Siege Mentality

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Siege Mentality

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 am

As myself and others have mentioned "no one likes us" and we definitely shouldn't care.

Every Internet wacko from Aberdeen to Zanzibar is having a go,along with the media(printed,radio and TV),most pundits,half our own town and every Tom,Dick and Harriet-never mind Harry.

The list of seethe is long:Shite support,crap stadium,no fans or belligerent fans,players who are losers,the double decker bus,the pitch,dirty players etc etc etc.

Nothing should give us greater strength to "get it up them" than all the crap and bullying/bandwagon jumping we have witnessed since we went into freefall.

Yes,we all fall out with each other/The Board/Players/Manager etc, but we need to galvanise ourselves for the next one to three games.

At the end of the day we are meekly accepting what is happening.All of us whether Fans/Manager/Players/Officials should be taking notice of this and striving to sicken every last one of our critics.

Let's ram it right up these Dundee non triers on Saturday as we can't expect our neighbours to bust a gut and then ram it up the rest of the country who will to a man be wanting us to lose the play off.

If ever there was a time to come out fighting this is it.We can worry about Canning/BOD etc after we have did our job.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Siege Mentality

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu May 18, 2017 1:02 am

Great post YOH. Couldn't agree more. Everybody wants us to fail (including some of our own "fans")!.let's disappoint them all!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 am

Richie Foran had all the fighting talk on the radio after there win , c'mon Accies get stuck in .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 am

I feel we probably will win this game, and hopefully that will take us into the playoffs with a bit of confidence and momentum.

The way I see it is that right now we have lost our place in the Premiership, and that this is our play-off semi final. The stakes are the same from here on in - lose and out.

We shouldn't fear Dundee United or Falkirk, but they are competent teams. I'd maybe prefer United due to them already having had to play four ties.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:16 am

Spot on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 am

One problem

"We don't get to high when we win and we don't get to down when we lose" Martin Canning et al

This clown will be giving the team talk written for him by Lesley!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 am

Begs.hafc wrote:Great post YOH. Couldn't agree more. Everybody wants us to fail (including some of our own "fans")!.let's disappoint them all!

Utter pish
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 am

" no one likes us, we don't care " it's more like we don't like each other. I've never known in the 30 years of supporting accies a greater devide and hatred between accies fans. Seems some folk actually get a kick from ridiculing fellow fans for having an opinion that doesn't match there own especially on this forum. The animosity between fellow accies fans is vile and doesn't help when idiots come out with some of our fans want us relegated. No fckn one want there team relegated and for someone to even suggest that is just utter nonsense.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 am

Bomber ,Amoutahere said on another thread that he would take great delight when we're relegated laughing at Canning fans,so I'm hardly talking "utter pish".
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 am

Begs.hafc wrote:Bomber ,Amoutahere said on another thread that he would take great delight when we're relegated laughing at Canning fans,so I'm hardly talking "utter pish".

one person speaks for us all then does it? The support on a whole is stinking just now, Idiots like redandwhite1874 trying to antagonise fellow fans with smart arsed remarks and replys don't help any either but I suppose that's fine?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 am

I will laugh at Canning in the same context of Ronnie MacDonald laughing out the boardroom window at Accies fans after THAT humiliation last Saturday.
Down with the Clown.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
Begs.hafc wrote:Bomber ,Amoutahere said on another thread that he would take great delight when we're relegated laughing at Canning fans,so I'm hardly talking "utter pish".

one person speaks for us all then does it? The support on a whole is stinking just now, Idiots like redandwhite1874 trying to antagonise fellow fans with smart arsed remarks and replys don't help any either but I suppose that's fine?

I don't think there's any point in getting angry or falling out over football particularly among ourselves. You have a direct and robust style on here and I am a bit more sarcastic perhap which is maybe not everyone's cup of tea . We don't agree on much either which doesn't help good relations, but that's football. Sorry if this leads to conflict but if we both agree to the point of the thread then maybe we can move on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week » Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Great post Mitchy spot on, at any another club in the world this would be a no brainer.

Also just Put Dougie in charge today and get rid of Canzo now, why give him another game when he has lost the whole support and the dressing room ?
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 pm

The previous match stuff in the media confirms the original post. Motherwell are on holiday and downed tools cos they have nothing to play for but Dundee will be right up for it ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:47 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:The previous match stuff in the media confirms the original post. Motherwell are on holiday and downed tools cos they have nothing to play for but Dundee will be right up for it ?

In my opinion, Dundee's fans will certainly be right up for it; they'd love to relegate us. Motherwell's fans may not want really care about their game; they'd love to relegate us. However, I don't really think it comes into the minds of many of the players, so I doubt it'll play much into the grand scheme of things. If we go down, it's because we're rubbish - not because of two clubs plotting to send us down.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Defo. Both dundee and Motherwell have won the right to turn up or not and since the split we have taken absolutely nothing.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies