Accies .V. Dundee Utd - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Dundee Utd - Match Thread

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:47 am

Thought the players were still feeling sorry for themselves in the first half. Tena’s goal was the wake up needed and while United were the better team we could have nicked a draw. I listened to Chick Young interviewing Canning before kick off and understand why he left himself out for that game but he needs to play or else we need to find an experienced defender to come in. Interesting to see that Canning left Curier on when he brought on Brophy sacrificing Rutledge and I would like to see that pairing given longer together. Without all the disruption of last week i think we would have won this one. Que sera.
Alfie Olek

Postby Bonjella » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Someone please tell me how in match picture 13 that's a foul which went against Imrie?? on the main site, have a look.

Shocking..
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Beastie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Bonjella wrote:Someone please tell me how in match picture 13 that's a foul which went against Imrie?? on the main site, have a look.

Shocking..

Shocking indeed. The Club should challenge the SFA to issue a retrospective red card for that leg breaker.
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 pm

JNGE........Just Not Good Enough. No point crying over spilled milk, making excuses or blaming everyone else. Couple of decent strikes got us back into the game but apart from that I didn't really see much else, no denying, we were poor.We either need to bring experience in to cover what we've lost or just do what United do and play the kids. Need a huge improvement in effort and confidence for Saturday.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 pm

As the cliché has it, a game of two halves. United dominated the first, we dominated the second; United a tad fortunate to shade it overall.

I thought Canning did a good job, and made an astute assessment in his post-match interview. For whatever reason, we simply didn't compete until we went two down - if we'd shown the same intensity from the start, I think we'd have taken the three points.

No complaints, other than re the officiating. I don't make a habit of criticising referees, but last night's was shocking.

However, overall it's a mark of how far we've come that we're disappointed by a narrow loss, in mitigating circumstances, to what is probably the third best team in Scotland right now.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives