Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 am

Accies 1(Ziggy Gordon)
Hearts 7.(Naismith,Cochrane,Lafferty,Drew Busby,Levein,Walter Kidd (2),.
Crowd 2,999.
Rakish to miss a really good chance.
Weather-foggy
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:09 am

Usual Admission - Season Books Valid - £22 Adults £12 Concs -

McCarthy & McArthur open from 5.30pm Entry via front door - Season Books to be redeemed PATG to purchase in ticket office if entering front door.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Let's not get bullied off the park , play Hearts on the deck and not by hoofing long balls up the park , that's playing right into Berra and Soutter's hands.

If Naismith play's someone will have to keep a close eye on him for sure.

Not sure who's "fit" and who's not but let's get right at them from the start.

Let's give a "friendly" welcome to Fatman and Sparrow aka Levein and McPhee , I'm sure they'll be expecting it :x

We can get something from this game for sure.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Judging by Jambos Kickback,we will kick them off the park and ruin the career of their boy wonder.

Remind me again who are the dirtiest side in The SPL according to Stats?

As for the game,they are on a roll but no great shakes in the scheme of things.Defensively sound and dogged but no better than the likes of Aberdeen.Only worry for me is we don't have enough options up front.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:14 am

If results go our way tomorrow a win could see us leap up to 6th in the league. Luckily we have *touch wood* superior goal difference to the likes of County and Partick.
According to Canning, Greg should start tomorrow and Rojano is going to be fit. If we could change up the formation and play the ball on the deck, we can defeat Hearts. IF we stick to wingbacks and long balls, we will get bullied off the park.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Hopefully Lewis Ferguson will be given another run out tonight.

Was really disappointed not to get all 3 points from Tyncastle but would probably take a point tonight.

Any news on Ali Crawford?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Bluesy wrote:Hopefully Lewis Ferguson will be given another run out tonight.

Was really disappointed not to get all 3 points from Tyncastle but would probably take a point tonight.

Any news on Ali Crawford?

I was told he wants out before Summer. He has purchased a house in Motherwell recently, so this suggests he's not wanting a move TOO Far away.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 pm

For only the second time since the 50's, I left before then final whistle, @ 45 mins played. Injury time and I couldn't take any more. Our defence is absolutely shocking in their decisions. Hearts were no better in open play than we were but we gifted them three goals, and their forwards pounced on our mistakes each time with clinical finishes.

I had thought that Alex Gogic was a player, but after Fir Park and tonight, I have my doubts at this level. Same with McMann, and Thomas. How MC as a former defender puts up with these performances, heaven knows. Honking defending, was how it was described on BBC.

We are victims of our own failures and it beggars belief that we are still only fourth bottom. I fear the transfer window will be closed for us, where we have no money after the bank scam situation. I cannot be the only one to think that we will see nothing from Sevco for any Docherty transfer. Convince me otherwise!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:11 am

We beat ourselves tonight with defending you don't see at under 10 football.

Sitting comfortable at 0-0 under no danger,looking to, at worst,get one point instead of three and we throw it away with basic defending.

A left back is a must,McMann has had too many chances and hasn't learned from his many cock ups,so a spell on the bench:a central defender to get Gogic into midfield and if Skondras is out,then no Darren Lyon at right back.

A competent defence would have had us with two 0-0 results last two games-that is the difference- and if a Manager who was a defender can't see this there is indeed no hope.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Jackbellhfc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 am

I hope Skondras will be back and playing on Saturday for a must win match.
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 am

According to Radio Scotland,Sarris is coming back.
It just goes from bad to worse...
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 am

If Canning is happy to have him back, no issues...he’s obviously repentant if its being considered.
Not the best player in the world but decent enough at SPL level and would get straight back into the team as probably our best central defender.
Euan
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:06 am

I thought Tomas was good last night, the issue was he was the only one of 4/5 at the back who was. He won more or less everything in the air, ok he ain't the best on the ball but that's not the kinda defender he is. I really like Mcmann who has the ability to be a good defender but he makes too many mistakes. Lyon is not a right back, I don't really know where his position is, another gillespie imo who doesn't have a position but fills in where he is needed and is sub par mostly. Gogic has been honking the past two games, what the f*ck he was doing last night only he will know, on the past two games he has shown he is not good enough. We desperately need reinforcements.

I genuinely feel sorry for Canning who is struggling to get a team on the park. You could see last night how frustrated he was with the defending, nothing he can do about individual mistakes. He needs to rip them a new one and get players in that can give the defence a run for there position. There is not enough competition right now and the guys know that a mistake won't cost them there place in the team.

All in all the only difference last night between the teams was the defences, there defence was solid and our was a shambles.
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:21 am

The new boy won more headers than Bingham has won all season.. only positive last night was him and fergie getting another start.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:43 pm

https://t.co/Vsb0vNAY0t?amp=1

Agree with Canning on this.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby ASAccie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Agree with all of the comments here - a few new defenders needed. Canning has had his hands behind has back the last few games in terms of selection though - who else would you have on at the moment? We have Devlin injured (now off to Preston) and Skondras out suspended. We lack real depth at the back now so would expect Canning to bring in one or two names before the end of Jan.

Really surprised to hear Sarris being mentioned again - apparently he went way beyond the line in comments and actions towards Canning following the Partick Thistle game.
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:According to Radio Scotland,Sarris is coming back.
It just goes from bad to worse...

Heard it last night that he was already back training with us. Not saying he is the answer, but it would allow Gogic to get back into midfield rather than be the last man challenging.

Hearts back four were working in a four-man line throughout the game. We were all over the place, although Tomas DID win most if not all of the headers, otherwise we would have been even worse off. McMann has pace, but he cannot be allowed to continue where his decision making is really poor.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:19 pm

ASAccie wrote:Really surprised to hear Sarris being mentioned again - apparently he went way beyond the line in comments and actions towards Canning following the Partick Thistle game.

Apparently Canning was happy to accept an apology from Sarris and to fine him a couple of weeks wages though. It was Ronnie and Les that wanted shot of him.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:57 pm

And I though we had paid up his contract till the summer to 'get shot of him'. Wonder how that gets repaid? Probably as likely as seeing any money from Sevco for GD. which is apparently going through today.
porcupine
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives