Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Well normal service has been resumed at NDP.
I'll start with Canning, he can only take SO much blame, as he does have a wafer thin squad. He IS responsible for man management, tactical analysis and delivery as well as being able to read a game. When it comes to this he is massively failing repeatedly. Our formation woes just continue, everyone can see we NEED to switch to a traditional back 4 except for him, wingbacks are out of position most of the game and offer VERY little. Canning stated that some players should be benched but his squad is so wafer thing, he DOES have the option to recruit younger personnel ALA Shaun Want. I mean, can he do MUCH WORSE? Right now I'd even have Donati at CB alongside Tomas, he showed some ability in that position before.

McCann - I've been very critical of him from last season, his distribution and decision making being my main gripe, now with over 50 professional league appearances, he seems to be getting worse. He is a poor CB and a poor LB. So what exactly does he have to do to be dropped from the team?

Gogic - Never a CB, however offers pace that both Sarris/Tomas dearly lack. He needs benched, ASAP. He would benefit from changing position immediately. He also managed to miss a header from approximately 5 yards off the line into an open net when the keeper had flapped.

Templeton - Twice in a week, he has been one on one with a goalkeeper and chose to selfishly have a shot instead of squaring up Lyon. It was almost identical to the Motherwell game, if he had done this and Lyon scored, we would have broken the deadlock. His form has dropped massively since winning player of the month. I've been asking for him to be put into a winger or CAM role, he had to do so last night when Rojano came on and just disappeared from the game, lacked effort.

Dougie/Lyon wingback combo. Garbage. Lyon is a mystery to me, I don't think he should be anywhere near the squad yet is getting a prime position and time. He was also responsible for not getting goal side for the 1st goal, often leaving his opponent unmarked. Dougie's one footed approach has become a parody now. Whilst he gives his all for the club, I don't see either of them playing any better than Longridge would in that position. Y'know..the guy we let go for free who played a blinder vs Hibs only months before?

Marios Ogboe - Well, a physical front man is something we have missed. Nade wasn't the answer but this big guy put in a shift. He looked to be carrying a bit of weight, however he did give defenders something different to worry about. Worryingly, he's scored only 7 goals in his last 2 seasons with Crete in all competitions, which isn't exactly screaming out prolific goalscorers consdering it's the second tier of football there. The lofted ball to him was proving effective at times but then he stopped becoming the target and we provided sloppy balls easy for the defenders to clear.

Danny Redmond - The one shining grace in our midfield currently, a boy that lacks physical presence but makes up for it in technical ability. WHY was he subbed when we are chasing lead? He is one of our only players capable of linking passes with forwards.

The individual errors aside, we are currently being led by someone tactically inept. Unless he's giving good advice that is not being followed, I've no idea what's going on there. I am sure Martin is passionate about the club as we are, however without the board actually putting their hand in their grubby pockets, we are going to start an epic slide. A wafer thin squad and the powers that be think we need MORE STRIKERS? Two strikers signed..on top of Rakish/Temps/Rojano/Tierney/Boyd who is on loan?
If they think bringing back the Greek is going to solve the issues, we may be doomed.

COMPETENT LB - Competent CB - Competent Attacking Midfielder - These are ABSOLUTE necessities for this transfer window.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm

"Two strikers signed". Who is the other one? Kozo? He's a midfielder.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Jackbellhfc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:39 pm

We are pish and defo going down this season.
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:"Two strikers signed". Who is the other one? Kozo? He's a midfielder.

Mickel Miller and Ogboe. One from the english EIGHT tier and one from the Greek second.
Do you not keep upto date? ;) jeez.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Jackbellhfc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:06 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:"Two strikers signed". Who is the other one? Kozo? He's a midfielder.

Mickel Miller and Ogboe. One from the english EIGHT tier and one from the Greek second.

Name two more iconic leagues.
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Jackbellhfc wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Name two more iconic leagues.

:lol:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Jackbellhfc wrote:We are pish and defo going down this season.

You are so critical bellend.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Jackbellhfc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:
Jackbellhfc wrote:We are pish and defo going down this season.

You are so critical bellend.

Once again you start for no reason other than a comment that u regularly make. Clearly the “bully” victim.
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 pm

judgeflash wrote:

Forgot about him, though technically he hasn't signed yet. We haven't seen the usual signing pic with Canning grinning like a kid on Christmas morning.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:03 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Forgot about him, though technically he hasn't signed yet. We haven't seen the usual signing pic with Canning grinning like a kid on Christmas morning.

Ogboe hadn't 'technically signed' but started last night without Cannings smile. I think we are the last to know when it comes to signings. I'd be happy to bet Miller has already signed, according to his team down south he has.
judgeflash
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives