Old match day threads will be moved here

Kilmarnock .Vs. Accies

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:52 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kilmarnock .Vs. Accies

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Thought they were really good at our place earlier in the season.

Same team hopefully and a good chance of another 3 points.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Sad way to end such a good year .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Naive defending in extra time meant the ball wasn’t cleared up the park allowing Kilmarnock to nick the ball and Accies conceding a free kick right on the line. From which erimenko showed the skill for which he is known. Surely Alex has them drilled to get the ball up the park in such situations where its o - o and seconds left. Like a lot of fans I left quite angry. We could have been second top tonight. :x
Alfie Olek

Postby View From Afar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:06 pm

What a disappointment! Worst Accies performance of the season, nobody stood out, all were equally poor. This was a game we really should have won as we had chances, very good chances in the case of Mackinnon's free header from 4 yards out that he sent over the bar. Killie had some chances too but not as many as us.

A 0-0 draw would have been a fitting end to this game but an unnecessary foul given away on the edge of our box in the last minute set us up for a fall and McGovern inexplicably spent way too long lining up his wall and had only just belatedly started making his way across goal to where he should have been positioned when the ball was struck and he had no chance. The ref was very poor but he didn't cost us the game, we did that all by ourselves.

Real shame to end a fantastic year with such a poor performance - we can do so much better and I've no doubt we will, starting with 'Well next week!!!
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:45 pm

What a miss by MacKinnon !

Poor all round - but these things happen. No width from our full backs, Hendrie pushed forward but was poor whilst Gills just cant wait to give the ball to someone else and preferably back the way.

I still have no idea what Scotland and Longridge do to deserve even a 10 minute run out.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:41 pm

100% agree with VFA.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:22 pm

We MUST have had 60% of the possession, but, as others have said, we showed a total lack of 'savvy' by giving away that possession right at the end. Devlin gives away a foul on 91 minutes, where as a team, we should never have allowed them into our half. It was a peach of a goal from Eremenko, but Alex must teach these boys to run the clock down at a stage like that, as a point away would have done us. We played the better football for most of the game, but so what? The other results did not punish us too much, fortunately, and we are in the rare position with 33 points to allow another 3 points (or 1) not to be too damaging.

Manager's message to team for Derby game against Motherwell is quite clear. Use your noddle!!!! That also applies to McKinnon who must practice headers from now until the end of the season. At 80 minutes, that miss, if converted, was the game won for us. Unmarked.... 4/5 yards out.....unbelievable!!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Poor poor poor. Manager said he isn't too worried if he loses anyone in January. Me neither. If Brophy is scoring so freely for under 20's he deserves an opportunity. We can't get away with not converting something from the chances created. Crying out for some pace up front. Extremely disappointed.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Said at half time, they will steel this as we had missed too many chances.

I love big Jason and he is a Accies legend. Is It not time that we give AB game time?

Mac is in the papers looking for a new deal, (7 goals is a good return) do we need better?

When away from home should we play punt ball for the last 10 min when we are in place to take a point or points?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:48 pm

From the commentary and watching the YouTube highlights, it really looked like one way traffic with us dominating play for almost the entire game. But we didn't manage to put away any of our chances, and most of those chances lacked the usual flair that seems to get us our goals.

Bit of a sickener to lose a goal so late, since the draw would have put us back up to 2nd place. Must be said, hell of a goal for them, great free kick! I guess we were due a loss like this, given how many last minute goals we have scored ourselves this season.

Roll on new years day...
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:54 pm

I seem to be in a minority but I thought we played a lot of good football today and controlled the majority of the game albeit without creating as many clear cut chances as our possession should of warranted. We were the team that were pushing for the 3 points at the end and ultimately that cost us with dougie perhaps forcing the game too much and making the mistake that gifted possession.

My biggest frustration today (aside from the result and that miss!) was Alex's subs - longridge came on did nothing and gave the ball away far too easily - no surprise he's been doing that all season in his weekly 20 minute run out (where is the player that turned our season round last year with his pace?), Scotland came on did nothing and simply couldn't hold the ball up - no surprise he hasn't kicked a ball since Easter rd (Mac isn't everyone's favourite but his work rate, channel running and hold up play was excellent today), routledge came on did nothing and passed sideways - no surprise he's been doing that his accies career. Time to rethink the substitution strategy, several players can do no more that they are doing in the u20s - they deserve their chance at least off the bench.

Aside from that no panic - same side for Thursday, take our chances and I'm confident of another 3 Derby day points.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Agree more with Yummy Fur than VfA, surely Aberdeen and Inverness home and away were worse performances? We played well yesterday...up to a point. Poor in final third. Well on top in first half but didn't really create a lot, a few distance shots. Header off line in second half and Daz's incredible miss, a point would have been ok if a little disappointing. Imrie gave the ball away stupidly and Devlin made a rash foul. McGovern not ready when Eremenko began his run up but I doubt he was getting it anyway, a superb piece of skill.

Need to screw the nut now or we could be looking at three straight defeats. A point against Well may not be a bad result as they have the new manager bounce. St Johnstone, on five straight wins, quickly after that looks like a potential sore one.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Yummyfur's comments about the subs are fully justified. Neither Longridge nor Routledge did anything near enough. Certainly NOT impact subs!! Other than Tony was injured, or being sold, why was he taken off? I accept that he had an off-day, but still had plenty more to contribute, if a new fresh runner had been put on. Brophy made an impact earlier in the season, and if he is scoring freely at present, his confidence must be high, so why, Alex, do you not put him on for the last 15 minutes.? It worked really well last season with Louis, who was taking teams apart at the back at that stage. If he is not now, then Eamon Brophy should be given the chance when the opposition are tiring themselves at that stage.

I am not so sure about same team on Thursday, probably OK to start, but we need to recognise that we need pace AND a finisher. Motherwell, despite a win for the first time in ages, must still be there for us to take three points without real difficulty.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 pm

after yesterdays result a point v well would be a shocker, with our good home form we should put them to the sword and show that their luck has ran out. Louis longridge is out of his depth in this league.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Accies just lacked a little bit of quality in the last third yesterday.
Thought we controlled the majority of the match, made the most chances and should've won 2-0....

Eremenko has scored a smashing free kick but it was not deserved in he slightest.

Substitutions continue to baffle me. What more can Brophy do?? He deserves the last 20 minutes of matches.
Longridge looks out of his depth this year and I would've brought Redmond on.

I would expect a tough match on Thursday but certainly one we should be looking to win at we have St J, Dundee U and Celtic in our next three matches.

This little run of four matches will go a long way to determine what we are fighting for this season.......top 6, Europe!!! If Accies can continue in this manner, nothing is impossible this season....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Return to Match Day Archives