Dundee Utd .V. Accies - 25.5.17

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Dundee Utd .V. Accies - 25.5.17

Postby Laid-back Accie » Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:If Craig Watson is anywhere near the team I won't be there. Awful player.

How many places have you posted this?

Has he shagged your sister or something?
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby Laid-back Accie » Fri May 26, 2017 2:59 am

Not to bad, was worried they were going to nick a goal at the with the injuries to Imrie and Donati, so was pleased to hear the final whistle.

As others have said we can still field a fairly strong team, but it's the defence that's the concerning point regardless.
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:If Craig Watson is anywhere near the team I won't be there. Awful player.

I would rather play a half fit Sarris or Devlin on crutches than play the sun beds king
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:05 am

198586 wrote:Watched the game on BT Sport, it wasn’t a penalty, McMann went to play the ball down the line but didn’t see Murray, Murray got to the ball first but as McMann stretched with his left foot he touched the ball with the sole of his boot then the follow through of his swing left boot was the contact with Murray, McMann touched the ball so no penalty. Ref got it wrong that he booked Murray but no penalty was right. This is my opinion after watching the tackle several times in slow motion and freeze frame

Absolutely spot on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri May 26, 2017 10:26 am

Laid-back Accie wrote:

How many places have you posted this?

Has he shagged your sister or something?

Not as far as I'm aware, believe it or not I'd rather just not have a terrible footballer start for us. Like bomber says a 1 legged Sarris or a half fit Donati is a better option than him.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby AlanHutcheson » Fri May 26, 2017 10:40 am

I didn't think it was a penalty.
There was contact whether or not after McMann touched the ball.
But it wasn't contact that caused Murray to lose balance.
Murray felt contact and launched himself over the side of the 18 yard line, and in a slightly different direction than if McMann had caused it.
Murray had already shown himself as willing to dive.
We'll never know if a non diver would have lost his balance.
McMann was lucky though. He could easily have brought down an opponent.

We played the better football.
Utd had no real width in the second half and decided to launch long diagonals because of our makeshift defence, much to Andreu's frustration.

All to play for.
AlanHutcheson
Pub League

Postby silverfox » Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am

Pretty decent performance, especially in the first half but seemed to run out of steam a bit in the second half.Nullified Murray and 22 but we need a bit more from Bingham, who added very little in my opinion
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri May 26, 2017 1:05 pm

I think there's some viewing through red and white spectacles going on. McMann clearly accidentally swiped Murray around the knee instead of the ball. I didn't see any touch on the ball, though I will check again. It never even crossed my mind that Murray dived or made the most of it. If your legs get swiped away like that, you're going to fall pretty spectacularly. I think he'll play on Sunday.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Clearly a pen. McMann wiped him out :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Murray playing might be ok. If he was suspended they might have brought Tony more into the centre where he is dangerous rather than stuck out wide where he has done little.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri May 26, 2017 1:31 pm

accies1874 wrote:Clearly a pen. McMann wiped him out :lol:

^^^THIS^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Fri May 26, 2017 1:43 pm

Been down this afternoon for my tickets. Was told no Dundee Utd fans will be located in the main stand. More disappointing from our point of view is that there were still plenty of tickets available, no idea how many we have actually sold. No matter lets do this Accies.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby AlanHutcheson » Fri May 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Have to agree to disagree.

There wasn't much actual contact.

Murray then executed what I have to concede was quite a graceful, extravagant swallow dive ( he has had a lot of practice) in the general direction of the assistant ref.
I haven't heard anyone from Tannadice apologise for Murray's disgraceful attempt to cheat a probable goal against us in the first half, and that was another "big decision" which the ref did get right ( well done McLean).

Unfortunately the ref spoiled it a bit after the red card by giving United everything- it was lucky he was not officiating at the far post as he might have headed one in for them, but overall two good brave decisions.
AlanHutcheson
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 pm

AlanHutcheson wrote:Have to agree to disagree.

There wasn't much actual contact.

Murray then executed what I have to concede was quite a graceful, extravagant swallow dive ( he has had a lot of practice) in the general direction of the assistant ref.
I haven't heard anyone from Tannadice apologise for Murray's disgraceful attempt to cheat a probable goal against us in the first half, and that was another "big decision" which the ref did get right ( well done McLean).

Unfortunately the ref spoiled it a bit after the red card by giving United everything- it was lucky he was not officiating at the far post as he might have headed one in for them, but overall two good brave decisions.

Minimal contact but the fact he sold it like he'd been shot. Absolutely embarrassment to the game. Morris was quite a prolific diver, one of the reasons I was glad we didn't get him back.

We should have absolutely buried them in the first half. Redmond and Bingham missed absolute sitters. It was a great atmosphere in amongst our away section, glad they didn't put us in a north/south section.
REALLY hope the fans/casuals actually come along and support the team. We seem to have turned around the terrible play and creating some wonderful football again. Ali seemed himself in spells. Longridge is a waste of a jersey but we don't seemingly have much else to offer at Right wing until DT is fully fit.
Same lineup as before, with Greg picking up the balls from midfield instead of Daz.
Donati playing on with what looked like a bad groin strain looks like he won't be fit for sunday.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri May 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Murray plays on Sunday.

Predictable, with the appeal hearing not until next Thursday. Even if the hearing had been today or tomorrow, I reckoned that the red card would have been rescinded anyway, to keep the Arabs hopes alive for a result against us.

Defence coped with him well last night and must do the same job on him on Sunday.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri May 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Watched it back again, McMann gets nothing on the ball and gets Murray around the knee. Penalty and no dive.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives