Re: East Kilbride .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:40 am

If we don't win at least 7-0 Canning out
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby NathanBreen19 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 am

Harris mate calm down I don't think they'll put the first team out.
NathanBreen19
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:49 am

NathanBreen19 wrote:Harris mate calm down I don't think they'll put the first team out.

Was actually a joke my reply but as it's a national cup game in front of a sold out accies end of would really like to think that Martin will play a strong 1st team today.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby NathanBreen19 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:53 am

A few young players imo should be played
NathanBreen19
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 am

No way I want the first team - if we are winning comfortably then try stuff out
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:40 am

Bluesy wrote:No way I want the first team - if we are winning comfortably then try stuff out

exactly mate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:01 am

I'd hope we take the game seriously as it's the first competitive game of the season.
3 points would set us up well in what should be a fairly easy group, so I'd want us to get a couple of goals ahead then bring on some young players.
EK'll be up for it, as our only South Lanarkshire rivals, so it could be a difficult first twenty minutes but they're 4 divisions below us and anything less than a victory would be unacceptable.
Accies 2-0
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm

any recommendations on where to park nearby? I've been to calderglen but never on the day of a game.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Great start a wee 1-3 to Accies with 26 shots on goal and 16 on target. No idea of the team but 3 midfielders scoring the goals, Mckinnon, Longridge and Crawford. Whilst it may only have been against EK this will hopefully give the team a bit of confidence.

Also on plus side, Stenhousemuir beating QOS

Heres hoping we can finally get a cup run together
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:24 pm

This game may have meant very little but that Bingham miss was absolutely shocking.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:12 pm

Well that was lucky at the end. We may have had a lot of shots, but we could've really had more had some people pulled the trigger quicker.
We had the vast majority of possession, EK had some absolute gifts from us and luckily they didn't take them or it could have been Annan Part Deux.
Bingham's miss was a howler and all i can do to take some of the heat off him is it was a sort of volley snatched in the air.
Playing Dougie on the right is just fucking more nonsense. Louis, despite his goal was pretty poor and seems to have aged terribly over the years, his pace has left him.
Gogic and Sarris looked outstanding, despite some gifts given to EK. If they had finished their chances they could've had 4.

I'm surprised EK managed to hold under the constant pressure, after their penalty they scarily looked like the team out to win it. If that was against a premier league team, we would have been slaughtered today.

It felt like same old accies at most points during the match, despite multiple holes in the other teams defence, nobody had the balls to run at them down the middle and take a chance.

PS
Saw our new defender TOMAS tonight, he is shorter than Massimo, so I dunno where this 6foot6 nonsense came from. He has a lovely tan though.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:39 pm

judgeflash wrote:Well that was lucky at the end. We may have had a lot of shots, but we could've really had more had some people pulled the trigger quicker.
We had the vast majority of possession, EK had some absolute gifts from us and luckily they didn't take them or it could have been Annan Part Deux.
Bingham's miss was a howler and all i can do to take some of the heat off him is it was a sort of volley snatched in the air.
Playing Dougie on the right is just fucking more nonsense. Louis, despite his goal was pretty poor and seems to have aged terribly over the years, his pace has left him.
Gogic and Sarris looked outstanding, despite some gifts given to EK. If they had finished their chances they could've had 4.

I'm surprised EK managed to hold under the constant pressure, after their penalty they scarily looked like the team out to win it. If that was against a premier league team, we would have been slaughtered today.

It felt like same old accies at most points during the match, despite multiple holes in the other teams defence, nobody had the balls to run at them down the middle and take a chance.

PS
Saw our new defender TOMAS tonight, he is shorter than Massimo, so I dunno where this 6foot6 nonsense came from. He has a lovely tan though.

You sure it was him, he looks huge on the youtube clips, maybe not 6ft 6 huge but easily 6 ft 4.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Is he taller than Redmond?
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 pm

A win is a win ... but that was poor .
If we had been playing against stronger opponents then we wouldn't have won the game .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:28 pm

judgeflash wrote:Well that was lucky at the end. We may have had a lot of shots, but we could've really had more had some people pulled the trigger quicker.

PS

That would've been Daniele Giordano the keeper who has been on trial that was with Massimo.

I met Xavier after the match he is definitely 6ft 4+

Glad we got the result today plenty to work on in coming weeks though.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 pm

That was exactly what I was looking for: a good run out for the first team; a clear away win; and goals shared.

Well done, Accies. Good start.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:35 pm

How the f**k did our ONLY striker miss that? Hope that martin and new coach Jason Scotland realise that we need at least 2 strikers in. The guy is utter crap.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:28 pm

judgeflash wrote:
PS

Was that the guy standing next to Donati in the red training top before kick-off where the teams came out from? I thought he looked about the same height as Donati but I've got to admit that he did look like Tomas from that Youtube video of his, just nowhere near as tall.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives