Sir Douglas Imrie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Sir Douglas Imrie

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Mon May 29, 2017 11:49 pm

What are your thoughts on wee Dougie for next season's campaign? Does everybody think he still has another year left in him at this level? He's unquestionably been a great servant to the club and there's no questioning his desire, commitment and fighting spirit. I know I might get shot down here, but there's been spells this season where he's been pretty ineffective and certainly doesn't appear to have the pace he once had. I reckon for a player his age he's been overused a bit much this term and I'd rather see him being utilized more as a bit part player next term, perhaps as an impact sub. Discuss.......................
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Re: Sir Douglas Imrie

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:56 pm

You raise some valid points but I think Dougie's performance level over the last 6/8 games suggest he still has lots to offer the Club .
Would run through a brick wall as we all know.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Re: Sir Douglas Imrie

Postby judgeflash » Tue May 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:What are your thoughts on wee Dougie for next season's campaign? Does everybody think he still has another year left in him at this level? He's unquestionably been a great servant to the club and there's no questioning his desire, commitment and fighting spirit. I know I might get shot down here, but there's been spells this season where he's been pretty ineffective and certainly doesn't appear to have the pace he once had. I reckon for a player his age he's been overused a bit much this term and I'd rather see him being utilized more as a bit part player next term, perhaps as an impact sub. Discuss.......................

Thought his work rate last season was off the charts. This season he has struggled massively. It's not helped that he played so many games on the right wing/RWB position. He is a one foot pony, however, as the above person said, his passion is infectious and invaluable to the young players around him.
Maybe it's time for him to not play every game, but certainly have him involved in the big match games where some experience will benefit us.
The problem is, who else can play left wing effectively, neither longridge/redmond or bingham can play the role suitably.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies