Old match day threads will be moved here

St. Johnstone .V. Accies - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: St. Johnstone .V. Accies - Match Thread

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Our away record/form is not great - so time to change that with another win; although a draw will be fine.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:22 pm

I've got a bad feeling about this one. The same team would be good but can't see Neil playing again so I suppose we'll have to put up with Routledge who I've gone right off since I came on hear singing his praises after the play off game at TFS.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:50 am

A home game for me, so realy looking forward to this. We need Alex in the team the amount he wins in the air amazing and he is by far the best midfeilders in the team if not the league!

Think it will be a 2-2 draw
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 pm

3 points today isn't beyond us but is essential IMO as most of the top 6 are playing the bottom 6. Good chance to create a bigger gap and also keep up with the pacesetters. Good luck lads.

PS Would like to see Brophy getting more game time, I like the way he attacks players, gets them on the back foot and causes problems. IMO with a few games under his belt he could be as big a player as Stevie May was for us when on loan
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Yes, yes, yes. Another amazing win. And results elsewhere (Firhill specifically) mean we move up to third.

Must remember to renew my passport... :shock:
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Well done lads, knew you could do it. Created a few chances once again and deserved the win.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Great stuff again but slightly worried by the pics on twitter. I hope that wasn't Tony saying his goodbyes to the fans.

Ten points ahead of the team in SIXTH!!!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby WILF » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Ok, I'm maybe getting carried away but.....what a fantastic result AGAIN!!!!

This Accies team is the real deal, we will never ever have a better chance to qualify for Europe or (I'm going to say it) WIN the premier league!! Yes, we are a selling club but surely we must try and retain all members of this squad until the end of the season. This might never ever happen again!!

So proud to be an Accie!! We play Utd and Celtic next ..... If we have a full squad would you bet against this team getting 6 points???
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Great stuff again but slightly worried by the pics on twitter. I hope that wasn't Tony saying his goodbyes to the fans.

Ten points ahead of the team in SIXTH!!!

This was my first thoughts also!

Mac should have put that game out of sight! SH is starting to look like £1m what a cross to #22 and what a finish by the player of the sesion! Don't sell #22

Gils, Devlin and Canzo were all very solid, DI ran his guts out and was again very good.

AC is becoming a fantastic player he put one on a plate for MAC to blow.

A very profesional display!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Was pretty worried, listening online, that our failure to put away all those chances was going to come back and bite us - thankfully we didn't concede though :D

Seems like we had a pretty dominant performance too, 3 more points. That *should* be us safe from relegation now, so let's push for Europe, all or nothing!!
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Good performance. Got a bit nervy at the end without St Johnstone really troubling McGovern. Crawford looked pretty good as did the two centre backs but Gills was MotM, in my opinion, with Hendrie closely behind him. I genuinely can't believe that we're even speaking about potentially getting Europe - just shows how far we've come as a team.
Seemed like that was 22 saying bye, I reckon.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:54 pm

accies1874 wrote:Good performance. Got a bit nervy at the end without St Johnstone really troubling McGovern. Crawford looked pretty good as did the two centre backs but Gills was MotM, in my opinion, with Hendrie closely behind him. I genuinely can't believe that we're even speaking about potentially getting Europe - just shows how far we've come as a team.

Did #22 not come over to the fans at the RC game could just be what he does at away games! Please God let me be correct!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:59 pm

H9crx wrote:
accies1874 wrote:Good performance. Got a bit nervy at the end without St Johnstone really troubling McGovern. Crawford looked pretty good as did the two centre backs but Gills was MotM, in my opinion, with Hendrie closely behind him. I genuinely can't believe that we're even speaking about potentially getting Europe - just shows how far we've come as a team.

Did #22 not come over to the fans at the RC game could just be what he does at away games! Please God let me be correct!

Cant really remember but I'm hoping your right.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm

H9crx wrote:

Yes he did.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby simonswimmer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:30 pm

All the players came over and applauded the fans so I wouldn't read too much into Tony doing it. I reckon accies won't let him leave til the end of the season. He's far too important to the team and they'll struggle to find a replacement of the same standard within their budget. Isn't he under contract til the end of next season?

Team were good today. Mac was under par. Gillespie man of the match.

Nice of McFadden to give us all a good laugh near the end too.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Not that much difference between today's performance and the one last week at Killie.

Thought Gillespie and Hendrie were great. Imrie was also super today.

I don't think 3-0 would've flattered Accies today. MAC needs to start taking the numerous chances he gets laid on a plate for him.

Big two games coming up.....will go a long way to deciding if we can challenge for Europe. :D

The football that Accies continue to try and play is fantastic.

......that pitch was horrendous!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:08 pm

McFadden has been offered a two match ban on top his suspension for his reaction on Sunday after being reported by the compliance officer who was at the game .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:41 pm

I don't understand this two match ban when the compliance officer gets involved. So he could have head butted someone, got a red and only missed one match but a GIUY gesture is worth two matches????
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:17 pm

I would back any move by Accies / Accies' fans to let the SFA know that it was a bit of fun. We were singing "you're not famous anymore" and he gave the GIUY gesture. No harm done at all and was light hearted stuff. A substantial ban is ridiculous for that and I would hate Accies to be known for fans claiming to be offended by it.
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives