame him though. Canning hasn't developed him at all. I thought he had bags of potential when he first signed, he's went backwards however. I do feel that last night, Bingham would've had more of a go at the centre backs over Boyd/Keatings.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Sack the BOD is the new 'Canning Out'
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Anyone care to guesstimate the true number of home supporters from last night
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:58 pm

OK, it was implied in a statement which was give to BT Sport by MC, and not directly from AM. However, it's likely that RM is still pulling all the strings behind the scenes, and that AM may have no real power to hire and fire, and where there is an expanded BOD now.

That's the best I can give you, TT.

Ta. Missed that interview. Ive been surprised that Canning has been left to defend himself but I think thats a deliberate tactic by the board.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Ffs Bluesy, the time for corrective action was immediately after the well game. Canning should have been sacked and a new manger allowed the winter break to sort the players out and bring in a few. The problem is canning a few more signings aint going to make a difference under his managership. Nor is Maitland the answer he isnt going to overrule Ronnie and Les :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:

Ffs Bluesy, the time for corrective action was immediately after the well game. Canning should have been sacked and a new manger allowed the winter break to sort the players out and bring in a few. The problem is canning a few more signings aint going to make a difference under his managership. Nor is Maitland the answer he isnt going to overrule Ronnie and Les :roll:

Look, if it was up to me I would have replaced him at the end of last season. My point is that the new chairman is just in the door (I don't know enough about the inner workings of the club to know who would overrule who).
I wouldn't expect any new chairman to make a snap decision especially during a winter break and transfer window. I see no hope personally that Canning will suddenly turn it round and would like a management change / shuffle ASAP.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Bluesy - With respect Maitland has been a director of the football club since 2012. All that’s changed is he has the title chairman. He knows exactly what’s what and if he was going to act it would have been after the Well game having had the last 4 years to come to a decision.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 pm

smc4761 wrote:Anyone care to guesstimate the true number of home supporters from last night

Zero.

The BOD dont treat us as supporters.

They treat us like mugs.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm

Well said that man.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Yummy Fur » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:10 pm

judgeflash wrote:Bingham is not the answer, I don't fully blame him though. Canning hasn't developed him at all. I thought he had bags of potential when he first signed, he's went backwards however. I do feel that last night, Bingham would've had more of a go at the centre backs over Boyd/Keatings.

Bingham wasn't on the bench last night and my gut feeling is that we've seen the last of him in an Accies shirt. Fully agree that Bingham had / has potential but has went backwards and although Canning deservedly will get some flak for that it does seem bizarre that there is a growing call for our striker's coach to be the manager when all our strikers are failing to develop in anyway.

Another poor show last night with very few positives outside McMann. Killgallon unusually shaky and Ziggy at fault for goals 2 and 3 showing that as much as he tries he is a full back and not a centre half. Time for Gordon to go to left back and McMann to play in front of him. Pick a centre half and have the courage of your conviction to stick with it even if there is an odd mistake - I'd give Penny a run at playing next to Kilgallon in a back 4.

Despite the poor defence the real issue is in midfield. Gogic was best of a bad bunch and as he's getting back to fitness I'd stick with him but aside from that the options are limited while MacKinnon is injured. Taiwo offers nothing and while Martin is better and has potential I'm less than convinced that he's the answer.

Finally, another 90 minutes for Imrie - speechless!
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:22 pm

Imrie centre midfield is a (not funny) joke actually.
Agree that Ziggy needs to go to left back and play McMann in front of him. I really like Gogic at centre back and would like to see him beside Kilgallon. Where is Daz? 4-2-3-1 for me
Marsden
Mcgowan, killa, Gogic, Ziggy
Daz, martin
Miller (keatings if he's out) Andreu, McMann
Davies
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm

I like Gogic at centre back too but rumour has it that Canning has him earmarked for a left wing role.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:01 am

Yummy Fur wrote:Time for Gordon to go to left back and McMann to play in front of him. Pick a centre half and have the courage of your conviction to stick with it even if there is an odd mistake - I'd give Penny a run at playing next to Kilgallon in a back 4.

Most sensible post of 2019.

Play players in their own position and allow the team to develop, whether it’s Gogic, Want, Tsiemble or Penny alongside Kilgallon make a choice and stick with it. None are perfect but they actually are centre halfs.
Similarly the midfield!

It’s like the last days of BR with no consistency of selection (or form) and players out of position playing as if they’re not sure what to do, unsurprisingly.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 am

Euan wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:Time for Gordon to go to left back and McMann to play in front of him. Pick a centre half and have the courage of your conviction to stick with it even if there is an odd mistake - I'd give Penny a run at playing next to Kilgallon in a back 4.

Most sensible post of 2019.

Play players in their own position and allow the team to develop, whether it’s Gogic, Want, Tsiemble or Penny alongside Kilgallon make a choice and stick with it. None are perfect but they actually are centre halfs.
Similarly the midfield!

It’s like the last days of BR with no consistency of selection (or form) and players out of position playing as if they’re not sure what to do, unsurprisingly.

Ziggy LB and Mcmann in front of him was my call last week. Mcmann proved me correct by doing Dougie's job for him on wednesday.
Watched back the highlights and fuck me it's rotten. Dougie's slow reactions helped Aberdeen on two goals from crosses. I think Shaun would benefit greatly from working with Killa. I don't know if Killa will be here next season though.

Poor Bingham. Boyd and Keatings don't have 10 goals between them in them. Mikel is our top scorer with 4.....from midfield. Embarrassing that with 21 games played, not a single striker could reach 3 goals. EMBARRASSING.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:38 am

Tshiembe had a complete horror show away to Dundee, but one of our most solid performances came with him and kilgallon as CBs in a back four away to killie.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:20 am

Tshiembe was excellent v Celtic away last time.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:07 am

Dolphin Tshambles is cat piss.
Like all Canning signings.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:55 am

No he certainly was v Dundee and St Johnstone (I've got a cat and the piss is bad -but not as bad as he was in these games). The bizarre thing is that Kilmarnock and Celtic away he really looked the part - in my opinion.
Too risky to play at the moment though, Gogic and Kilgallon for me.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:56 am

I see Neil Cameron has a more realistic article in the Herald this morning.
Bluesy
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives