Acces v Hibs Saturday

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Acces v Hibs Saturday

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Euan wrote:
Swift Frank wrote:Aaron Smith,Sam Kelly,Lenny Sowhat, Dolphin Tshambles,Tom Taiwan et al.
Another chapter of pish signings to add to the book.
Sorry, Encyclopedia.

Could you not think of a variation of Sam Kelly and Aaron Smith ...
Smelly and Arse?

Not that bothered.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Lauren Cooper ;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Understand that both Dundee and St Mirren are battling it out for the rights to adopt the M People hit from 1993 " Movin On Up" as their new 'run-out' music in 2019

Accies are understood to be going for something a lot older (like many of the first team players) with an Elvis hit from 1977, "Way (on) Down".

Glad I misssed this game yesterday from all the reports. A day in the mountains clears the head of suffering continued poor Accies results :D

Hoping Santa brings buckets and spades for the seaside leagues in the next couple of seasons.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:We will be bottom. Dundee have got a manager and Kenny Miller. St Mirren's new guy is gradually finding his way and they have Adam Hammill. We have a numpty and no outstanding player except perhaps one centre half.

Spot on Stevie, they both have someone who come alive in the final 3rd (remember we had templeton) and can score out of nothing.

However,

There is hope for only a managerial sacking and Miller fancies the vacant job.

Hamill according to wiki has only signed a short term contract which expires January 19 so he’s in the shop window for himself just now.

Things can change very quickly in this league
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah things can change quickly.
Unless you occupy the position of Head Coach at Hamilton Academical Football Department.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Yeah things can change quickly.
Unless you occupy the position of Head Coach at Hamilton Academical Football Department.

I spoke to someone who was in Hospitality yesterday who was telling me all the box holders bar one have informed the club they may not renew as they are fed up with the Manager,constant defeats and terrible football on offer.

Apparently,they were only partly appeased as a Club Official told them Canning has to the Motherwell game to improve.This is what may get rid of him if sponsors have had enough as by feck,they don't listen to the fans.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Don't have a grudge against Canning as a person.
At the end of the day he is an ordinary man with a wife and young family to support.
Wish him no ill will and as previously stated if the BOD find him a job elsewhere at the Club I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Where I do have a problem is the fact he is not and never has been accountable for his poor record as Manager.
This simply isn't right and if sponsors and fans are leaving in droves then you would think that Macdonald and Gray must act soon.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:29 pm

A name i never hear mentioned for manager's jobs is Stewart Petrie of Montrose. What a job he is doing there! First promotion in twenty odd years and after beating Raith yesterday, they are now in a play off position. An ambitious BOD should be making enquiries. But if it's Imrie, that's me finished with them.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Can't blame you for thinking it would be Imrie.
But if/when Canning goes would be a refreshing change to deviate from the boring old internal appointment.
Petrie would be great.
But I remember we missed out on him as a player when he left Forfar and knowing our luck we'd end up missing the boat again and end up with Chris Hillcoat,Ally Dawson or Colin Miller.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives