Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Rangers - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:03 pm

3 nil Accies.
Rojano 1st half hat trick before being replaced on 55 minutes to a standing ovation by Accies fans in main stand.
Loch Ness monster discovered sharing a bedsit with Lord Lucan,Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds in Dingwall.
Rakish to miss at least one sitter.
Attendance 5,690.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 am

Peppa pig aka Antonio Rojano to make another old firm appearance b4 the game along side Micky & Minnie mouse, the old stinking Hammy the hamster and the new Hammy the hamster. That will be the only entertaining part of the night as we will get pumped 3 nil.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Think we're playing well enough to get a draw and possibly sneak a win. Going for 1-1
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:11 am

We need to change up our tactical setup if we want any kind of chance. Wing backs have become less effective, with Daz now missing in midfield Greg is gonna have to do a lot more of the unclean work in the middle of the park. I'd personally go with a flat 4 and Donati playing off the centre backs.

if that colombian gets a 'sniff' at how slow our centre backs are he's going to have a field day
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:38 am

Woods, Sarris and Temps all now out for 6 weeks, Daz suspended, McMann a doubt it's looking very grim now.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:48 am

Bomber Harris wrote:Woods, Sarris and Temps all now out for 6 weeks, Daz suspended, McMann a doubt it's looking very grim now.

I don't agree it looks any more "grim" for Friday than it did.

Jamieson did fine when he came on v St Johnstone. People have been asking for one of our "slow" centre backs to be dropped, so should be happy now Gogic is in for Sarris. Temps has been little more than an impact sub until now, so not a weakness in our starting XI. MacKinnon is a big miss. But maybe his 'red mist' would have been more of a factor against these opponents. I like judgeflash's suggestion of Donati sitting in front of the back four (assuming McMann makes it), and the new improved Longridge surely has to start.

This was always going to be a tough game. But Rangers are nowhere near the standard of Celtic (who we struggle to compete with), and probably more like the standard of Aberdeen. So they may be favourites, but we have every chance of getting a result. We need a big performance, and must aim to frustrate them for the first hour or so - Gogic, Donati, Docherty, Crawford and Bingham will all be key.

Over the next month or so our squad will be thin, and we can't afford to pick up any more injuries until some of those missing are back. But I wouldn't characterise our prospects over that period as "grim" either. We're only one win away from solidifying our position mid-table.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:43 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Woods, Sarris and Temps all now out for 6 weeks, Daz suspended, McMann a doubt it's looking very grim now.

Jamieson did fine when he came on v St Johnstone. People have been asking for one of our "slow" centre backs to be dropped, so should be happy now Gogic is in for Sarris. Temps has been little more than an impact sub until now, so not a weakness in our starting XI. MacKinnon is a big miss. But maybe his 'red mist' would have been more of a factor against these opponents. I like judgeflash's suggestion of Donati sitting in front of the back four (assuming McMann makes it), and the new improved Longridge surely has to start.

This was always going to be a tough game. But Rangers are nowhere near the standard of Celtic (who we struggle to compete with), and probably more like the standard of Aberdeen. So they may be favourites, but we have every chance of getting a result. We need a big performance, and must aim to frustrate them for the first hour or so - Gogic, Donati, Docherty, Crawford and Bingham will all be key.

Over the next month or so our squad will be thin, and we can't afford to pick up any more injuries until some of those missing are back. But I wouldn't characterise our prospects over that period as "grim" either. We're only one win away from solidifying our position mid-table.

Why would I be happy that Gogic plays instead of Sarris? Would it no make sense playing him in his natural position in place of Daz? Id personality prefer Donati, Tam and Want with Skondras anyone but imrie on the other side. Crawford needs a swift boot up the arse from canning asap as he is bringing absolutely f all to the team. Just looks a guy playing down his final months.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:

Why would I be happy that Gogic plays instead of Sarris? Would it no make sense playing him in his natural position in place of Daz? Id personality prefer Donati, Tam and Want with Skondras anyone but imrie on the other side. Crawford needs a swift boot up the arse from canning asap as he is bringing absolutely f all to the team. Just looks a guy playing down his final months.

Want? Please no. He is a better striker than defender.
Daz is going to be the biggest miss, as he's the one player we can rely on to never give up on a chase. If we play a 5 or 3 at the back, Rangers will adjust and go to a 4-3-3 and make us look very silly. They have a good attacking presence that we have to respect.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Not looking good Im afraid. Rangers may not be the force they once were but when was the last time we beat them in a league match

Bingham to miss a sitter and we lose 3 goals to set pieces

Its gonna be a long season again.

Have Ross County and Falkirk jumped the gun too son by punting their managers so early
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:13 pm

smc4761 wrote:Not looking good Im afraid. Rangers may not be the force they once were but when was the last time we beat them in a league match

Have Ross County and Falkirk jumped the gun too son by punting their managers so early

Love the Bingham to miss a sitter bit.
Lol.
I'll need to remember and use that sometime!
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:
smc4761 wrote:Not looking good Im afraid. Rangers may not be the force they once were but when was the last time we beat them in a league match

Love the Bingham to miss a sitter bit.
Lol.
I'll need to remember and use that sometime!

Going to start calling him either Rakish Paterson or Matt Bingham.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Anything we take from tomorrow night is a bonus. Let's look forward to next month's run when we could get a result in all four games - at home to Motherwell & Partick, away to Ross County & Dundee. Hopefully County don't get more than a 1 or 2 game bounce from appointing Owen Coyle.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 am

Should be looking at taking something from the team formerly known as Rangers.
And I don't agree with the usual pish in the papers pre match from the likes of Longridge and Docherty, normally used by Canning.
Instead of publicly stating how much they fancy their chances they should be falsely praising the opposition to the hilt and then go out on to the park pschyed up to f#&k to ram it up them.Do your talking on the pitch,not a cheap tabloid.
Never Learn.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:07 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Should be looking at taking something from the team formerly known as Rangers.
And I don't agree with the usual pish in the papers pre match from the likes of Longridge and Docherty, normally used by Canning.
Instead of publicly stating how much they fancy their chances they should be falsely praising the opposition to the hilt and then go out on to the park pschyed up to f#&k to ram it up them.Do your talking on the pitch,not a cheap tabloid.
Never Learn.

Usually when Louis does the papers it means he's starting.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Ah well, everything will be okay then
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Bit of unrest methinks with the Gers, Kenny Miller banished to U20 tea,, hes old enough to be their father. and general disharmony in the team. If we can somehow beat them, I would say Pedro will be out of a job by Monday
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:39 pm

smc4761 wrote:Bit of unrest methinks with the Gers, Kenny Miller banished to U20 tea,, hes old enough to be their father. and general disharmony in the team. If we can somehow beat them, I would say Pedro will be out of a job by Monday

So both sets of supporters should be happy with an Accies victory:)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:03 pm

smc4761 wrote:Bit of unrest methinks with the Gers, Kenny Miller banished to U20 tea,, hes old enough to be their father. and general disharmony in the team. If we can somehow beat them, I would say Pedro will be out of a job by Monday

This is exactly what a Celtic fan in my work said today. He also said Celtic fans are conflicted: they'd like us to beat Rangers, but they don't want Pedro sacked!

"Unrest" can work either way. They could be there for the taking tonight, or they could be out to prove something. Let's hope it's option a!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Just finish the game right now and put as all out our misery.
Pure Pish.
Canning OUT.
As for Gogic?
Not interested that your Dad nearly beat Rangers back in the day.pish performance.
As for Jamieson?well out of your depth pal.go back junior.l
As for Canning?
What's the point in criticism for him as he's untouchable despite his tactical ineptness over a long long period.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives