Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 pm

A few tough games coming up so 3 points please. Motherwell might be starting to recover but still not great shakes. if 22 is playing and it's his last game, let's make it a winning one.
Alfie Olek

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Am I missing something re #22??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Am I missing something re #22??

Not yet but there does seem to be a body of opinion that he will be away in the transfer window. I hope not but we can only watch and wait for developments.
Alfie Olek

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks, Alfie, was my reading of situation as well......just wandered if I missed some news.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:35 pm

As for the match itself, I don't see why Accies should be worried.

Thought they played reasonably v Killie and should've beaten a poor team.

That said, Accies need to be more clinical in last third, taking their chances and moving the ball faster.

I predict a 3-1 victory for the hoops.....happy Ne'er to the filthy scoundrels of NL.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby View From Afar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:00 pm

I wonder when the last time was that Accies went into a ne'erday fixture against Motherwell as favourites? 80 years ago??? It's an odd position to be in for most Accies fans!

On current form and league position, we should win but we have tended not to on such occasions in the recent past - let's hope its different this time. I have a feeling it will be but my fingers will still be firmly crossed! :D
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Same team again probably; although Neil is unlikely to play 3 games in 8 days so will he miss this one?

Hopefully Tony gets back on form as he has been the difference repeatedly this season.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Fantastic. That was 5-0 going on 10.

I've never known a season when we have absolutely owned Motherwell like this. And seeing how quick their fans were to leave, I wonder how many they'd have if they'd had to put up with what we have, over the years?

On that showing we have nothing to fear in Perth.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Well that was good wasn’t it? Don’t you just enjoy it when the opposing teams fans leave in their hundreds and there is still half an hour to go. A thoroughly excellent all round team performance in which our goalie had little or nothing to do. Great to see dougie on the scoresheet. Heh great to see everyone on the scoresheet :D Could have been 7/8 nil. Given the weather and lack of public transport I suppose a crowd of 3926 was alright of which the BBC said just over 1500 were Well fans. Sadly no need for the gazebo.
Alfie Olek

Postby View From Afar » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:13 pm

That was just about as comprehensive a win as you can get! We scored 5, it should have been 8 or 9 with a hat trick for Curier, we don't concede a goal and our keeper doesn't even have a shot to save. Easy!!! Some of our football was a delight to watch and our workrate and pressing and general desire to compete was so impressive from every single player. I have never seen Accies do so well in my life and we are clear leaders of the development league too - the future really is bright.

Well done to Alex and all the players, management and directors - and thanks!!!

There was a general media consensus before the season started that the Championship was going to be the most competitive and interesting league in Scotland because Celtic were going to run away with the top division but which league has the runaway leaders now and which league has the top five teams separated by only 5 points!!!
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby NaeVay » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Incredible match today, proud of our boys.
Great to see so many names on the score sheet too plus Brophy getting a run out, proving there may be life after Andreu.

Bring on St J!
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Best result v Well for at least 70 years!!!! Superb team effort throughout. Well done to all. Celebration drinks tonight after last night's abstinence, lads :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Wee Ali and Dougie Imrie were just unplayable today. Crawford for Scotland, who is laughing now? Lewis McLeod worth £1m - hasn't kicked a ball in our top league yet! Although we were all over them we still needed Canning and Devlin to have top games, great partnership but Jesus very unlucky to be out of the team. MAC needs to practice his shooting and learn that placement sometimes beats power but good to see him get the goal he richly deserved. And we still have Ziggy to come back!

The top of the table looks incredible tonight.

Would take a draw at Perth, keep it at seven points, then no reason why we can't continue surprising folk at home and on telly against DU and Celtic.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Wake me up, everyone, I had dreamed that over three games this season, we had beaten 'the best team in Lanarkshire' 10-0. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Thank you Alex and all the players.......5-0 against Motherwell .....doesn't get much better....onwards and upwards.
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby View From Afar » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:37 pm

BBC match stats:

Possession
58% Accies 42% Well

Shots on Goal
20 Accies 3 Well

Shots on Target
8 Accies 0 Well

:D :D :D :D :D
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby RyanT » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Just finished watching the game on Alba...

Wow, just wow!

The way we were pinging the ball around at times today was world class, and for the majority of the game Motherwell barely got a sniff of the ball. Some good attacking play, and chances well taken - we could have scored at least a few more than the 5 we got, but let's not be too greedy :P

There were a couple of chances Motherwell had that were given on poor defending by us, but thankfully they failed to take them.

Great to see Brophy get some time in the first team.

What a start to 2015!!
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:45 am

I hope someone remembered to wake McGovern before they locked up NDP last night , as during the game he was slumped against a goalpost with with a bottle of champagne singing 'old land syne' he was sleeping like a log when the ref blew for full-time :lol:

Just phoned the police about there appeal for the missing person , the Sutton family can rest easy i seen him catching a sneak out of Canzo's back pocket as the big man left the pitch :P

Jingle bells , jingle bells , jingle all the way , oh what fun it is to pump the well on New Years Day ,

WE WANT SIX , WE WANT SIX .

THANK YOU ACCIES FOR THE BEST NEW YEARS DAY EVER !!!!!
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:51 am

Fantastic result, not just scoring 5, but the possession and chances created. 5-0 flattered Motherwell I think, it could easily have been 10. Need to keep it going and take as many points from upcoming games. Well done lads.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives