Thistle v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Thistle v Accies

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Hugely disappointing game , worse performance I have seen for a while (and I thought the Thistle cup game was bad).

Simply punting the ball out from McGivern is hopeless even when it was rolled out to a defender 9 times out of 10 it was the same result. Have the tactics changed all of a sudden ? are we totally bereft of ideas? I can't imagine the players have all of a sudden decided to do this since Alex has gone , it has to be instructions. (Maybe they have flashed back to first half first leg game against Hibs in play off)

Against United it was similar tactic for most of the game as with Celtic ,of course Celtic are a better team as are United but I felt we could have got something from United once we started passing.

It's been a great season so far which will hopefully continue but I feel we are at a bit of a watershed now. We are getting good press and the fans are behind us but last night I heard quite a bit of unrest from the stand which can only be nipped in the bud by performances on the park.

Think resolving the uncertainty surrounding manager and closure of transfer window may help but we've got a game on Saturday and can't afford to play like that again.

I'm not sure MC is the man for the manager's job he's not vocal enough however maybe with a good experienced assistant it could work.

Maybe at this juncture we go get an outsider , possibly with an Accies connection
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Redmond must start on Saturday. Daz and Routledge can have a wee sit in the stand, both have been dire for weeks!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Gaspode wrote:Redmond must start on Saturday. Daz and Routledge can have a wee sit in the stand, both have been dire for weeks!

I have to agree Daz has been totally off his game , quite embarrassing his attempts to " boss" Scott Brown against Celtic and Routledge seems off the pace since his return.

Will be great to have Ziggy back and push Gillespie back into midfield
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Was thinking exactly the same last night, funny how one injury has that knock on effect on the whole team, making our right back, holding midfield and central midfield weaker having to shift players around to accommodate. Hopefully MC has a couple of transfer targets in mind that'll help us in those areas.
Thethirdproclaimer

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives