Celtic .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Celtic .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 am

Bluesy wrote:Redmond was really good last night and surely needs to start on Saturday. Not so sure about Donati (a few great passes and a few terrible ones).
Gogic was great all through the game.
I thought we did well and grew into the game.
3 really good chances in the second half and Celtic didn't have too many in that period.
Came away from that reasonably happy but hope to see Templeton and Rojano back on Saturday.

I think Donati’s defensive work was pretty good. He’s not like MacKinnon - who obviously prefers to be a hard-tackling defensive midfielder - as he relies a lot more on his defensive positioning due to a lack of, well, legs. He’s very good at plugging gaps and reading the game, and is definitely our most intelligent player. I prefer him in midfield, but I’m not sure if him and MacKinnon can work in the same team if playing a back five, especially against teams our level.
His passing is better than anyone in the team and despite some not coming off, the ones that do cut teams open. Last season he also had the most successful forward passes/90 by a non-Celtic player.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Gogic is another one - usually very impressive, very glad when he re-signed - adds strength - but doesn't get '1st' team start - if I was the manager, Redmond and Gogic would be two of the first names on the team sheet, but I suppose Martin knows more about football than me.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 pm

really? wrote:Gogic is another one - usually very impressive, very glad when he re-signed - adds strength - but doesn't get '1st' team start - if I was the manager, Redmond and Gogic would be two of the first names on the team sheet, but I suppose Martin knows more about football than me.

The only issue in playing Redmond is when playing alongside the likes of Ali, it leaves us desperately outpowered and at a distinct height disadvantage.
I did call for the Donati return, I think he would do a good job in the centre of midfield playing off the strikers, he can pick out a pass and is always keen to get the ball to his feet.
Gogic is a must at centre back, tonnes of fight and the more training/game time he gets at CB the better he will become.
Mcmann..shows why he's not convincing as a left back *how long's it been since we had a reliable LB?*
Bingham, I have no idea how he managed to not score, he does the hard work by using his pace but gets his feet into terrible positions to shoot at times. Maybe it's time for Jason Scotland to donate him his old boots.
judgeflash
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives