Accies .V. Livingston - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Livingston - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

I was saying to folk around me that we were due a lucky win as we were unlucky v Rangers and Killie and hey voila.

However,arriving home drenched,my optimism soon evaporated listening to Canning on TV.An Accies Manager content to hit Livingston on the breakaway sums up how low our standards are under this clown.This was against a side remember with near enough a full side of Championship players,with a lower budget and less top flight experience and they made our midfield-our weakest part of the team-look really ineffective.

Most of the duds signed in the summer are nowhere near the first team and the responsibility lies with those who signed them.

We take the lucky three points and move on to two probable defeats versus St.Johnstone and Celtic but this today will not encourage the many fans we have lost back to the fold;of the six around me most home games only one was there today-that tells it's own story.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Ach, relax, we won.

You want to hear a manager's inappropriate comments after the game? Try Gary Holt, the Livi manager, who actually thought his team should have been "more cynical"! Specifically, he thought Bloomfield should have been fouled before he scored. :roll:

I know how I'd rather see the game played.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm

We won today against a team that was better than us, but given its often the other way about I am more than happy to take it and the way the results went meant it was actually a very good weekend for us. That said, it was a honking game to watch with the most interesting thing at the start being to try and work out what our shape and/or tactics were. Given I often criticise him, I of course applaud the manager for a tactical masterclass.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Maybe I’m the only one...but I actually enjoyed it today.
It was satisfying to beat Livingston, who as current media darlings were favoured by the referee throughout. 6 bookings v their 2 was farcical. At least we tried to play football today. We showed desire today and tried but couldn’t match their physicality. They are a brutal team, the hairy guy up front is a complete thug, worse than Joey Gardiner. Tshiembie was booked for getting kicked in the balls by him and was floored everytime they clashed but he got away with it, only being booked in the last minute.
Being called Dolly was obviously a ploy by his parents to toughen him up.
It could have gone either way but to score just after Miller was sent off and then hold on with some desperate defending was great entertainment.
It wasn’t pretty but I don’t imagine any Livi games are.
We’ve no divine right to beat Livi, better teams than us have lost to them, especially when up against yet another biased or just incompetent ref.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 pm

That much welcome 3 points today must have bumped up Martin's win ratio.
He must be up there along with living legends like Gary Caldwell or the Paisley Irish schoolteacher.
Credit where credit is due.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Euan wrote:Maybe I’m the only one...but I actually enjoyed it today.
It was satisfying to beat Livingston, who as current media darlings were favoured by the referee throughout. 6 bookings v their 2 was farcical. At least we tried to play football today. We showed desire today and tried but couldn’t match their physicality. They are a brutal team, the hairy guy up front is a complete thug, worse than Joey Gardiner. Tshiembie was booked for getting kicked in the balls by him and was floored everytime they clashed but he got away with it, only being booked in the last minute.
Being called Dolly was obviously a ploy by his parents to toughen him up.
It could have gone either way but to score just after Miller was sent off and then hold on with some desperate defending was great entertainment.
It wasn’t pretty but I don’t imagine any Livi games are.
We’ve no divine right to beat Livi, better teams than us have lost to them, especially when up against yet another biased or just incompetent ref.

Maybe you ARE the only one who enjoyed the game itself today, Euan, as it was pretty dire, but your other observations are spot on. Seriously inconsistent refereeing decisions, with Dolly Meeksture fouling throughout and seemingly impervious to any bookings from the ref until very, very late on.

We all knew that Livvy were a big team of bruisers, but, despite that, we spent far too much time hoofing the ball high (& against the wind) in the first half, to predicatbly no avail. Only when we had the occasional balls on the deck, and I don't mean Tshiembie's, did we look capable of causing an upset. Livvy were the better organised team, in both halves, and we had no clear shape in midfield. Neither Taiwo or Bingham IMO were in any way effective today. Our back four played well, either Ziggy or Kilgallon could have been MOTM, but we seriously missed Daz today.
Thought Tshiembie did reallly well not to retaliate when consistently fouled by the Livvy No. 9. All credit to him for that, and being the last player off, still applauding the crowd.

Bloomfield looks a football player from his appearance, (a Marcus Rashford look-alike?,) but minus the £300K per week, and some of the skills. He has pace however and some ability to take that goal finish when many others would have bottled it, so maybe worth a start before Rakish??

Never heard Cannings post match on BBC. From 5pm to 5.22 'till I got out the car, all I heard was 22 mins of minute dissection of the Celtic Hearts game. Shocking BBC coverage... don't know when all the other reporters gave their match reports. Was it before 5pm?

Canning's comments are usuallly dull, uninspiring, & predictable so it looks as if I missed nothing. Interestingly, it was Boozy who was out of the home dug-out all today, shouting instructions, with only an occasional siting from his (seat?) place in there. Low profile...what?? Hiding??

Today we rode our luck for the 'smash and grab' but it was a welcome three points, when one seemed the best we might hope for against an agricultural opposition.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am

Have to agree with porcupine re the BBC Radio Scotland coverage. You would think Celtic-Hearts was the only game in Scotland yesterday. Annoying.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:56 am

Better to be lucky than good.
And for all the Livingston domination, they only managed ONE shot on target all game to Accies 5.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 am

The great thing about our Team Mascot is, for all the guff he spouts, every now and then he makes a post that is spot-on.

Like this:
Swift Frank wrote:Better to be lucky than good.
And for all the Livingston domination, they only managed ONE shot on target all game to Accies 5.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:15 am

I really enjoyed the game. I felt it was really tense near the end and could have gone either way. We played the better football and had more clear cut chances so I didn't see it as a steal. Ziggy looks much fitter than he did earlier in the season (and when he was at Thistle). Playing Ziggy at either full back is the way to go in that form - fantastic!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:32 am

Willie Wastle wrote:The great thing about our Team Mascot is, for all the guff he spouts, every now and then he makes a post that is spot-on.

Like this:

Shame his shopping trip was unsuccessful.
TJ Hughes were out of the tea-set he’d wanted and he stood in a puddle on his way to the bus.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 am

Bluesy wrote:I really enjoyed the game

Glad to hear someone else enjoyed it :)
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Fair do's to the team yesterday a win is a win. We have played better and got nothing. Other results also going our way. Looks like its going to be a 3 way battle with Dundee, St Midden and us, at bottom.

How was the crowd yesterday, as I am guessing Livi would not bring through a huge support.

Well that is the win ration back up again, but with a couple of tough games coming up.......
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:The great thing about our Team Mascot is, for all the guff he spouts, every now and then he makes a post that is spot-on.

Like this:

Don't get too used to it.
Normal service will be resumed asap.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Colombian Boffin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Bluesy wrote:I really enjoyed the game. I felt it was really tense near the end and could have gone either way. We played the better football and had more clear cut chances so I didn't see it as a steal. Ziggy looks much fitter than he did earlier in the season (and when he was at Thistle). Playing Ziggy at either full back is the way to go in that form - fantastic!

That was my take on it too - I thought we showed we have more skillful players and we just lacked a wee bit of confidence and probably missed the drive of Dougie Imrie or Daz.

Great result - and hopefully confidence will be on the up too. If we get enything from Perth at all (a terrible place for us - and they've won 4 in a row) then I think we'll have "turned the corner".
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Jeez just watched highlights and we were lucky to win that one. The Canning machine rumbles along then with the acceptable 1 win in every 7/8 games and the continuation of turgid games.

What was the crowd, or lack of it on Saturday, 1,495, and that was giving away free tickets???? 300 odd Livi fans so just over 1,000 home fans, how crowds have dropped and will continue to do so.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby Gav » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Not sure how you can say we were lucky when we had 5 shots on target to their 1. Keatings could easily have had a penalty and we had a man unjustly sent off.

Thought we deserved to win it.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 pm

The coverage was bizarrely one sided.
They showed some good play by us in the analysis that was missed out of the highlights
Bluesy
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives