Today's the day!

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Today's the day!

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon May 29, 2017 1:16 pm

There was a very blatant arab behind me wearing a tangerine Frank Kopel t-shirt but he was very quiet (wonder why?) so it was no problem.

It was great to shove the critics words down their throats and although I wanted Canning gone after Annan, I'm delighted for him to be able to GIRU the folk that call him Clownzo or even worse.

I couldn't make Tannadice so watched it on BT and they completely ignored Accies fans before the match. They always show both sets of fans walking to the match and pre kick off show both sets in the ground. It was ALL United and we only saw some Accies fans during the minutes silence and even then it was the same group twice. BT are streets ahead of Sky in their coverage of Scottish football but I thought that showed some bias. So maybe we've upset some of them too, though not Derek Rae who always talks Accies up and will be sadly missed. Craigen's face was tripping him but then it usually is. Allan Preston on the radio was clearly gutted, while the Sportscene three instantly said it was a terrible game. I thought it was a very decent game.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 pm

I've heard the line that it was a poor game from most neutrals I've talked to. I wonder if they were influenced by the first frantic 15 minutes or so, when the ball was scarcely on the deck?

Whatever, like Stevie Clarke I thought it was a good game, but then perhaps I/we are influenced by Accies being the dominant team, and running out deserved winners?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Can only echo the other two posters above: I enjoyed it! Both of us got a fair bit of joy from getting the ball behind the centre-backs, so you can't blame the teams for doing that.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Great to get it right up every critic of our team...and there are many of them.Only in Scotland would you find so much abuse towards a smaller club doing well.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:10 pm

A brilliant day for all Accies fans to enjoy after a hard season. Some big players missing but those on the park stepped up big style.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Yes there wasn't quite the Tsunami of neutrals that Monifeith_John predicted would be there.
Maybe shat they're pants on hearing the Millwall boys were up.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Yes there wasn't quite the Tsunami of neutrals that Monifeith_John predicted would be there.
Maybe shat they're pants on hearing the Millwall boys were up.

There were quite a few "plain clothes" Arabs in the home stand, sitting on their hands. Most slipped quietly away at the end, but I caught a few glances.

I wish I'd looked around more when we scored - they would have been much more conspicuous then - but like most Accies fans I was too busy celebrating. And what a celebration that was! They must have known at that point it wouldn't be their day, but you don't leave at 1-0 down, do you?

Anyway, they were very quiet, compared to the noisy sea of orange in the away stand - noisy, that is, until the last half hour. They were all quite quiet after that.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Mon May 29, 2017 4:16 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Great to get it right up every critic of our team...and there are many of them.Only in Scotland would you find so much abuse towards a smaller club doing well.

Totally agree. The wee diddy team that "brings nothing to the SPFL" are staying up and they don't like it one bit :D.

Let's not forget that there was a fair amount of abuse at times on this forum too. It was often justified - but not always.....
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue May 30, 2017 8:19 am

Well done Martin Canning and the boys, fantastic achievement.

IF canning learns from previous mistakes he can be a successful manager. It's a learning process, so a clean slate next season and lets back him 100% from the first kick of a ball.

With that being said i am so glad we have stayed up, what a feeling when Docherty's goal went in and again at the full time whistle. Proud to be an accie.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Tue May 30, 2017 9:50 am

I am also coming round to the 'Canning being better placed if he has learned from his mistakes' point of view.

Was happy for him and Imrie to change places however perhaps that could be plan B.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 pm

As someone who believed MC should have gone after the Annan debacle, he rallied the troops, set the team out well and got the best (eventually) out of limited resources and that is all you can ask.

So well done MC and Accies .Happy on this occasion to be proved wrong
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to The Accies