Re: Accies .V. Hibs - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am

3-1 Accies.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:38 am

If we play like we did against Aberdeen at home then a win. If we revert to the long ball tactics we usually deploy at home then a narrow defeat.

Just kid on we're away from home and take them on with 2 up front again please. The last 3 games have been fantastic!

Our performance at Easter Road earlier in the season was as good a performance as I've seen from Accies - total domination.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Reminder McCarthy & McArthur suite open from 12 until 2:45 and again for an hour after the match.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:32 am

Based on Accies losing at home to Sevco and winning away,
Quite often a low comes straight after a massive high.
Hibs won't be as sloppy two games in a row either
Head ruling heart says Accies 1,Hibs 2.
Temps and a Murray double for Hibs.
Crowd 3,874.
Hope I'm wrong,only an opinion.
Ftw
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Based on Accies losing at home to Sevco and winning away,
Quite often a low comes straight after a massive high.
Hibs won't be as sloppy two games in a row either
Head ruling heart says Accies 1,Hibs 2.
Temps and a Murray double for Hibs.
Crowd 3,874.
Hope I'm wrong,only an opinion.
Ftw

You've lost your mojo regarding the crowd predictions; 2,945 with 1,482 in home stand. I couldn't make it sadly but happy with a point. That's our last five DWDWD so maybe another hoodoo broken next week at Tynecastle. Haven't won there since about 1977 I believe.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Excellent point given that 1st half pounding we took. Hibs were dominant, made the pitch huge and didn’t allow us to get at them, Bartley and mcgeouch ran the show and the pace of the guy barker for the breakaway for Murray’s goal was incredible.

No efforts on goal or even close to that from us all first half.

And then Martin changed it, stuck imrie on bartley and moved Lyon out left and it worked perfectly as Bartley never got a kick but dougie started getting wee touches in and around their back 4. It also forced Whittaker back who virtually played as a right winger in the first half.

We scored from our only effort all game which is great but we need to be creating much more.

But hats off to Martin for changing it at half time and dealing with the threat. :D
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:23 pm

The measure of a team is how they are able to still get results whilst playing poorly.
Pretty honking game of football, 5 at the back clearly was not working, took Canning 45 minutes to adapt though, which if like our previous luck could have been too little too late. The whole in the centre of our midfield was wide open, which Hibs took great pleasure in running riot within.
No one really played well, Sarris and Tomas are not the pairing, I think Gogic will have to slot back in there, as he can at least match most forwards for pace.
Some of our passing from the back from Mcmann *surprise surprise* and Tomas was SO SO SO poor.
Rojano is a PLAYER. It's really refreshing to see such passion and controlled aggression.
Dougie's diving is cringeworthy, twice I counted he threw himself to the floor looking for a foul *one a penalty* and it was so blatantly contrived a part of me died inside. With the focus on simulation at an all time high, I like that most of the time, our guys aren't going down for no reason.
Think Lyon maybe wasn't the man to be in that position yesterday. I was unconvinced with him last season but a goal against Rangers is worthy of some patience.

MOTM was Woods for me, constant professional, especially the low shot that came through A LOT of traffic and he seen very late.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:59 pm

judgeflash wrote: The whole in the centre of our midfield was wide open, which Hibs took great pleasure in running riot within.

'Whole of' or 'hole in'? ;)

Not the first game where this has been the case. Rangers at home being the example where we got punished most.

The thing is, who plays there? Two of our most lauded players, MacKinnon and Docherty. Maybe, despite some eye-catching play, they're not doing the main job they're sent out to do? Just asking the question...
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote: The whole in the centre of our midfield was wide open, which Hibs took great pleasure in running riot within.

'Whole of' or 'hole in'? ;)

Not the first game where this has been the case. Rangers at home being the example where we got punished most.

The thing is, who plays there? Two of our most lauded players, MacKinnon and Docherty. Maybe, despite some eye-catching play, they're not doing the main job they're sent out to do? Just asking the question...

Auto correct you tart :D
When we are playing a 5, we should be stretching teams and playing channel play, instead rattled lofted balls up and down the pitch. with 4 in the middle we are a MUCH better team.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives