Kilmarnock .V. Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Kilmarnock .V. Accies

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Admission is PATG on the day however tickets are also being sold by our Ticket Office which can also be used for an offer with Stagecoach which I'll link at the bottom of this post.

We are situated in the Chadwick Stand behind the goal.

Adults: £22
Concessions (Over65s,U21 & Students): £17
U16s: £5

My counterpart at Kilmarnock has provided me with the following info:

Away supporters are welcome in the Sports Bar in the Frank Beattie Stand (Children aren't permitted in the Sports Bar) & The Park Hotel (Adjacent to the stadium)

Number of local establishments will welcome travelling fans e.g Howard Arms, Brass & Granite & The Portmann Hotel.

Stagecoach Offer Info:

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=7863
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Kilmarnock .V. Accies

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Another gubbing awaits.
But hey ho,carry on Martin.
You are doing a great job, punching above your weight yet again.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Rugby Park has been quite a happy hunting ground for us in recent seasons, but the Killie renaissance has been remarkable since Clarke took charge about a year ago. This is now as difficult an away tie as the next one up, Aberdeen. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d take a draw now.

I’m hoping Kilgallon is back, and if so I’d like to see him partner Tshiembe in central defence. Or if not, Ziggy and Tshiembe. Either way, the foundation of a 4-4-2. Penny dropped. And I think Boyd deserves to start. Otherwise, the same team that started v Rangers, same attitude, and perhaps just a slightly more adventurous approach.

Killie are not unbeatable. In their last two, they’ve been behind to Dundee and St Mirren before coming back to win. Maybe we can go a step further, get ahead, and hold our lead for all three points. Here’s hoping.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:17 pm

2-0to the home team. Accies to have 0 shots on target.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:09 am

Martin's Selection Bingo Tombola Machine is being left on overnight in order to give all the players names inside a real good shuffle.
Look forward to seeing what it throws up this time.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:38 am

I don't know where this latest "selection bingo" criticism has come from. The majority of our first team is now well settled. We had a big influx of players in the summer, and it's taken some time to work out who are the best contributors - our first choice central defence and front line are still not quite decided. But if everyone's fully fit, free of injuries and suspensions, we can be sure the following will start:
Woods
McGowan, McMann
MacKinnon, Martin, Imrie
Miller
Brustad

I'd add to that Kilgallon, although he's only had a handful of games. And Boyd is knocking on the door of a regular start.

The other central defensive place is contested by Tshiembe, Want and Gordon (making Penny our 5th choice central defender). And Keatings and Bingham competing for any remaining place(s) up front. It'll be interesting to see whether those returning from injuries can challenge for starts - Gogic and Ogmpoe.

So we've better strength in depth than for many years, and our best XI is probably as settled as it's ever going to be. We'll make occasional tactical variations, of course, such as Ziggy man-marking Candeias last Sunday, playing two up front, or sacrificing a midfielder/forward for another defender. We may want to rest young players, such as Want after his howlers v Dundee and Hibs, or an older player, such as Dougie, if his legs are going.

But I wonder if this "selection bingo" line just hides disagreement about certain selections.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:46 am

I would like to see the same starting 11 as against rangers with the exception of Kilgallon for Penney. Hopefully Kilgallon has recovered and Miller isn't out. if Miller is I cant see us getting anything. Still its a cracking day and I am looking forward to the game. Ps Its delayed transmission on Alba at 6pm.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 am

TerracingTomas wrote:I would like to see the same starting 11 as against rangers with the exception of Kilgallon for Penney. Hopefully Kilgallon has recovered and Miller isn't out. if Miller is I cant see us getting anything. Still its a cracking day and I am looking forward to the game. Ps Its delayed transmission on Alba at 6pm.

Miller's currently our most dangerous forward.

But we know what Boyd is capable of. Ye Olde Hamiltonian was talking in the Rangers thread about Brustad's runs and vision needing a playmaker like Templeton, someone on the same wavelength, and maybe Boyd could be that man? We should be able to threaten Killie's goal even without Miller.

Thanks for the heads up re BBC Alba - recorder set. :!:
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Happy with that team, especially with all our short-term injury worries present, and with Tshiembe partnering Kilgallon for the first time.

Looks like Ziggy has edged out McMann for the left back spot (as opposed to 5 at the back with Dougie as LWB). And Boyd will be disappointed not to have won a start, but happy to see Keatings get a starting chance.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Happy with that team, especially with all our short-term injury worries present, and with Tshiembe partnering Kilgallon for the first time.

Looks like Ziggy has edged out McMann for the left back spot (as opposed to 5 at the back with Dougie as LWB). And Boyd will be disappointed not to have won a start, but happy to see Keatings get a starting chance.

It's basically the starting XI v Rangers that TerracingTomas wanted, with Penny dropped for Kilgallon, plus Keatings brought in for McMann, giving that slightly more adventurous look I wanted to see.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Surely that must be some mistake in Livescore.com.
According to it Accies have failed to hold a lead till half time.
Really?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:05 pm

HT 1-1. Our goal from a Keatings cross headed in by Dougie. Happy enough with that, as I would be happy with it as a final score.

We're the third opponents in a row to take a 1-0 lead over Killie. They came back to win both of these 2-1, but maybe today we can break that trend?

Come on Accies!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Result!

Accies get a point at Rugby Park. Good enough, with Dundee (midweek) and St Mirren both losing.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Should have been 3.
KEATINGS! !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Should have been 3.
KEATINGS! !

Glass half empty? :?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Only negative I can see is Boyd showing his inexperience in getting harshly sent off late on. When he's the sort of player who could have conjoured a winner out of nothing.

What do you miss after two yellows? Does it just all add up till he goes over a threshold? It's not an automatic one-game ban, right?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Accies legend Rikki Ferguson is interviewed at half time on Alba.

Boyd misses the next match, Willie.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:01 pm

2 yellow cards (red card) means suspended for the next game.

Good point today, as the expectation from some was a gubbing apparently. Every point counts and that it us a hard ground to get anything from as Celtic well know.

Think we are starting to see the team take shape, so hopefully after last week's performance, todays point, we take this into next weeks home game and get a win and pull away from the bottom.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 pm

A solid performance overall and we were worth the point. Keatings was both saint and sinner. it was his well taken free kick that was turned in by Dougie but I howled at the sitter he missed in the second half. Still I think he brings creativity to the team. I was expecting Imrie or mackinnon to get sent off in the second half but surprisingly it was Boyd. i think he knew what he was doing for the second yellow and took one for the team. With Dundee losing earlier in the week and St Mirren today it was a good day at the office. Same starting eleven against Aberdeen please.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Enjoyed that interview with Rikki but a bit of a faux pas from him. We didn't lose 9-3 at Tynecastle it was 7-0 (I was there), he's thinking of the 8-3 defeat at Celtic. Pretty sure McKellar was the keeper that day anyway?!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives