Transfer Thread 2017/18

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer Thread 2017/18

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Same here... thought we had a possibility of building on them within the squad. Looks like we offered both contracts but the call of home was too much.

Ah well, Back to the Drawing Board. Usual Accies... Now seeking more real diamonds from those out there purporting to be good footballers. Hopefully, we can see some good replacements in BEFORE the season kicks off. :cry: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:44 pm

porcupine wrote:Same here... thought we had a possibility of building on them within the squad. Looks like we offered both contracts but the call of home was too much.

Ah well, Back to the Drawing Board. Usual Accies... Now seeking more real diamonds from those out there purporting to be good footballers. Hopefully, we can see some good replacements in BEFORE the season kicks off. :cry: :roll:

Skondras is a massive loss. D'Acol whilst not prolific did some good work with the dross delivery he got.

Les is quoted in the HAMAD saying he believes we only need 2-3 experienced players and can finish 10th or above ;\ worrying..considering we need a nearly full defensive lineup, an attacking mid and another striker.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:27 pm

judgeflash wrote:
porcupine wrote:Same here... thought we had a possibility of building on them within the squad. Looks like we offered both contracts but the call of home was too much.

Skondras is a massive loss. D'Acol whilst not prolific did some good work with the dross delivery he got.

Les is quoted in the HAMAD saying he believes we only need 2-3 experienced players and can finish 10th or above ;\ worrying..considering we need a nearly full defensive lineup, an attacking mid and another striker.

My thoughts exactly. Hats/Rabbits time from Les the Magician?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:57 am

Think the Skondras love in is a bit OTT.
Fair enough,I didn't want him to go either as he proved in his short spell with us that he's a fair player but far from perfect.
Suspect at dealing with long balls over the top IMO but made up in part with great reading of the game and his distribution was quite good too.
No point in dwelling.
Let's just see what comes in.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 am

If we didn't have Bingham I would have wanted D'Acol to stay and by that I don't think Bingham is great, but neither is D'Acol (particularly with his injury record) and we need to bring in a better striker (far easier said than done).

Whilst our signing policy is nowhere near as bad as many make out, when we discover a right back that is clearly good enough for us its really important that we keep him - on the basis its easier to keep than to find people. However, this is the problem with foreign players, they are far away from home and if not making that much money there will be a tendency for them to go back home for whatever reasons. The problem for us is that at our wage level we apparently struggle to get folk in early enough but perhaps this is a wee bit of a false economy.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 am

We need a right back , centre half , 2 strikers , a winger and and attack midfielder with height .

Les gray says we will sign 2 players plus a goalkeeper lol les gray resign ya pri**
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:50 am

Maybe they feel it's time to put in a couple of the younger players. Killie did it last year with Taylor and Wilson, maybe we'll see more of Ronan Hughes, Ross Cunningham or Steven Boyd. It's sad Skondras has gone but maybe he just wanted to give our football a try while he was short of offers, didn't particularly fancy it and he may have a better offer at home now. Sarris will probably be next with his two Greek chums away (D'Acol having played in Greece).
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Sarris will probably be next with his two Greek chums away (D'Acol having played in Greece).

That would do me fine, he's absolute murder. I'd far rather watch the U20s who'd come in with something to prove than the wastes of wages we've seen the past couple of years. I'd be happy with 3 experienced top league players on the way down, as LG seems to be suggesting, and the rest of the gaps filled by U20s. I'd rather watch them try and fail than complete unknowns looking for a step to League 2 down south.

Use the wages saved on the scattergun approach to hire someone to perform PR/online/merchandising duties.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Think the Skondras love in is a bit OTT.
Fair enough,I didn't want him to go either as he proved in his short spell with us that he's a fair player but far from perfect.
Suspect at dealing with long balls over the top IMO but made up in part with great reading of the game and his distribution was quite good too.
No point in dwelling.

....WHIT?
You've went from 'i'm not going back to accies till canning is away' just a couple months ago to Skondras is over-rated?! What a mind-meld :lol:
Skondras has been CONSISTENT, something 99% of our team has not been able to be. Outwith a couple of reckless challenges he's been outstanding all season IMO
He's played multiple positions but played them well. When he first arrived he lacked match fitness but still worked his absolute balls off.
D'Acol scored some important goals but was never going to be 20 a season due to the lack of quality supply from midfield.
I wish em well, hope they enjoy the corruption of Greece/Cyprus once again. :geek:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Jack Breslin has left the club and gone to Clyde. What a pointless signing that was.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Sarris had plenty of good games and he was absolutely outstanding at Fir Park, even Well fans said so.

Breslin was only ever signed as cover and did fairly well for the U20s.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Sarris had plenty of good games and he was absolutely outstanding at Fir Park, even Well fans said so.

Fair enough. He also had plenty of bad games where he was booked for bringing down strikers after being dragged out of position, and couldn't deal with the ball at his feet. We can agree to disagree though :)
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:Sarris had plenty of good games and he was absolutely outstanding at Fir Park, even Well fans said so.

Fair enough. He also had plenty of bad games where he was booked for bringing down strikers after being dragged out of position, and couldn't deal with the ball at his feet. We can agree to disagree though :)

I think we can agree that Hamilton Accies will always have players who have plenty of bad games. :lol:
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Blair Adams has also been released, dunno if this has been reported. I thought he seemed like the potential to be a very good player when match fit *baring in mind he only played 9 games this season* and was young too.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 pm

judgeflash wrote:Blair Adams has also been released, dunno if this has been reported. I thought he seemed like the potential to be a very good player when match fit *baring in mind he only played 9 games this season* and was young too.

He wasn't very good and was released over a month ago
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:
judgeflash wrote:Blair Adams has also been released, dunno if this has been reported. I thought he seemed like the potential to be a very good player when match fit *baring in mind he only played 9 games this season* and was young too.

He wasn't very good and was released over a month ago

In fairness, if you've been signed having had no pre season, you'd take more than 4/5 appearances to get match fit. I thought he had potential, didn't seem to mind actually u sing the wing either.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 pm

:roll:
judgeflash wrote:
Amoutahere1874 wrote:Think the Skondras love in is a bit OTT.
No point in dwelling.

....WHIT?
You've went from 'i'm not going back to accies till canning is away' just a couple months ago to Skondras is over-rated?! What a mind-meld :lol:
Skondras has been CONSISTENT, something 99% of our team has not been able to be. Outwith a couple of reckless challenges he's been outstanding all season IMO
He's played multiple positions but played them well. When he first arrived he lacked match fitness but still worked his absolute balls off.
D'Acol scored some important goals but was never going to be 20 a season due to the lack of quality supply from midfield.
I wish em well, hope they enjoy the corruption of Greece/Cyprus once again. :geek:
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:53 am

Anyone know when the players report back for pre season training? Perhaps that's when we'll starting being active with trialists etc
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Looking around the media it looks like most clubs are making plans for the new season signing players, Motherwell, Dundee, Partick Ross County etc and once again we appear to be doing nowt.

Now I appreciate that we may not want to spend money on unnecessary wages by signing just now but surely we could make an effort and get these guys on board for say 1 July.

We will be due to start the new season fairly soon and the players, if any new ones come in need a chance to get to know each other and get a pre season that way we can hit the ground running and hopefully build some confidence.

have we been looking at anyone or will it be last minute .com once again
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Apparently we've signed a defender from Rangers, Cairney, Kearney something like that. Don't know any more.

Someone in Larkhall told me, never heard of him, but they were definite. Any ideas?
Euan
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies