Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Celtic - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Celtic - Match Thread

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:39 pm

I quite fancy us to take something from this. If anything Monday night allowed the players to get things out of their system and the way they played after scoring the free kick was the team at its best allowing for Canning being missing. I would hope he is playing, Tena drops out and we reinstate redmond to the midfield instead of routledge who looks off pace. Depending on how it goes I would want o see Brophy get at least 20 minutes but playing alongside Mac.
Alfie Olek

Postby Accies999 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Let's get the disappointment of losing Alex out of our system and move on. It's a new era, hopefully we can start by doing the double over Celtic. We're no world beaters but neither are they, the amount of points they've lost proves that. 3 points please Accies :D
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Have to say I don;t expect anything from this game - Celtic may take the first half to get back into their stride, so that's when they might be most vulnerable, but they've had a decent break since the new year and will be ready for this after seeing Aberdeen sneak in front in the last weeks. A draw would be a great result, can't see too many changes to Monday's team, possibly the Canning question still the only doubt. Having said that I'd like to see a bit more of Redmond, seems to have fallen out of the picture a bit which is odd for such an influential player when he's on his game.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Celtic go into this game, as usual, as overwhelming favourites. And despite our overall good form this season, we will need to be at our very best, and hope Celtic underperform, and we perhaps carry a bit of luck, if we are to take anything. Key factors for me will be whether Routledge and McKinnon (if he plays) do enough to protect the defence, whether Crawford and Andreu manage to find space, and whether MAC puts in a real shift. Motivation will not be a problem for our players, and I doubt we'll concede daft goals as we did against United.

It's a tough test for Martin Canning, and not one I'm confident he'll come through with any points. I hope I'm wrong.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 am

Not looking forwards to this, the amount of celtic fans in the home end is too far. Only 50 tickets left for the game apparently.

Sums up Hamilton.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Any Celtic fans in the home end should be ejected if they show themselves in any way...singing , cheering , etc.
however we all know this won't happen......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:19 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Any Celtic fans in the home end should be ejected if they show themselves in any way...singing , cheering , etc.
however we all know this won't happen......

They could turn up at the home turnstile with Celtic scarves, shirts etc on and still won't be turned away. The stewards were threatening to chuck folk in Section A out on Monday cause there was 2 people to one seat yet - as always - will shite themselves from the OF.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:55 pm

How the snow in Hamilton?

I see there's more forecast for tomorrow. Will the game be on?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:How the snow in Hamilton?

I see there's more forecast for tomorrow. Will the game be on?

Heavy for the past 30 mins or so but not sure if it's still bad.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:52 pm

I think we could do with Ali back in the middle, perhaps alongside Tony and Dazza. That would mean Redmond coming back in and hopefully during the spell on the sidelines he has worked on his fitness and strength as they are what's holding him back imo. Be interesting if Canning comes back in as he is suspended on Wednesday.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:27 am

Regardless of the result today, huge praise for willie the groundsman and his assistants in getting the game on. Unsung heroes always but especially on days like this. Also to whoever it is that does our Twitter (Scott?) keeping everyone updated regularly. If only every club updated us as often.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:17 pm

C mon accies I think we can get a point today and keep our record of not losing two league games on the bounce!

1-1 Mac for accies
H9crx
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Can't fault the strike but was out left back ill again? No cover at all and Matthews has run from deep. Same old issues. We haven't kicked a ball yet.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Pish game
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Working for Cunard » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Looked like the players gave too much respect to Celtic. We were, however, better than we were on Monday.

But the referee was atrocious - handballs, Accies players pushed to the ground - even more inept than Madden had been on Monday.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Better team won and our wee bit of fight shouldn't kid anybody that we were in it today. But they are a much better team than us so no need to get too upset, the team worked away but they were juts better and

Think my shout for Ali back in the middle remains valid and I think the games coming up are much more important than this one.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Disappointing. No threat whatsoever. Could have played all night and wouldn't have scored. 1st goal was spectacular........Preventable though. Why didn't Andreu just clear it up the park from the touch line, instead he lost possession leading to goal. There was also 3 Accies players between McGovern and Mathews before the shot came in, sloppy defending. 2nd goal again the defending was quite poor I thought. It's no big deal losing to the team that's a stick on to win the league. What would be nice though would be to see a bit more fight from our own team and at least try and force their keeper in to an afternoons work
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Accies999 wrote:Disappointing. No threat whatsoever. Could have played all night and wouldn't have scored. 1st goal was spectacular........Preventable though. Why didn't Andreu just clear it up the park from the touch line, instead he lost possession leading to goal. There was also 3 Accies players between McGovern and Mathews before the shot came in, sloppy defending. 2nd goal again the defending was quite poor I thought. It's no big deal losing to the team that's a stick on to win the league. What would be nice though would be to see a bit more fight from our own team and at least try and force their keeper in to an afternoons work

I agree with you in general but we could have scored; the scramble in the first half, Imrie should have done better with the header that dropped to him on the 6 yard line, Imrie could have played in Gills albeit he had a good shot, MAC had a decent shot just over, Brophy should have done better and Dazza blazed over late on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Why does Redmond not play more.

His passing is brilliant - I know Celtic were playing the game out.......

We need that creativity
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives