Rangers .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Rangers .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:48 pm

At least our relegation rivals both lost making tomorrow’s defeat less important.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Usual pre match pish from Martin Guardiola in today's papers.
Really fear for Accies tomorrow.
And then it will be the usual post match pish from the Learned One.
Last edited by Swift Frank on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:45 am

This is the kind of game an Alex Neil team with a decent midfield would get a result in but as it is a Canning team...
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 am

...... it'll be the usual Tshambolic pile of pish.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Great start for the Martin Guardiola XI.
Lol.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby The Goalie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Fair play to the less than 100 fans, at the game...but surely they will eventually realise Canning is not the answer????
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Doesn't matter a jot.
Morecambe and Wise of the BOD love Martin Guardiola and that is all that matters .
We are stuck with him indefinitely.
Oh,and before all the Happy Clappers descend on here hailing the low score defeat today------- a defeat is a defeat---- whether it's 1 nil or 11 nil.
Canning OUT.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:13 pm

I’d have accepted a 1-0 defeat pre match and quite happy (not clapping though) to come away with one.
Stops the goal difference worsening and avoids embarrassment.
Euan
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Sorry Euan, but, I disagree, we want the BOD to be embarrassed, it might be the only way they will respond to this inept manager...as the decline in support appears not to.
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 pm

The first half was shocking- unbelievable that we went in only 1-0 down.
2nd half was better but not good.
How Bingham gets a game is beyond me.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Bluesy wrote:The first half was shocking- unbelievable that we went in only 1-0 down.

Bingham and Imrie must have photographic evidence on our glorious leader and a donkey in a compromising position.

Euan, said he would have taken 1-0 before the game. Probably the exact same attitude as canning sent sent the players out with. We were beaten before a ball was kicked

Less than 100 fans, to those that went fair play to you all, but surely even you can see this ship is about to sink and its time to get off. Will we manage to take less than 50 to Parkhead

Next few games against Kilmarnock and Celtic, wonder how those games may end
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:53 pm

smc4761 wrote:
Bluesy wrote:The first half was shocking- unbelievable that we went in only 1-0 down.

Bingham and Imrie must have photographic evidence on our glorious leader and a donkey in a compromising position.

Euan, said he would have taken 1-0 before the game. Probably the exact same attitude as canning sent sent the players out with. We were beaten before a ball was kicked

Less than 100 fans, to those that went fair play to you all, but surely even you can see this ship is about to sink and its time to get off. Will we manage to take less than 50 to Parkhead

Next few games against Kilmarnock and Celtic, wonder how those games may end

Who was the donkey involved?
Penny?
Tshambles?
Or one of the other donkeys?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:25 pm

How many did we take? Accies Twitter has been unusually reticent to announce the away following recently. They didn't announce the 61 that went to Dundee.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:35 pm

smc4761 wrote: Less than 100 fans, to those that went fair play to you all, but surely even you can see this ship is about to sink and its time to get off. Will we manage to take less than 50 to Parkhead

The Goalie wrote:Fair play to the less than 100 fans, at the game...but surely they will eventually realise Canning is not the answer????

Don't think I could be accused of being a happy clapper - I have repeatedly said for a long time that Canning should go and as quickly as possible - but its beyond me that those of an Accies persuasion who have stopped supporting the team feel the need to patronise and criticise those who still go and suggest we are somehow being blind to, or are happy with, the managers continued inadequacies. If anything, those who still go can see this the most clearly rather than having to do so second hand. People go to games or not, dependent on their point of view and that's fine, but why some feel the need to deride those who still go is, to be honest, the worst sort of crowd 'winking', something we are subjected to by other clubs moronic fans every week !!

As for the game today, after the first 3 minutes I really feared the worst and in the first half we were pretty poor. Second half was better but while Rangers weren't good at all, we didn't really look like scoring despite a few things in and around their box in the last 15 minutes or so. Thought the defence did okay after we went behind, Woods was good, Kilgallon and Ziggy tried like bears (!), Sowah played away without doing too much wrong while McMann was getting forward as well, and bodies were repeatedly thrown in the way of shots so they certainly couldn't be criticised for lack of effort. However, Cannings continued picking of Imrie and Bingham is absolutely appalling and todays game showed this up once again. Imrie, in fairness, did a bit of running about and won a few challenges without really helping us to move forward all that much, but Bingham was absolutely appalling.

In a game which we knew we weren't going to have much of the ball, the absolute basic requirement of a striker is to hold the ball up and wait for others to join him, something which Keatings was trying to do all game. I cant think of one occasion when Bingham did it competently and if I was a teammate I'd be looking at him and think he was taking the p!ss by his lack of ability and/or effort - awful once again and really not any better than when he first played for us. In fact Brustad did more to rumble the Rangers defence up in the minute after he first came on than Bingham did all game. Canning has no excuses at all for him still starting.

I wasn't expecting anything from today so wasn't surprised that's what we got and it certainly seemed like Cannings 'always surrender' mentality was again in evidence against a big team! Not unexpectedly.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 pm

A well known philosopher (who is so well known his name temporarily escapes me) once famously said the definition of insanity is to repeatedly pick Rakish Bingham despite knowing he is utter pish.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:27 pm

I’d never want Accies to be humiliated in any game, especially not against Rangers (or Celtic).
It’s time for a change of management but I’ll support the team 100% and hope for a win every time, while accepting it is often unlikely at present. I understand why you might think it’ll speed up change but I don’t think it would have had any affect if we lost 8-0.
The criticism of the fans who regularly go reminds me of those who stop smoking and decide they hate smokers...maybe it helps them justify their position.
In the final days of BR I stopped going but didn’t try to get others to stop, just couldn’t be bothered myself, although I did develop an unreasonable dislike of BR, which continues to this day.
We have the basis of a good squad but I often disagree with MC’s tactics, substitutions and personnel. A different manager would make such a difference but realistically we’re stuck with him until the end of the season at least.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:31 pm

I think most fans with a thimble full of football knowledge realize that the current squad of players could be better utilized with a different man at the helm.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:50 pm

What about you?....;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:31 am

Euan wrote:What about you?....;)

Oooft. That's a fair boot in the hawmaws after he forgot Einsteins name earlier - well played sir. :lol:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:44 am

Tumbleweed.. wrote:
Euan wrote:What about you?....;)

Oooft. That's a fair boot in the hawmaws after he forgot Einsteins name earlier - well played sir. :lol:

Could have easily found the Einstein quote on Google if I could have been arsed.
Just like I can't be arsed watching the pile of pish that is Accies under The Clown Canning.
GIRUY.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives