Thistle v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Thistle v Accies

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:30 pm

A huge game now on the back of managerial uncertainty and 2 defeats where we have been poor in stages. Martin is suspended so it will be Frankie in the dug out. If Routledge is fit he may just be worth another chance to prove himself as coming back from injury v United and Celtic was not the easiest. Redmond might be worth a shot if his fitness, competitive nature and positional sense are right:

McGovern
Gill Jesus Devlin Hendrie
Dazz
Imrie Ali Tony Redmond
MAC
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Thistle v Accies

Postby Gaspode » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Redmond back in for Daz, who has been really poor in our last few games.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Daz form has suddenly dropped as he is paired with Routledge who is just not up to it , i would try Tena in midfield .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:11 pm

I've never been McKinnon's biggest fan: his style of play isn't easy on the eye. But he usually does a valuable job for us, breaking up our opponents' play, even if his passing is often found wanting. And he picks up fewer cards than you would expect for someone so recently battling in the juniors. The last two games have been perhaps the worst he has ever played for us, leading to him rightly being substituted, and it's no coincidence that these were against two of the best teams in the league.

McKinnon's performances are Routledge's fault? You're having a laugh, bajan bandit.

I think Dazza has a big role to play against Thistle, and I expect to see him start alongside Routledge.

We'll learn on Wednesday night to what extent our play in the last two games has been about the quality of the opposition, as opposed to a hangover from Alex Neil's departure. It's always a difficult fixture at Firhill, but it's now one we really need to take something from, especially with another tough home game to follow. I'd go with redandwhite1874's team, with Routledge in for Redmond.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Mackinnon's form is Routledge's fault. Ha ha! Classic.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:52 am

I can't see there being many changes simply because we don't have the strength in depth to change it too much unless we throw in the youngsters. A change in belief and confidence, getting back to doing what we have been good at for most of the season will suit me. Thistle blow hot and cold, good one day and bad the next. They have a few decent players and will make a game of it. I would like to see Daz used in the Alex Neil role, breaking up the play. Tena I'm not so sure about, I like him as a defender but not convinced he's mobile enough for a midfield role. Anyway 3 points Accies, let's get back on track, good luck lads.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:19 pm

The next 2 games will dictate if we can keep up with the pack or drop towards the middle section, albeit we have a wee margin. The month is rolling on and allegedly we could see Hendrie go and Loy come in - would like to see a holding midfielder as the priority but we shall see.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:22 pm

H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:38 pm

2 nil down at half time to a dreadful Thistle.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:53 pm

no passion, no heart, no leaders on the pitch.............

Left after 4th goal went in as it seemed the players had given up.

Need to appoint a new manager quickly
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Actually started not too badly and looked threatening at times but once they scored there was only one winner. Defence was particularly poor especially after Mikey went off and hand no protection from midfield. MAC was murder and seemed to spit the dummy out before being subbed. All in all a particularly bad night and we need to stop the rot quickly.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Dreadful. Stats say it all.....1 shot on target. The lack of depth in the squad allows too many players to go through the motions. We can't even drop any of the 1st 11........who would we bring with enough experience that would make much difference. New manager ASAP. If there's genuine interest in SH sell him now and use the money too add at least 3 experienced players to the squad. Looks like another easy day at the office for ICT on Saturday.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Whilst Alex going has been a shock; that is not the first time this season Partick have ripped us (although clearly not to tonight's extent) we have been lucky to get 4 points from them and even with Alex ICT have ripped us twice so its not all down to that.

Shocking display tonight, with too many half fit players and players played out of position. I thought the obvious sub was to put Gills into the centre to take over from the passenger that JR is right now; but we yet again bring on Longridge for yet another ineffective sub appearance.

We either trust the young players we have to cover positions or we need to bring players in. Experience is the key. Ali needs to get in the middle and not wait again for us to go 2 down before this master stroke hits us.

Devlin off injured and Jesus not fit doesn't look great for Saturday.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 pm

That was as bad as it could be.
Midfield were AWOL from the beginning and what on God's green earth has happened to our passing game?
I know the pitch wasn't the best but McGovern didn't even look to play the ball out short a lot of the time.

Need some serious and harsh words to sort things out for Saturday.

I hope this season doesn't just peter out, scraping into top 6 and getting hammered by all and sundry.....

Back to the passing game, please......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:53 pm

no passion, no heart, no leaders on the pitch.............

Left after 4th goal went in as it seemed the players had given up.

Need to appoint a new manager quickly

Sums it up exactly You must have been in front of me as I left after the fourth. Ronnie said he knew the direction he wanted to go re managerial appointment but it would be next week at the earliest Get it right Ronnie motivator needed
Alfie Olek

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 am

Dire, absolutely dire.

We need a new manager in asap. I left once the fifth goal went in. The first time Ive ever left a game early. Disgusted with the performance, no heart no fight no passion no positives to take from the game.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:08 am

Flucking garbage.Canning out now.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 am

If Hendrie is looking likely to leave why is MacDonald not on the bench ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:39 am

I wasn't at the game of course (it's a long long way from here to there) so these comments are theoretical. Looking at the context, what is it that's changed? The manager's gone, the interim manager is in the stands and so can't contribute properly. There is speculation about several players - Jesus, Hendrie, and Andreu - and Frankie, who had the manager's role last night, is said to be leaving in 10 days (not sure if that's a done deal or not). Hardly surprising that the squad's unsettled. To criticise the squad for an absence of leaders is stating the obvious when there's no manager and the usual captain is out of action. I've never believed there's value in having a keeper as captain, btw.

The challenge for whoever is in charge is to restore order. Dealing with mind-set is the mark of the best managers of course.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:16 am

Don van Vliet wrote: To criticise the squad for an absence of leaders is stating the obvious when there's no manager and the usual captain is out of action.

Maybe so, but is it not right to criticise the squad for an absence of leaders when we have enough players who've played enough games at this level to know when they need to roll their sleeves up and take responsibility for their own, and their team mates', performance? There were far too many empty jerseys last night, one or two who look well out of their depth at this level, and dare I say it one or two who looked as if they couldn't care less. They've all been great so far this season, so that isn't in any way a criticism of the team as a whole in the SPFL, but hopefully they all know last night was nowhere near good enough. Anyway, hopefully we'll be back to winning ways against Inverness on Saturday!
Thethirdproclaimer

Next

Return to Match Day Archives