Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Well, that was just a shambles all round.

Positives? It wasn't more than 4.

Ali - He has admitted himself that he was rotten, he didn't get a lot to work with and was quickly closed down on each attack.
Jamieson - Utter incompetence. He seems to lack concentration and any form of speed. Zero communication skills with his defenders. NEEDS REPLACED ASAP.
Gogic - I won't be giving him too much pelters, he's being forced to play centre back which isn't his natural position and had to do A LOT of cover for the gaps created by playing wingbacks.
Mccmann - See Jamieson.
Canning - We know he is tactically inept 99% of the time, I did say before the game that we cannot continue the same exact tactical setup EVERY game and expect teams not to wisen up. Rangers had a field day exposing our wings. We made Rangers look like world beaters with how shit our defending was. Only when we switched to a back 4 did we look semi-competent.
The team played overall poorly matched with poor tactical setup/team choice, lose lose.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
Red and white hoops wrote:Poor performance all round. Rangers are not a good side at all but we made them look good. For the first 15 minutes I thought we did very well, we were in their faces and attacking at pace. After the first goal of theirs though that seemed to disappear, the heads went down and we were not going to get back into it.

Woods was a big miss and Jamieson was extremely poor in my opinion looked way out his depth. Hopefully Fulton Is a better keeper to come in against Motherwell. To be beaten at his near post twice is crazy. Daz too, a massive miss. Greg done as well as could be expected but a holding midfielder is not his position. Maybe would have been better with Donatti in there to push Greg in with Ali.

Away from the game, stewarding was a joke yet again when the gruesome twosome come to Hamilton. SLO saying on Twitter that the directive to stewards was to eject Rangers fans in the home end. This didn’t happen. Two were pointed out by several Accies fans up the back behind the away dugout after they celebrated the first goal. Stewards did nothing!!


This did happen ! I saw it and directed stewards following complaints made to me and saw stewards eject others.

As I’ve said on twitter I will continue to make feedback to the club,

If they were in the back row it’s possible they were in the hospitality and again like I have stated on twitter I will ask the club to review how they place hospitality fans and where they are seated as this is causing issues within Home support.

by goal number 4 of rangers, Rangers fans were STILL celebrating in the Accies end.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:26 pm

For me, we lose 3 players through the spine of our team and we have no adequate replacements. What canning was thinking of docherty being a holding midfielder only he knows. When he's got donati and even gogic to a certain extent who would be more comfortable in there.

The first 2 goals are gifts at any level of football and for a number 2 keeper with a chance to shine I thought he was poor. Skondras done him no favours though and tomas' guff clearance which led to the equaliser was awful.

And again another game where we play 10 for a large portion of the game(celtic, Motherwell, st Johnstone) and it seems thats the trigger for our players to say 'thank fuck, they're down to 10, I'm not going to get the hole run out me for the rest of the game, I can take it easy and do safe passes in my own half without hurting the opposition'.

Not one player grabbed the game and acted as the spur to get back into and canning again sticks with easy subs. Take a chance and gamble ffs. Has he still got this goal difference mentality in his head from last season that he'd rather lose 3-1 and its damage limitations on the goal difference.

4 really big games coming up next
Big Wurzil
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby 90mins+ET » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Disappointed as we managed to make a poor sevco team look good.
The early goal seemed to disrupt whatever game plan we had.
Another relegation scrap looks likely.
90mins+ET
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 pm

If only we had a chairman like Roy MacGregor.
A chairman with balls.
Amoutahere1874
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:19 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
Red and white hoops wrote:Poor performance all round. Rangers are not a good side at all but we made them look good. For the first 15 minutes I thought we did very well, we were in their faces and attacking at pace. After the first goal of theirs though that seemed to disappear, the heads went down and we were not going to get back into it.

Woods was a big miss and Jamieson was extremely poor in my opinion looked way out his depth. Hopefully Fulton Is a better keeper to come in against Motherwell. To be beaten at his near post twice is crazy. Daz too, a massive miss. Greg done as well as could be expected but a holding midfielder is not his position. Maybe would have been better with Donatti in there to push Greg in with Ali.

Away from the game, stewarding was a joke yet again when the gruesome twosome come to Hamilton. SLO saying on Twitter that the directive to stewards was to eject Rangers fans in the home end. This didn’t happen. Two were pointed out by several Accies fans up the back behind the away dugout after they celebrated the first goal. Stewards did nothing!!


This did happen ! I saw it and directed stewards following complaints made to me and saw stewards eject others.

As I’ve said on twitter I will continue to make feedback to the club,

If they were in the back row it’s possible they were in the hospitality and again like I have stated on twitter I will ask the club to review how they place hospitality fans and where they are seated as this is causing issues within Home support.


They were in the back row Sean, but hospitality or not, they should not be openly celebrating goals for the away team when sitting in amongst the Accies end and goading home fans.
Red and white hoops
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 am

Maybe they were overcome with laughter at the Clown Cannings tactical formation.
Or the shambolic Jamieson maybe?
Or Rakish's obligatory miss.
Or the pathetically hopeless McMann?
The list goes on.
Amoutahere1874
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:14 am

Why not suspend ALL season ticket seats for the visit of the glasgow clubs then have a section of seats for season ticket holders to sit (the club know how many they will need)
put one of those tarpaulin things down the stand with a couple of stewards checking for books at the top and bottom of the entrance stairs to the stand
Sell what tickets are left for the Sainsbury's end then any away fans will be easily identified as they would be in one area AND MORE IMPORTANTLY season ticket holders could sit in the section reserved without upset to other book holders seat they sat in(as is the case under current arrangements) there would be plenty of choice as some dont turn up.
As it stands now it is a shambles and i would not bother attending the other 2 games this season.
Chase Outlaw
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Why not suspend ALL season ticket seats for the visit of the glasgow clubs then have a section of seats for season ticket holders to sit (the club know how many they will need)
put one of those tarpaulin things down the stand with a couple of stewards checking for books at the top and bottom of the entrance stairs to the stand
Sell what tickets are left for the Sainsbury's end then any away fans will be easily identified as they would be in one area AND MORE IMPORTANTLY season ticket holders could sit in the section reserved without upset to other book holders seat they sat in(as is the case under current arrangements) there would be plenty of choice as some dont turn up.
As it stands now it is a shambles and i would not bother attending the other 2 games this season.


that is just a recipe for chaos.
the club are hiring in this security group at a cost, every time the old firm visit their is trouble. The club are obviously not communicating the rules of the ground or the security group are not willing to enforce. Every time the past 2 seasons the old firm have had fans in our end, who are easily identified and are not escorted out *PER RULES OF THE CLUB* instead, usually given a lovely middle section as a reward .
judgeflash
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:49 pm

You COULD NOT GET MORE choatic than the present set up.

Looking at the stand from the pitch
Right section Ranges/Celtic fans (as per normal)
Centre section press, comps ,corparate ect
left section All seasons including displaced ticket holders the club know how many seats they need and propely stewarded it would work put the tarpaulin in and sell the rest simplicity itself
Chase Outlaw
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Best idea would be to just FORFEIT the points in all ugly sisters fixtures.
Lay on a Marquee for ALL Accies fans with a steak and chips meal,with a few free drinks thrown in from the funds made from the UEFA SOLIDARITY PAYMENTS thanks to Sellic Fc.
(Since there is zero chance of it being spent on the team or recruiting a decent head coach).
And we could all reminisce of the good old days with a cinema projection screening of any Alex Neil era Accies game.
Amoutahere1874
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 pm

http://content.invisioncic.com/Mrangmed ... 5a6975.png



So,we give one of our Sponsors a wad of home end tickets for his Rangers supporting friends by the looks of it instead of getting the sponsorship cash up front by the looks of it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 am

The steak and chips idea is best.

Just forfeit the points,save all the hassle of policing and potential trouble,and most importantly avoid the EMBARRASSMENT of any more pathetic attempts by Calamity Canning and Co.
Amoutahere1874
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:49 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:http://content.invisioncic.com/Mrangmedia/monthly_2017_09/Screenshot_2017-09-29-10-33-56-1-1.png.6662c0a247bc280bb2cb9e531a5a6975.png



So,we give one of our Sponsors a wad of home end tickets for his Rangers supporting friends by the looks of it instead of getting the sponsorship cash up front by the looks of it.


He was in either sections a or b on Friday not in the home end.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:44 am

It has to be said, that was an utter shambles.

As the first 20 minutes showed, we had a real chance to take something from that game, even with several players missing. Following a well-taken early goal, we were right in the mix. Then everything fell apart in a crazy 7 minute spell. I haven't been able to face watching it again, it was too sickening at the time, going from a winning position to having more-or-less lost the game, so quickly. But my impressions at the time were: we allowed their runners to come at us, and gave them too much unchallenged space to run and shoot. Especially down the right (their left) - where was Skondras? Switching Dougie to the right(and going to a back four) in the second half seemed to solve that problem, but too little too late.

Was Jamieson at fault? I didn't think so at the time, but I'd need to see the goals again. It seemed to me the key weakness was in our set-up: we needed a defensive midfielder protecting in the middle - why didn't Donati play from the start?; we needed Docherty freed up to get forward (part of the same issue); and we needed more experience on the park. Gogic made the sort of mistake a young inexperienced player makes, it happens, but it was costly, as we had a real chance of getting back into the game v 10 men. At 3-1, I predicted a final scoreline of 4-2, but the score is irrelevant (interestingly, the Radio Scotland team thought it flattered Rangers) - the game was lost in that crazy mid-first-half spell.

Rangers didn't win that one; we lost it. And I hope lessons are being learned. We're better than that, or at least we can be.
User avatar
Willie Wastle
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: Linkumdoddie

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:49 am

Jamieson was definetly at fault, No keeper should be getting beat at their near post twice in a game the back pass he completely missed towards the end of the game summed it up. What can we expect from a guy that was playing at Bo’ness not to long ago. Get Fulton in for Motherwell even though he wasn’t great against Albion Rovers he can’t be worse than that ‘performance’ from Jamieson.
Scotty Tunbridge
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:02 am

The guy shouldn't be anywhere near a top flight Club.
End of.
Amoutahere1874
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:34 am

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:http://content.invisioncic.com/Mrangmedia/monthly_2017_09/Screenshot_2017-09-29-10-33-56-1-1.png.6662c0a247bc280bb2cb9e531a5a6975.png



So,we give one of our Sponsors a wad of home end tickets for his Rangers supporting friends by the looks of it instead of getting the sponsorship cash up front by the looks of it.


He was in either sections a or b on Friday not in the home end.



The tickets he got were for The Stonehouse Rangers Supporters Club-all in the home end according to one of them.
YeOldeHamiltonian
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Maybe they were just neutrals.
Like our good friend Monifeith John.
Amoutahere1874
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:It has to be said, that was an utter shambles.

As the first 20 minutes showed, we had a real chance to take something from that game, even with several players missing. Following a well-taken early goal, we were right in the mix. Then everything fell apart in a crazy 7 minute spell. I haven't been able to face watching it again, it was too sickening at the time, going from a winning position to having more-or-less lost the game, so quickly. But my impressions at the time were: we allowed their runners to come at us, and gave them too much unchallenged space to run and shoot. Especially down the right (their left) - where was Skondras? Switching Dougie to the right(and going to a back four) in the second half seemed to solve that problem, but too little too late.

Was Jamieson at fault? I didn't think so at the time, but I'd need to see the goals again. It seemed to me the key weakness was in our set-up: we needed a defensive midfielder protecting in the middle - why didn't Donati play from the start?; we needed Docherty freed up to get forward (part of the same issue); and we needed more experience on the park. Gogic made the sort of mistake a young inexperienced player makes, it happens, but it was costly, as we had a real chance of getting back into the game v 10 men. At 3-1, I predicted a final scoreline of 4-2, but the score is irrelevant (interestingly, the Radio Scotland team thought it flattered Rangers) - the game was lost in that crazy mid-first-half spell.

Rangers didn't win that one; we lost it. And I hope lessons are being learned. We're better than that, or at least we can be.

Jamieson was absolutely at fault, HOWLING. Watching it back on BT sport just reaffirmed it. he looked completely out his depth.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest