Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:03 pm

A must win match
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby Jackbellhfc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Hope we continue the run of wins against the scum.
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:19 am

A big (Season defining) game today with a win putting us 9 off the bottom and sending out a positive post-Docherty message that we’re still here.
The last two games have had the Docherty Circus as a distraction, hardly ideal, so thankfully that’s over and we can concentrate on the matter in hand...beating Dundee.
They’re not in great form, but neither are we. We have a good record against them recently...it won’t be pretty but we can do it.
Not exactly looking forward to it as things could go wrong but here’s hoping!
If I could have chosen to win one game in January, including Well in the Cup, this would be the one.
Euan
Premiership

Postby NB.hafc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 am

Would like to see Miller on the bench today to see his real potential if he comes on.
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Same old story. We go 1 up and lose 2 late goals, with the winner coming in 98 minutes. Templeton sent off in 75 minutes

How much longer can this go on

Martin may be a decent chap but sorry he is just not up to it. Losing our best player did not help of course. I would love to give the new guys time but that is something we simply dont have. generally Accies do not play well between January and March as injuries and suspensions kick in.

For me as I have been saying all season we are going down, its just whether this is automatic relegation or via play offs. Anyone car to disagree and tell me why we are not going down
smc4761
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Utterly dismal performance.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Disagree with the above in that we struggled to get 11 fit players on the pitch at any time today which ultimately led to our downfall.

We are short in midfield and The BOD need to get a replacement in for Docherty-perhaps the likes of Danny Swanson to the end of the season?

We showed more fighting spirit in adversity today than we have last two games.Yes,not a great performance admittedly with Dundee the fitter,more settled team but circumstances cost us:Templeton's free kick off the post and running along the line,going down to ten men when Dundee players committed numerous fouls without being booked,big Oggy being pulled back when he looked onside and being denied a penalty before going down to nine men in injury time.

Today was the day we missed Docherty as his running power would have taken the pressure off the defence when down to 10 men.

The only gripe I have with Canning was his Subs;Templeton should have been off before being sent off as he looked tired and Imrie should have been subbed with one of the young lads with running power/legs on.

We were also playing with a few players short of match fitness due to circumstances.Get in a replacement for Docherty and a left back and I will be more confident.

Skondras,Shaun Want,Rojano and the three subs were all blowing out of their Harrisess so no wonder we made Dundee look like world beaters.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:10 pm

We created absolutely nothing and made life very easy for Dundee's forwards. The amount of space at times in between the wide centre-back and wing-back was alarming, and Imrie and Skondras were run ragged all day with no help. Then there's the complete inability to string a couple of passes together. Like Wednesday, MacKinnon was left to run the midfield himself.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Not grudging Dundee their victory, because they worked hard for it, but I agree with YOH's assessment - circumstances conspired against us today. The windy conditions favoured them in the first half, although they didn't capitalise and ultimately they handled the conditions better. Decisions went against us, and it certainly wasn't a fair reflection that we had a man off and they didn't. If Temps' strike off the post crosses the line - inches of a difference - we're 2-0 up and there's no way back for Dundee.

It was about time they got a result against us, because there's not usually much between the teams, and it's just a pity it was today when we looked able to climb to 7th (as it stood at half time) and put some serious distance between us and the relegation spot(s).

I don't agree with smc4761 that we're going down. That just reads like an angry reaction to a disappointing defeat. Ross County are the worst team in the league, they've already played their joker in changing manager early in the season, and have nothing left. Lose tomorrow and they're looking adrift, albeit we missed a chance to bury them today. The play-off place is contested by 5 teams, ourselves included, but I don't believe we're the worst of them, and I predict we'll finish above 11th.

We need to reorganise our much-changed team. Lewis Ferguson looks a prospect, and maybe the reason our Board were sanguine about selling Docherty, when most of us would rather have kept him till the summer. But he needs time. Sarris is a welcome re-addition to the defence. Competition for places up front can't be a bad thing. Templeton's form will return. We know we're in a relegation dogfight, and Canning is becoming a wily veteran of these campaigns. I back him to keep us up.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Whatever else is said, we can't blame Martin Canning for today's result. Clancy gave his usual performance when refereeing us, multiple yellow cards for us, and few for the opposing team. 5-2 for us or 6-2 counting Temps second. Dundee looked the bigger and more organised team for much of the game, and Danny Redmond, our most creative player, was probably hooked at half time having been yellow carded early in the first half, to avoid a second yellow/red.

Agree that Templeton has gone off the boil for the last month, and desperately need a goal for his confidence. He looked out of it after his first yellow and should have been substituted at that point, even though he can create something from nothing.

Don't let it escape you that Sarris was put on to ensure we had at least a point when down to ten men. The fourth official showed a board of 5 minutes. Last goal is shown scored at 8 minutes into injury time. I don't think McKinnon's injury took another three minutes, but what say you??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

porcupine wrote:Whatever else is said, we can't blame Martin Canning for today's result. Clancy gave his usual performance when refereeing us, multiple yellow cards for us, and few for the opposing team. 5-2 for us or 6-2 counting Temps second. Dundee looked the bigger and more organised team for much of the game, and Danny Redmond, our most creative player, was probably hooked at half time having been yellow carded early in the first half, to avoid a second yellow/red.

Agree that Templeton has gone off the boil for the last month, and desperately need a goal for his confidence. He looked out of it after his first yellow and should have been substituted at that point, even though he can create something from nothing.

Don't let it escape you that Sarris was put on to ensure we had at least a point when down to ten men. The fourth official showed a board of 5 minutes. Last goal is shown scored at 8 minutes into injury time. I don't think McKinnon's injury took another three minutes, but what say you??

Martin is partly to blame. His tactical setup leaves us massively vulnerable in midfield and we were absolutely destroyed in that area. After about an hour we had only one shot on goal.
We did not deserve to win that game, if we didn't play so many loose, sloppy and high balls, we could have retained more possession and not fall victim to the easy fouls that dundee fell down for.
Canning then takes off Antonio Rojano, who is absolutely chasing every ball he possibly can, whilst Templeton is dithering around losing possession. If Templeton went off, we could've tested Rojano and OG as a team. Instead, Templeton gets two sloppy yellows and we are left fucked.

I called Want as a replacement to McMann and he was nearly faultless, he made several good clearing headers and was brave in challenges.

Dougie - Really needs a break, he looked absolutely done at 60 minutes. His delivery is getting more and more dire and he's not showing any form of captaincy on the pitch, with Daz looking more like the captain. Dougie should have been replaced with someone with someone with legs, instead he is visibly too exhausted to close down his man and left massive gaps on the left hand side for Dundee to continually penetrate.

Tomas MOTM imo. He's good at organising and clearing 90% of the balls in the air, closely followed by Daz for work-rate alone.

It's really hard to take anything positive away. Fergusons shot was scooped in for an obvious OG, he was looking VERY comfortable in his position though.

Darian Mackinnon - Apparently could be out for a bit with a serious knee injury. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO FILL HIS BOOTS?!
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 pm

It took along time after the whistle for Daz to be stretchered off. I too feared the worst, even given his usual resilience in tackles. If he is out for a while, we are really clucked unless Kozo turns up to be both fit and fearless. With some 'big' teams to face, MC must be struggling with selection now. Want did do well, Ferguson looks to fit in fine but the next month will show how bare we are in skillful grafters. I DO like Marios, though. Won every header and needs a partner who is quick on his feet to pick up those knock downs. Agreed that Rojano should have stayed on with Temps removed, to see what pressure we could have put Dundee defence under, even with Hendry having a great game there.

Roll on the Aberdeen and Rangers games??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Hammy-hoops » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 am

Just a question, Martin not up to what?
To stay up? Done it against all the odds. At the start of the season there were 2 gimmes according to all the pundits, Celtic to win the league, Accies to be bottom. Still might happen, certain it wouldn't have if not for transfer window.
Great results in first half of season, 3-1 at Easter Road in best overall performance probably since beating Dunfermline 5-0.
2-0 at Ibrox never thought it would happen. Then just before break taking Motherwell apart in second half to win 3-1.
Losing Greg was a hammer blow if someone bigger sees MC as their answer then we certainly will go down.
Just some of the suggestions for manager John Hughes ask Raith Rovers. Paul Hartley? What a coup for Ross County Owen Coyle? What is Martin not up to. Win the league? Agreed. Scottish cup? Top 6 probably.
If leagues were set up according to home support we would be in third tier. We're not largely thanks to Billy Reid Alex Neil & Martin Canning.
Hammy-hoops
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:38 am

Hammy-hoops wrote:Just a question, Martin not up to what?
To stay up? Done it against all the odds. At the start of the season there were 2 gimmes according to all the pundits, Celtic to win the league, Accies to be bottom. Still might happen, certain it wouldn't have if not for transfer window.
Great results in first half of season, 3-1 at Easter Road in best overall performance probably since beating Dunfermline 5-0.
2-0 at Ibrox never thought it would happen. Then just before break taking Motherwell apart in second half to win 3-1.
Losing Greg was a hammer blow if someone bigger sees MC as their answer then we certainly will go down.
Just some of the suggestions for manager John Hughes ask Raith Rovers. Paul Hartley? What a coup for Ross County Owen Coyle? What is Martin not up to. Win the league? Agreed. Scottish cup? Top 6 probably.
If leagues were set up according to home support we would be in third tier. We're not largely thanks to Billy Reid Alex Neil & Martin Canning.

Who said "martin isn't up for it'"?
After taking over from A.N we very nearly were relegated, taken from a comfortable mid table position we only survived due to the horror seasons of DUTD and Killie, A.N accumulated enough points to survive the obvious fallout. Last season M.C broke a 50 + year record on most games without a win for Hamilton, again a team on meltdown certainly helped save us. Canning has a significantly worse win% compared to our previous 2 managers, who both also did not have much of a budget.
After all of that, I have learned to live with the fact we have M.C for better or worse.
I certainly think we have a better group of players than Dundee. I also think we are better than Partick and County. We have over the past 2 seasons dropped a record amount of leads due to bad defending coupled with bad tactical deployment. If we DO have a better team of individuals than these teams, why are we struggling against them? For me personally, I think Canning is tactically inept for the most part, whilst not lacking commitment.
M.C has over 2 decades of defending experience, yet we are continually gifting opportunities from set pieces and crosses.
We suffer from a poor fanbase yes, however is that going to increase in size with the lack of engagement between board and fans? Or the slow-motion-horror unprofessionalism of whoever deals with our website/twitter recent practices.
If the buck doesn't stop with M.C, we should be aiming our frustrations towards the puppet-masters, not the puppet.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:31 am

judgeflash wrote:
Hammy-hoops wrote:Just a question, Martin not up to what?

Who said "martin isn't up for it'"?

smc4761 said it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Graham Neil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm

We were really unfortunate yesterday to be beaten on another day we could have won by a couple.
Martin has the team playing some good stuff and we are 1 win away from going on a run.
A sour note though that some fans are booing Martin and the boys, this does not help get behind the team.
Graham Neil
Pub League

Postby NB.hafc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Dougie genuinely looked like he puffed about 49 fags at half time, just looked knackered all second half and didn’t put much effort in at all.
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Apparently Dougie is playing with an ankle injury?

As for the fans,the players were clapped off the park;only real abuse heard was towards that twit of a Referee who was booking our players for anything and letting them off with their fouls.The boy who kicked Lewis Ferguson should have been sent off first half.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

I said he was not up to it and I stand by that. He has been manager for 3 years now and have we improved. Not at all.

We do have some decent players compared to other teams around bottom of league but MC is simply not getting best out of them. His tactics at best of times are confusing, substitutions are baffling at times. The formations he plays at times only he seems to understand why we play constantly with wingbacks. As a decent defender himself how can he and his team of coaches not do just that coach his defenders to defend. The number of goals we have lost from set plays, the number of times we have surrendered leads is shocking

Now that we may have lost Darian for a few weeks, Greg has gone, I dont see how we can survive that. Suspensions and injuries will also take their toll and we are notoriously hopeless between January and March We have recruited a few but they are generally unknown quantities.

The buck does stop with the manager, but the BOD are not doing him any favours, couple that with the near £1 million we were duped out of, and its good night Vienna, and welcome to Capplielow, Livingston, Dumbarton, Falkirk etc

Would love to be proved wrong but not at all hopeful
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives