Old match day threads will be moved here

Celtic .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Celtic .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:18 pm

If we get a large slice of luck we may take something.

But I think most of us are writing this off in advance. We're not good at parking the bus. I'd settle for keeping the score down.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 am

Celtic 1 (Armstrong) Accies 6 (Rojano, Templeton, Tomas, Imrie pen, Woods (direct from a goal kick) and a late McMann strike.
Leigh Griffiths to miss at least one sitter.
Attendance 4,305.(5 Away fans).
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 am

Celtic 2-0 Accies
In an attempt to be funny amoutahere1874 downs a litre of cheap cider pre game. On arrival at the Celtic Park he staggers in front of oncoming traffic and ends up in the nearby Royal infirmary with leg injuries. (4 away fans)
Euan
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 am

Thats twice you have wished injury on this chap ...in an attempt to be funny .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Celtic 1 (Armstrong) Accies 6 (Rojano, Templeton, Tomas, Imrie pen, Woods (direct from a goal kick) and a late McMann strike.
Leigh Griffiths to miss at least one sitter.
Attendance 4,305.(5 Away fans).

You can't score direct from a goal kick. Mind you, with our refs...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Euan wrote:Celtic 2-0 Accies
In an attempt to be funny amoutahere1874 downs a litre of cheap cider pre game. On arrival at the Celtic Park he staggers in front of oncoming traffic and ends up in the nearby Royal infirmary with leg injuries. (4 away fans)

I'll give you a free hit before kicking the shit out of you the Accies way, Caveman style, like Lenny says bawbag.
Bring it on.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Thats twice you have wished injury on this chap ...in an attempt to be funny .

Just my prediction:) not wishing injury on anyone.

Edit: punchline was 4, not 5 away fans, cause he got run over ;)
Last edited by Euan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 pm

I thought it was funny...and about as relevant as amoutahere1874’s predictions
I might make a series of funny predictions about him like the just William books, might even get a tv contract.
His next mishap is when he slips on a dog shit on the way to the match and twists his knee while getting shit on his hands :)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:33 pm

You're a Dick Euan.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm

8-1 celtic
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Results went our way tonight with Dundee losing and Killie and Ross County drawing.

We could get a draw but realistically the best we can hope for is a narrow defeat to keep the goal difference respectable as it may come down to that at the end of the season.
Regarding form, they are not playing as well and we're playing better than at the last meeting but at Celtic Park I can't see us taking anything from the game unfortunately.
I'd switch to a back 4, with a 4231 formation

Woods
Skondras Sarris Tomas McMann
McKinnon Donati
Templeton Docherty Imrie
Rojano
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Woods
Gillespie Tomas gogic McMann
Docherty donati McKinnon redmond imrie
Bingham

Makes sense to me that line up resting templeton and rojano, i’d have went further and rested docherty McKinnon and imrie
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Woods
Gillespie Tomas gogic McMann
Docherty donati McKinnon redmond imrie
Bingham

Makes sense to me that line up resting templeton and rojano, i’d have went further and rested docherty McKinnon and imrie

Didn't realise that was the actual line-up: thought you were being quite radical!

Rojano's not even in the bench - is he injured?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 pm

From Accies Twitter: "Night off for Antonio Rojano, all being well he’ll be fine for Saturday v Ross County"

Suggests he's injured/ill without actually saying so. I imagine he's gutted to be dropped for the biggest game since he arrived. Maybe a hint he needs to sharpen up?

5 changes to the team. If this works, and we get a result, Martin's a hero. If it doesn't, and we get gubbed, he gets slagged for 'selection bingo'. High risk stuff, but do you know what?, if ever there was a game worth an experiment, this is it. Nobody expects us to take anything.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm

http://crickfree.net/soccer/celtic-hami ... 1838564369

I was unable to attend due to coaching tonight, I found this stream online if anyone wants to watch the second half. this is from celticTV not one of the national broadcasters, so shouldn't get anyone into trouble.
Celtic are looking for scalps it looks like.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 am

Good performance by what was an Accies "fringe" team.

The third goal killed us after McMann was caught dilly-dallying in possession which left us with a hard task second half.I would say he was also culpable for the first via ball-watching allowing Ncham to score with a great strike.

At the game,most of us thought if we scored a second it would/could have been squeaky bum time and so it should have been-Bingham having two "Brophyesque" moments when he should really have scored twice.This was also the case when a great run by Docherty would have resulted in a tap in if squared correctly.

Donati and Redmond looked to have did enough for me to merit a start on Saturday at the expense of Sarris/Lyon.

Would have been interesting if we had played our first choice team,but easy to see why Canning did what he did giving squad players some much needed game time.Surprised he never gave Biabi a chance,although young Ross Cunningham is obviously of more interest than a loan player.

We are no worse than any team out with the top four on our game;we just need to have that belief the likes of that overhyped Killie team currently have.

As for Bingham-what is Jason Scotland teaching him as it doesn't look like it is how to finish.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Good performance by what was an Accies "fringe" team.

The third goal killed us after McMann was caught dilly-dallying in possession which left us with a hard task second half.I would say he was also culpable for the first via ball-watching allowing Ncham to score with a great strike.

At the game,most of us thought if we scored a second it would/could have been squeaky bum time and so it should have been-Bingham having two "Brophyesque" moments when he should really have scored twice.This was also the case when a great run by Docherty would have resulted in a tap in if squared correctly.

Donati and Redmond looked to have did enough for me to merit a start on Saturday at the expense of Sarris/Lyon.

Would have been interesting if we had played our first choice team,but easy to see why Canning did what he did giving squad players some much needed game time.Surprised he never gave Biabi a chance,although young Ross Cunningham is obviously of more interest than a loan player.

We are no worse than any team out with the top four on our game;we just need to have that belief the likes of that overhyped Killie team currently have.

As for Bingham-what is Jason Scotland teaching him as it doesn't look like it is how to finish.

Biabi is away back to Swansea in 2 weeks so what's the point in playing him if other require game time?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby really? » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:09 am

Redmond always impresses - great at picking out a pass - great finisher - don't know why he doesn't start every week.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 am

Redmond was really good last night and surely needs to start on Saturday. Not so sure about Donati (a few great passes and a few terrible ones).
Gogic was great all through the game.
I thought we did well and grew into the game.
3 really good chances in the second half and Celtic didn't have too many in that period.
Came away from that reasonably happy but hope to see Templeton and Rojano back on Saturday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives