Re: Accies . Vs. ICT - Match Thread

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Another defeat .......... :(
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:04 pm

It will go the same way as the opening game of the season.

The big boys will out muscle the wee boys................Unless we quickly forget about the last 2 weeks and grow a pair
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 am

Hopefully we have players back fit after Devlin, Jesus and Routledge had to go off or were under par fitness wise. We still need to bring players in - we have lost 2 experienced players and our most experienced player on the park also now has to worry about being the manager

Some comments; Ali needs to get back in the middle. Routlegde has looked out of sorts coming back from injury. MAC is our most effective striker. Redmond could come back in but fitness remains his issue. Might be worth moving Gills into midfield if we have cover at right back?

Unless we jump back to our best ICT could beat us easily no matter the positivity from yesterday.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 am

A we shake up of the team and formation get the players fighting for a start in the new system and people fighting to impress the new coaches.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

The team pretty much picks itself as we don't have a strong enough squad so once again we have players who aren't performing, guaranteed a game. Hopefully yesterday's announcements re new appointments plus the news that we are trying to sign new players will give the team a boost and push us on to a much needed victory. 2-1 Accies
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:09 pm

No striker in the team ? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:11 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:No striker in the team ? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.

My thoughts exactly!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Get the fucken check book out and make a respectable offer for Loy and others! We need at least 4 players as this team has lost its mojo and will not get it back!

How the fuck can LL be the super sub for weeks and then DR gets the nod as striker for nowhere!

Rip top six
H9crx
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:23 pm

As easy a win as any side will ever get at NDP , what a lovely day out for the Inverness fans , cheap entry and get to watch what mounted to little more than a training session against a team lacking any fight or heart .

How can you ask people to come along and see if they would be interested in coming back then start with no striker and no will to win the game , only try to survive for 90 mins and nick a drawn , heard shouts off "can i get my 10p back" and "i wont be back to watch that rubbish" who can blame them .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:33 pm

No striker = no threat and on another day we would have another doin today.

Clearly we need players in. We need an experienced central midfielder as an absolute must, Routledge and Dazza are having repeated shockers and waiting until 2 down before playing Ali in the middle is as recurring as Longridge coming on to no effect is. Talking of recurring themes; Redmond had another decent(ish) 45 mins before losing interest and/or fitness.

Major tactical changes like no striker look a wee bit like panic; we need to go back to what works or worked.

3 times they have cuffed us this season so today is not just a new manager thing.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:55 pm

I am actually angrier and more despondent tonight than i was on Wednesday.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:56 pm

We are what we are now , a soft touch .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby RyanT » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Starting without a striker is just unacceptable. Hopefully Canning isn't going to ditch our attacking style of play for something so Levein-esque.

Very thankful that Neil left us with such a safety cushion points-wise...
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby silverfox » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Too many players with their minds elsewhere and now just going through the motions. Yet another comfortable win by ICT who wont get many easier victories.

Need to add more height, strength and commitment in the transfer window
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:57 pm

H9crx wrote:Get the fucken check book out and make a respectable offer for Loy and others! We need at least 4 players as this team has lost its mojo and will not get it back!

How the fuck can LL be the super sub for weeks and then DR gets the nod as striker for nowhere!

Rip top six

Agreed. 4 players minimum. Hate to say it but Dundee and St Johnstone are chipping away at our lead and It will be no surprise if they both overtake us and leave us in the bottom 6
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 pm

silverfox wrote:Too many players with their minds elsewhere and now just going through the motions. Yet another comfortable win by ICT who wont get many easier victories.

Need to add more height, strength and commitment in the transfer window

I've been saying exactly that since the season started. Soft touch for any team that wants to bully us.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:17 pm

If you've been saying that since the start of the season Accies999 you must have had some strange comments when were top of the league after 11 games. But you are right today certainly. We did have a striker today it's just that it was Imrie and while that was maybe worth a try, hopefully we won't see it again. Why not give Brophy a start? Mackinnon suspended next week and I'm glad of that. He gets an easy ride on here compared to Hendrie and Routledge, who I thought did all that was asked of him today but he's no Alex Neil. Hopefully Ziggy can come back and Gills goes back to where he's best in midfield. Keep Danny in, he did well but got a couple of knocks. I've been critical of MAC but he needs to play. And push the boat out and get Loy and A.N Other.

I take it the club did not expect such a crowd, with the programmes sold out by half 2 and apparently no pies well before half time?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:If you've been saying that since the start of the season Accies999 you must have had some strange comments when were top of the league after 11 games. But you are right today certainly. We did have a striker today it's just that it was Imrie and while that was maybe worth a try, hopefully we won't see it again. Why not give Brophy a start? Mackinnon suspended next week and I'm glad of that. He gets an easy ride on here compared to Hendrie and Routledge, who I thought did all that was asked of him today but he's no Alex Neil. Hopefully Ziggy can come back and Gills goes back to where he's best in midfield. Keep Danny in, he did well but got a couple of knocks. I've been critical of MAC but he needs to play. And push the boat out and get Loy and A.N Other.

I take it the club did not expect such a crowd, with the programmes sold out by half 2 and apparently no pies well before half time?

I've quoted on numerous occasions that we needed some height and strength in the team, even when top of the league. I've praised the team often for getting the ball on the ground and trying to play football, something that we do well. I also pointed out that big teams like Dundee, Thistle etc aren't fantastic footballing sides so they just use their height and strength and bully us. We need a plan B to play these teams and our squad isn't strong enough at the moment. I think everyone agrees that we do need to bring players in and have a physical presence.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Accies999 wrote:
Whiskeytown wrote:If you've been saying that since the start of the season Accies999 you must have had some strange comments when were top of the league after 11 games. But you are right today certainly. We did have a striker today it's just that it was Imrie and while that was maybe worth a try, hopefully we won't see it again. Why not give Brophy a start? Mackinnon suspended next week and I'm glad of that. He gets an easy ride on here compared to Hendrie and Routledge, who I thought did all that was asked of him today but he's no Alex Neil. Hopefully Ziggy can come back and Gills goes back to where he's best in midfield. Keep Danny in, he did well but got a couple of knocks. I've been critical of MAC but he needs to play. And push the boat out and get Loy and A.N Other.

I've quoted on numerous occasions that we needed some height and strength in the team, even when top of the league. I've praised the team often for getting the ball on the ground and trying to play football, something that we do well. I also pointed out that big teams like Dundee, Thistle etc aren't fantastic footballing sides so they just use their height and strength and bully us. We need a plan B to play these teams and our squad isn't strong enough at the moment. I think everyone agrees that we do need to bring players in and have a physical presence.

PS I agree also the need to get players like Ziggy back ASAP. Gillespie is an ok midfielder but not a very good defender if you analyse most of the games, not really his fault as he's been asked to play out of position. Darian has went off the boil and like others gets away with it because of the squad size. Imrie is never an out and out striker either. No matter how poor MAC s just now, you either need to play him or Brothy or when at home take a more offensive stance and play them both. I think it could be a decent partnership to be honest.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives