St Johnstone .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:50 pm

Admission info:

PATG

We will be housed in the north end of Main Stand:

Adult : £23
Over 65 : £13
13-18 : £12
Accompanied U12 (Max 2 per paying adult) £16 (Family gate is turnstile 5)

Those driving please see attached link for travel info

https://twitter.com/acciesfcslo/status/ ... 95201?s=21

Note if you can’t see the attached info please let me know.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: St Johnstone .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 am

Thanks, FSLSO. Very useful info on the Dobbie's slip road closed and the slightly longer likely delay with the loop at the other roundabout and everyone then using the one exit at the ground/Tesco slip road.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Are we going to be without Lewis Ferguson as he's with the Scotland under 19s
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:41 pm

One of our games in hand so it would be goood to take something from this and although St Johnstone have found some form they are beatable. Think Ferguson is still away but I would still try and stay with more or less the same starting 11 as against Motherwell/Ross County. Dougie coming on last week certainly had an impact and I would keep him on the bench till half time again and use him as an impact sub. Will crawford start, I suspect he might.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Ferguson has a game tomorrow against Norway, so is unlikely to be fit for a game on Wednesday, making Ali’s return a straight swap.
It would be great to get a point and keep our unbeaten run going.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Euan wrote:Ferguson has a game tomorrow against Norway, so is unlikely to be fit for a game on Wednesday, making Ali’s return a straight swap.
It would be great to get a point and keep our unbeaten run going.

I don't think a win's beyond us, but like you I'd take a point. Anything to keep the run going and extend our advantage over the teams below us. We need to try to make at least one of our extra games count.

We've been unlucky not to have beaten St Johnstone already this season - we may be due a result. Crawford for Ferguson and take the game to them. Get ahead before the break, like last time up there, then shut up shop (unlike last time).
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:45 am

We have won at Hibs, Rangers, Dundee and Motherwell and got draws at Hearts, Killie and Ross County so no reason we can't get at least a draw here.

One of the rags reporting that Ali and Daz might both be available which would be a huge bonus.

2-1 away win - Ali and Oggy with the goals.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 am

We travel tonight, in hope and expectation as always :shock: Never know whether a week's break is a good or bad thing at this stage in the season. Should be no tired legs anyway, and another week nearer full recovery from those on the injured list.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby NB.hafc » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Any buses running?
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Woods
Want Tomas sarris
Lyon McKinnon templeton imrie McMann
Bingham ogkmpoe

4 changes from the Motherwell and Ross co teams.

Van Der weg, Jenkins, Ferguson, rojano out for sarris McKinnon imrie Bingham
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Don’t agree with that, would keep VDW in, Jenkins over imrie or mcmann
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby Gav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:37 pm

Is Skondras away for good.
Gav
Championship

Postby Rojano » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:08 pm

absolutely NO need for these changes. Momentum lost once again. try my best to be supportive of the manager I really do but he really doesn't help himself. Subs made were scattergun as well.
Rojano
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 am

We were far from impressive tonight. Poor in the first half. 4 minutes in and we don't defend a corner....AGAIN!! Find out on way home that it's an own goal from McMann. Now that answers why he was very poor after that for the rest of the game. Sarris had another bombscare. Bingham seemed reluctant to make the final challenge on one to one's and Marios hustled and bustled without much effect. Both hooked at half time, with Rojano and Jenkins replacing, with Dougie moving up front.
We were very disjointed throughout & St Johnstone looked the better organised team. but not that great. Templeton had some great runs but generally had three defenders on him to close any space down quickly.

We might have had two or three weak shots at goal in a better second half.

Great to see Darian back who strolled through the game, but it looks grim for Saturday with this formation from Canning. IMO we missed Ferguson badly in midfield, and the missing Skondras would have been in the acres of space available on the left wing that no-one else used for most of the game.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 am

Oh, and should have said that Shaun Want had a good game with few errors, far, far better than the more experienced Sarris alongside him. Never looked out of place in the first team again.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:58 am

porcupine wrote:Oh, and should have said that Shaun Want had a good game with few errors, far, far better than the more experienced Sarris alongside him. Never looked out of place in the first team again.

Yes Want played well and if Skondras was available I'd have Want in beside Thomas (instead of mad Sarris) and Skondras on the right.
Bingham... NO!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 am

I wasn't at the game but listed to the BBC Sportsound commentary who were scathing of Sarris and Bingham .

For me Bingham should never get near our first team , he has a bit of pace and that's all. Can't head the ball , his close control is appalling and he never looks to me like he's comfortable on the pitch. His head goes down very easily, he's a bit like Joel Thomas . He couldn't lace Offiong's or Big Mac's boots. He might be a good lad an all that but no where near good enough , and he's signed a contract until May 19!!!!!

Sarris , total bomb scare , has maybe one good game in ten but is a total liability , end off.

Why Martin made 4 changes is beyond me , I read he wanted to freshen up the squad with important games coming up but last night's was arguably the most winnable.
I understand that with Darian fit again it was important to get him back in but Sarris and Bingham I don't understand those selections at all. Maybe it's the new "rotation" policy.

It also shows how much of a key player Ferguson has become , will be great to see him back on Saturday and I hope we won't be seeing Sarris or Bingham in the starting line up.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:45 am

I wasn't at the game but listed to the BBC Sportsound commentary who were scathing of Sarris and Bingham .

Beat me to it Stodmiester. Agree with your text 100% Didnt understand the team changes and cleariy the pre match motivational talk failed. Derek Ferguson was scathing about Sarris from the off. Said the player wasn't interested and the other defenders were having to cover from him. I wonder if he has been speaking to his son?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:03 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:

Beat me to it Stodmiester. Agree with your text 100% Didnt understand the team changes and cleariy the pre match motivational talk failed. Derek Ferguson was scathing about Sarris from the off. Said the player wasn't interested and the other defenders were having to cover from him. I wonder if he has been speaking to his son?

It would interesting to hear other players point of views but don't think you need to ask the players you can see it first hand by watching the matches. How on earth a guy that was effectively "sacked" can get back into the first team amazes me.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Gav » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:36 pm

I wouldn't mind him getting back in if he was any good. Last night him and McMann were so bad it was barely believable.

Canning and Buezelin were going mental on the touchline.
Gav
Championship

Return to Match Day Archives