Accies v Kilmarnock Saturday

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Kilmarnock Saturday

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 am

Accies 0 Kilmarnock 6.
(Brophy 2' 15' 29' 47' 60' 89')
Weather_Cold
Going_Plastic
Attendance 1919.(19 with South Lanarkshire postcodes)
Post match Comments from Martin Guardiola_
"After the solid defensive display at Ibrox,I expected better than this today.
We just weren't at it.
I expected better today,but we just weren't at it.
After such a solid defensive display at Ibrox I expected better than this today but we just weren't at it.
We dust ourselves down now and go again next week when I hope we are at it."
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Re: Accies v Kilmarnock Saturday

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Together with Sevco, Killy are the most consistent team over the last five games. Quietly efficient, well organised, and unlikely to be phased with our surface, we can expect very little by way of an early Christmas present from Clarke's team.

In saying that, neither St Mirren or Dundee have (on paper) winnable fixtures for the rest of the year either, but the football from Accies has again been dire to watch most games, and Martin's lack of managerial skills has gone long past an acceptable timescale in most supporters eyes.

Hopefully, just a narrow defeat, and not a Brophy double hat trick. :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Was it only a few weeks ago we took a point of this mob. Oh the halcyon days of free flowing attacking football :D Fancy us for another draw. Martin will of course persist with Bingham up top when it cries out for Burstad. Martin should be back and our talisman Miller. Home crowd to be nearer 700 but Accies to massage the figures and the clubs incompetent safety officer will stand on the touchline and glare at anyone shouting “This isn't very good Mr Canning”
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Our main problem will be dealing with Greg Stewart. He’s scored regularly against us and destroyed us in a game v Dundee a few years ago. He’s currently in great form playing just behind the strikers. If we can keep him subdued we might get something, but it’s unlikely if we persist with Bingham.
Hopefully Miller is back alongside Keatings and Brustad.
Woods seems to have had the wake up he needed in being dropped for Mucha and looked a good keeper again from the Rangers highlights. Great save from Lafferty.
Woods
McGowan Kilgallon Gordon McMann
Martin MacKinnon
Miller Keatings Imrie
Brustad
Euan
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:33 pm

I cannot fathom how anyone who watches Accies would have McMann and Imrie in the team. Neither have contributed anything positive for a couple of years.
Gav
Championship

Postby Euan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Gav wrote:I cannot fathom how anyone who watches Accies would have McMann and Imrie in the team. Neither have contributed anything positive for a couple of years.

With the current squad what’s the alternative?
Need to be realistic about it.
Both would be on my replacement list were I manager.
Dougie did score the opener v St Mirren away recently and McMann played ok that day, but tends to lose concentration too easily for my liking.
I’d rather play Ziggy at left back but don’t really trust anyone else at centre half. Penny or Tshemble have a lot of improvement to do.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Nice one Eamonn.
Lol.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Well I fancied us for a draw and a draw we got although when Brophy scored in 6 minutes I feared the worse. Indeed we were under the cosh for most of the first half. But it was good of Brophy to hand us or was it arm us a penalty particularly after his petulant goal celebration. I get he had issues with club and presumably the fans but his celebration was way ott. Anyway the second half was a bit better from Accies and overall I enjoyed the game and a draw was a fair result. Team selection as usual weird for me with no recognisable striker. I assume Keatings and Miller were the goal threats. Won’t be at Tynecastle and even though Hearts had a mare of a game today don’t expect anything. Finally my first experience of the new announcer. He will do for me.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 pm

I didn’t get the brophy celebration either as he never got any stick and then he got a hard on when he scored, settle down wee man. Fair enough if 2 minutes to go but not 6 minutes into a game. Complete fanny.

1st half we were poor, only tactic canning identified all game was to shell everything diagonal to McGowan to beat their left back Taylor to every header, sad thing was I can’t remember any flick on being a threat in behind.

2nd half they could’ve been out of sight if Stewart and Jones had took their chances but it’s a point we never expected so I’ll take it
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Lol, when somebody scores against us! seriously? Get a grip!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 pm

We were really poor for the first half hour but played better after that. I thought we should have matched them up with a 442 to be honest

The Dazzler came into the game a bit as it wore on and pushed forward at times which was good after he got injured Scott Martin added some nice "dig" in the middle of the park when he came on, why wasn't he starting?

Miller had some mazy runs but ultimately tried to beat one man too much at times. We are lacking up front for sure.

As for Sowah , that's one of the worst displays I've seen by an Accies player for a long time , how he even managed not to be hooked before half time baffles me.

Killie's number 8 , Dicker , was constantly fouling and mouthing at referee who seemed oblivious or not willing to take action.

We clung on for a point and could have actually nicked it right at the death but for a decent save. I thought it was a decent point and was happy with our fight in the second half/

Onwards to Tynecastle and would probably start with today's finishing line up, albeit that Imrie also looked injured at the end.

Back home in Darlington with half a smile on my face
Last edited by Stodmeister on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:02 am

I see Swift Frank's not posted since Brophy's goal. He must be raging we scored. :lol:
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:01 am

Nah not raging,glad we equalized actually.
You are confusing me with someone who gives a flying f#&k.
FTW.
Oh,and Season's Greetings to all my fans.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:37 am

Swift Frank wrote:Nice one Eamonn.
Lol.

I assumed he’d been commenting on the handball...should have realised it was their goal :)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 am

Don't blame him one bit for the "OTT" celebration.
It's not his fault Martin Guardiola couldn't recognise a prolific scorer when he's staring him in the face.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Beardy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Good result I thought, really pleased to see the level of fight and effort in the second half ... shame about the injuries though
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Return to Match Day Archives