Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Your comments please...
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Pumped, although I hope I am wrong.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Usually you would think we're on a hiding to nothing here: having beaten them the last time we played, they'll be out for revenge and likely to get it. The wild card is that they won't know what to expect from us - not just how we'll set up, bet even who'll be in our team. We scarcely know ourselves! So the element of surprise may be on our side.

I'm not going to write this off, we may get something. But for once, the points are less important than finding a starting XI, a formation, and a way of playing that works. I'm looking for a performance, some new players bedding in, signs of confidence, and some indications that we'll do better in the more important games ahead. This is almost a warm-up game for the 6-pointer v Partick next week.

I expect we'll see the Sarris-Tomas partnership back in central defence, and I want to see that work; I'm looking for Van Der Weg to give us the same sort of strength and threat on the left as Skondras brings on the right (which is not to rubbish McMann, but he needs a break); I'm looking for Ferguson to step up, Scott to step in, and someone (Kozo?) to show a bit of creative flair from midfield; and I'm looking for Templeton to rediscover a bit of form and make a decent partner for whoever we play up top. If we get most of that, I could accept a narrow defeat. As long as our players walk off the park with their heads held high.

1-1! :D
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
User avatar
Willie Wastle
Premiership
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Linkumdoddie

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby smc4761 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Sevco playing fairly well at moment and have a pretty decent squad. They will look to continue to put pressure on Celtic. As such with our poor defence, inability to defend anything, looking good for a 0-3.

In the last few seasons in particular we have been shocking between January and March and fully expect this to continue

On the plus side we do not really expect to pick up points against, the so called bigger teams although we have done so recently
smc4761
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Usually you would think we're on a hiding to nothing here: having beaten them the last time we played, they'll be out for revenge and likely to get it. The wild card is that they won't know what to expect from us - not just how we'll set up, bet even who'll be in our team. We scarcely know ourselves! So the element of surprise may be on our side.

I'm not going to write this off, we may get something. But for once, the points are less important than finding a starting XI, a formation, and a way of playing that works. I'm looking for a performance, some new players bedding in, signs of confidence, and some indications that we'll do better in the more important games ahead. This is almost a warm-up game for the 6-pointer v Partick next week.

I expect we'll see the Sarris-Tomas partnership back in central defence, and I want to see that work; I'm looking for Van Der Weg to give us the same sort of strength and threat on the left as Skondras brings on the right (which is not to rubbish McMann, but he needs a break); I'm looking for Ferguson to step up, Scott to step in, and someone (Kozo?) to show a bit of creative flair from midfield; and I'm looking for Templeton to rediscover a bit of form and make a decent partner for whoever we play up top. If we get most of that, I could accept a narrow defeat. As long as our players walk off the park with their heads held high.

1-1! :D


My thoughts exactly, too, WW. With so many new faces, anything is possible on Sunday.
porcupine
Premiership
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby NB.hafc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Have faith 2-1 Accies
NB.hafc
Pub League
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 pm

We certainly have a better squad now.

Any idea if Crawford is fit?

if so

Woods
Skondras Thomas Gogic Van De Weg
Imrie Crawford Ferguson + 1 of the new guys (Redmond was really poor at Aberdeen)
Oggy Templeton
Bluesy
Championship
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby AlMac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Bluesy wrote:Any idea if Crawford is fit?

My understanding is No, and he won't be fit for a while....
AlMac
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 pm

The Accies team on Sunday will be a mystery to all of us...and the opposition which may otherwise work in our favour.

One issue which won't be a mystery is the "Musical Chairs" for the singing section/Section A.Every time we play the old firm it is a "grab a seat where you can" operation which only serves to alienate our vocal younger fans who turn up in decreasing numbers for these games.

These issues were supposed to have been resolved after the farce of the last two Old Firm games but with other issues more prevalent,I can only assume they have been put on the back burner.

Prepare for the singing support once again being split which will negate any attempt at an atmosphere in the home end;perhaps we should create a block of seats for this purpose or better still move the Hospitality lot to Section J or somewhere adjacant rather than Section A.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Championship
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Bluesy wrote:Woods
Skondras Thomas Gogic Van De Weg
Imrie Crawford Ferguson + 1 of the new guys (Redmond was really poor at Aberdeen)
Oggy Templeton


I’d hope to see Jenkins and Scott with Imrie and Ferguson in midfield and Rojano with Templeton up front
Euan
Championship
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:56 pm

I see Bobby Madden is referee. Alleged ex rangers season ticket holder Bobby Madden that is, just so we know he’ll be totally impartial.
Red and white hoops
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm quietly confident for tomorrow, although dreading Docherty's reaction if he scores...
aldoaccie
Pub League
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:I see Bobby Madden is referee. Alleged ex rangers season ticket holder Bobby Madden that is, just so we know he’ll be totally impartial.

Bobby Madden was great at Tynecastle - took no shite from Levein
Bluesy
Championship
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 pm

aldoaccie wrote:I'm quietly confident for tomorrow, although dreading Docherty's reaction if he scores...


He’ll drap himself in the burnbank loyal flag.
Scotty Tunbridge
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

aldoaccie wrote:I'm quietly confident for tomorrow, although dreading Docherty's reaction if he scores...


Been dreading this all week, but feeling surprisingly confident this morning.

I don’t think Docherty will play, maybe come on late if Rangers are comfortable, but I f he does I don’t anticipate him playing well, as the occasion will get to him.
I’d hope he’d be dignified if he or Rangers did score.
Euan
Championship
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:24 pm

I see I was wrong about Docherty playing, hope he has a stinker.
Euan
Championship
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Gav » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Lyon again !

Hope Jenkins looks good. Still no sign of Kozoronis.
Gav
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Gav » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Stewarding brutal again. What is the point in them.
Gav
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Gav wrote:Stewarding brutal again. What is the point in them.


Better than some previous efforts, They actually huckled a few h*ns in our end this time. Just took them far too long.
Scotty Tunbridge
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Watched the game on tv as I had no desire to sit in the home end surrounded by Rangers fans who by all accounts were once again amongst the accies fans in numbers. Both Lyons and Temps scored excellent goals but with defending like that it really makes no difference. Van der weg doesn’t look the answer to me.
TerracingTomas
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Next

Return to Match Day Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests