Accies 0 Ross County 3.
Rakish to miss at least the one sitter.
Crowd 709.
(500 Staggies).
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Re: Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Good chance of a win but need to get back to Rojano and Templeton up front + Redmond for Lyon (Donnatti would miss out with one less midfielder)
Thought we were really good in the second half on Wednesday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 pm

A must win when you look at upcoming fixtures
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Usual Admission - Season Books Valid

McCarthy & McArthur Suite open pre match 12pm - 2:45pm however it will be CLOSED after match this is due to prior bookings for Christmas Party nights and the setting up of the events......Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Wrap up expected to be +1 at kick off
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Euan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:A must win when you look at upcoming fixtures

It’s one of those weekends where it could be great for us eg if we win and Thistle-Dundee Kilmarnock-Motherwell draw and St Johnstone and Hearts lose...but equally bad if we lose and Thistle Kilmarnock St Johnstone and Hearts win.
We need to get back to our undefeated ways.
Euan
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Was very scrappy but a great 3 points.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm usually reluctant to label any game a "must-win", but the way other games turned out, it was just as well we won.

An odd selection, I thought, but who knows who's playing with a wee niggle? After ringing the changes at Celtic Park, I thought we'd see more like the team before that, which it almost was - I liked the replacement of Lyon with Redmond in the starting XI, but not so much Bingham for Rojano, although Rakesh did well to be fair. Surprised no place on the bench for Gillespie, which now means he comes in cold for Skondras, unless Lyon gets the nod at right wing back.

I thought we were the better side in the first half, worth our lead, and with more luck in front of goal could have scored again and put it out of reach for County. Give them their due, they came back second half, we lost our way a bit, and it became a slugfest. Decisions didn't seem to go our way, but we lost our shape, got bogged down, and nearly ended up drawing a game we should always have won.

Redmond did well, very combative. Docherty is off the boil, but always gives 100% work-rate. I think Rojano will start again after today - Templeton certainly seems to work better with him, and both of them carry a real goal threat. MacKinnon and Imrie know how to win a game like today's. And great to see Ally back.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Priceless 3 points from when twice we looked like we’d thrown it away.

County had about 4 chances including a 1v1 before we’d even mustered an effort.

Never a penalty for imrie and even debatable if it was in the box but would need to see it again. Was consistent though for a very poor ref. Great to see we’re a threat from set pieces finally.

Skondras was wired, had a punch at their sub Keillor Dunn when he tried to break forward when he was pulling his shirt, went head to head with one of their players 5 minutes later and a stronger ref would’ve carded them both. And then during the fracas he man handles the ref by pulling him back by the neck, madness.

Brilliant 3 points
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Reading all the players' comments on Twitter, there's no doubting how big a win that was today.

Could prove very important when placings are being decided at the end of the season.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby ASAccie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:14 pm

What a game - it had everything! 5 goals, 2 reds, 2 pens and a scrap - thought the Ref was consistently poor throughout for both sides for most of the game.

That being said, after watching it back - Imrie was clever and by the letter of the law it is a penalty. He gets his body between Gardyne and the ball before being brought down, albeit I would say it was soft.

What the hell was Rojano thinking for the penalty he gave away?! Very much an awkward, strikers tackle - no need for it. Reminded me of the one we won against Killie when Docs was brought down in the box by Smith whilst running away from goal earlier this season.

Replays show Shalke was offside for their 2nd - annoying.

Skondras is a complete eejit for his antics in that brawl. He was winding up their players for most of the game, and just looked like he wanted a scrap - like Daz c.2013. Sportscene replays clearly show him throwing a punch, grabbing the ref and trying to throw him out of the way. Total heads gone stuff and now we are missing him for god knows how many games.

Annoyingly the County player who had one of our lads in a choke-hold seems to have escaped punishment...

Absolute scenes after our 3rd - well done to Rojano for getting something on the delivery. Quality ball in from Crawford, although it should have never been a free kick... Dougie just slips and falls... another poor call from the ref.

Huge three points though - we've seen decisions like those go against us (corner for Aberdeen's equaliser in Nov should have been a GK as an example) - so we'll take them when we can.

Fingers crossed we can do the business at Partick Thistle next weekend!
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm assuming Skondras will be seeing in Christmas with his rellies in Greece. A very convenient red card, when he thought the game was probably won (it very nearly wasn't).
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Well the game was certainly no technical classic but had a lot of drama.
Watched back the highlights on Sportscene to get a better look at the penalty.
From where I sat it looked like a typical Dougie dive, he likes to come across the player at the last second and take the fall, Ref fell for it which is fine.
The level of officiating during the match was abysmal, even for SPL standard. The onus cannot be on just the main referee, as the linesmen both seemed inept also.
Too often during this match I felt our back 3 quickly became a flat back 5, inviting pressure and crosses.
Redmon was targetted all game by *forget his name, wore yellow boots for County* He fouled him 4 times, without a booking. The one thing with Redmond being in the centre is he does tend to get bullied, however I felt he faired VERY well including winning a few aerial balls!
Bingham showed some skill, yet again though he ends up getting poor delivery all game and the fans are very quick to get on his back. Templeton played just as poorly yet gets a break for now.
Playing from the back continues to be a problem, the distribution at times is HONKING.
Gary woods deserves a medal of honor for that reaction save at the end, it took great strength to turn that one over. SO SO Glad we stuck with him instead of trying to invest in Remi.
The nonsense at the end - Skondras seen red mist, it happens to nearly every player at one point in their career. He was shoved pretty hard and had two separate players go head to head with him *literally* the pokey-punch was just very silly.
I'm hoping Skondras missing on the right doesn't mean he reverts to putting One Peg Dougie back out there, as he wasted away there for nearly a season before.
Maybe if Gillespie is match fit this could be his role for the mean time.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives