Old match day threads will be moved here

Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:40 am

Jambos 0, Accies 1. (James Keatings,89).
Crowd,16,209.(109 Hamilton).
Weather, Light, light drizzle.
Going,grass.
Accies to be pummeled from start to finish by an out of sorts Hearts side and Keatsy to score a late free kick from 20 yards.
Martin to comment in the post match media room that the boys were really at it today.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Catching hearts at a good time so hopefully another wee point and keep the board ticking over
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Just a pity there are no trains running to get to the game.
Gav
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm sure Martin will have the boys spring loaded and raring to go.
Just like the recent trip to Easter Road.
I have deviated from my reverse psychology prediction on this occasion and already starting to regret it.
Just like the fixed odds coupon when you take Mothersmell,whoever Sevco and Sellic are playing etc etc
FTW
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:45 pm

On this one, how to get Freddie Brustad motivated and interested? On Saturday, more than me thought he looked less than keen to get involved in every opportunity he had after coming on.

On that showing, it wouldn't surprise me if MC goes back to Bingham starting :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Hearts have lost 6 of their last 9 games and had sending offs in thier last 2 so not sure who will be available for them. Not that I matters cant see this as being anything than a straight 3 points for them. The whole games is on BBC Alba but not until 10 pm.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:16 pm

porcupine wrote:On this one, how to get Freddie Brustad motivated and interested? On Saturday, more than me thought he looked less than keen to get involved in every opportunity he had after coming on.

On that showing, it wouldn't surprise me if MC goes back to Bingham starting :roll:

Aagh No!!!
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Stodmeister wrote:
porcupine wrote:On this one, how to get Freddie Brustad motivated and interested? On Saturday, more than me thought he looked less than keen to get involved in every opportunity he had after coming on.

Aagh No!!!

Concur, Stodmeister, but can we expect MC to do anything else? Brustad did NOT look that interested on Saturday and it may be beauase he is rarely started. Rakish Bingham, on the other hand, has had plenty of game time in the last two seasons, and has overall been a real waste of a jersey on far too many occasions. Pace, yes, but what else?

We DO need a big centre forward with some skill, and have done for many a season. Despite their height, both Brustad and Bingham look lightweight in tackles with defenders. Or is it just me that needs a New Year visit to Specsavers??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:07 pm

porcupine wrote:
Stodmeister wrote:

Aagh No!!!

Concur, Stodmeister, but can we expect MC to do anything else? Brustad did NOT look that interested on Saturday and it may be beauase he is rarely started. Rakish Bingham, on the other hand, has had plenty of game time in the last two seasons, and has overall been a real waste of a jersey on far too many occasions. Pace, yes, but what else?

We DO need a big centre forward with some skill, and have done for many a season. Despite their height, both Brustad and Bingham look lightweight in tackles with defenders. Or is it just me that needs a New Year visit to Specsavers??

No wonder Brustad looks uninterested , behind the pecking order to Bingham , the guy has played Champions League football while Rakish has probably played in the Checkatrade trophy. He deserves a run in the team in my opinion.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Exactly.
Why go to all the hassle of bringing him from Molde and not playing him?
He's actually a class above the usual Euro Pish.
If this continues I wouldn't blame him if he got the loan deal cancelled and headed back home.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Ahh, Christmas. A Time of Peace towards all men!

We ALL agree on something at last, and that is that Freddie should be started in the next two games, way before Bingham, and to allow himself to show of what he is capable. Hearts are vulnerable, and the Well are poor, so why, Martin, not put your faith in Brustad? Also, both opposition management teams will have hardly seen Brustad play, as opposed to Bingham, whose limitations they know from a number of previous games.

Cometh the Man, Cometh the Hour, Martin. Carpe Diem!!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:20 pm

A good time to play Hearts, poor run and not scoring many goals.
With the correct team selection and a bit of luck I could see us get a point this afternoon.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Just about to leave and feeling strangely positive about this game.
Martin has to start .
Any news on McKinnon and Keatings?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Canning GTF.
Fkn shocking state of affairs.
Maitland grow a pair and sack this DUD.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:17 pm

106 Accies fans, not a bad guess from SF. That's thanks to Hearts' twitter, Accies' twitter strangely reluctant to divulge away crowds lately.

For all that we're dross, so are Well. Main suspended now too. We could sneak the inevitable shitfest. 1-0 Accies, five ricochets and in off someone's knob!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:41 pm

I wouldn't count on it.
Canning Out.
Thanks Steve Clarke but it was more of s calculation than a guess.lol.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby The Goalie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Apart from the Accies management team, can somebody please tell me the format of this Accies team?

Under Alex Neil, we were known to be a hard working team that would harass the opposition, in their faces, with a never say die attitude...however, I'm genuinely struggling to figure out Martin Canning team, apart from the usual diagonal punts, from defence.

Watched the match via Jam Tarts TV...once again, Accies team in a giving mood, namely, meekly conceding 3 precious points to opposition that are going through their own bad run.

Hopefully, the new Chairman, has had enough of Groundhog Day, and, breaks the cycle by terminating Martin and his back room staff contracts.
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Hear Here.
100% common sense post.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Once again a toothless performance from Accies and that is what is so frustrating. Canning also persists with Imrie and Taiwo, could someone please explain what these 2 offer the team

Every team that is on a shit run of form, Dundee. Hibs and now Hearts must think brilliant we have the Accies next gives us a chance to get 3 points. Motherwell are on a pretty shit run of form and thats the next game. Wonder how that might go

Sure managers have to be given time, make it their own team etc, but this clown has had almost 4 years and with a win percentage of less than 20% even a blind man can see its time for this muppet to go
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives