Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Shocking defending cost us dearly from an otherwise decent performance.
Ferguson got the better of Docherty throughout which was enjoyable and Lyon looked decent in spells.
Tomas was awful as was Bingham when he came on.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:14 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Watched the game on tv as I had no desire to sit in the home end surrounded by Rangers fans who by all accounts were once again amongst the accies fans in numbers. Both Lyons and Temps scored excellent goals but with defending like that it really makes no difference. Van der weg doesn’t look the answer to me.

If you went to the game you would have seen that we were NOT surrounded by Rangers fans.More of our fans should make an effort for these games as the team needs the support and also due to the fact there would be far fewer- if any of them in the home end if our fans attended.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Positives: we weren't humiliated; our goal difference didn't take a hammering; we scored goals; a couple of new players got a run-out; we look close to being able to field our strongest XI, whatever that is (minus MacKinnon & Crawford, of course).

Negatives: we lost; we're still on a losing run; our defending is woeful; all the teams around us bar Partick picked up points.

We move on. Next week's game is massive.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Glad to here we were not “surrounded” YeOldeHamiltonian but enough evidence that once again there was a Rangers presence in the home end which has antagonised a number of Accies fans who were there and as far as I’m concerned I made the right decision. Its not just about away fans in the home end its also about the bigoted atmosphere that old firm fans create in the ground. The responsibility lies with the club. They have made an issue of the ‘duty of care’ that RBS owe the club over the loss of club funds. Well the same duty of care is owed by the club to its fans. Firstly they should be more careful re the sale of tickets and more importantly they should make clear that away fans will be evicted from the home end and act on it. The message would soon get across if away fans were evicted from the off, no if buts and maybes. This has been going on for seasons not just the last few old firm games.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Positives: we weren't humiliated;.

Stopped reading here jeeso.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Watched the game on tv as I had no desire to sit in the home end surrounded by Rangers fans who by all accounts were once again amongst the accies fans in numbers. Both Lyons and Temps scored excellent goals but with defending like that it really makes no difference. Van der weg doesn’t look the answer to me.

If you went to the game you would have seen that we were NOT surrounded by Rangers fans.More of our fans should make an effort for these games as the team needs the support and also due to the fact there would be far fewer- if any of them in the home end if our fans attended.

I wouldn't even watch accies playing out my back door just now.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:14 pm

We weren’t surrounded by sevconians as someone suggested. However it was brutally apparent how many there were when they were constantly staring at their ticket wondering where they were sitting then going and asking the steward where the seat was.

If we can’t sell out a stand of 3000 at £180 a season then we have to suck it up and take the bigots(and that includes Celtic) cash when they come calling to keep us afloat in the current situation.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives