Ross County v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ross County v Accies

Postby silverfox » Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 pm

taken from BBC website
"And Martin Canning has also made five changes to his Hamilton team. In come Alex Gogic, Rakish Bingham, Louis Longridge, Massimo Donalti and Scott McMann.

Georgios Sarris, Michael Devlin, Grant Gillespie, Alex D'Acol and Danny Redmond are the players making way."
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Re: Ross County v Accies

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Gogic and Donati as CBs ? Down to injuries and sickness bug that has been at the club. Not Redmond's biggest fan so a wee bit surprised he is not starting although he never has been the fittest guy in the world.

PS cant believe Woods is still on the bench.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm

FFS.

PS and well one up as well. Oh well it looked good for 60 seconds.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:FFS.

PS and well one up as well. Oh well it looked good for 60 seconds.

And looks like utd will play ICT in playoff final
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Things take a wee turn for the better.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Tue May 16, 2017 8:21 pm

We're givng it a go at least!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Gogic and Donati as CBs ? Down to injuries and sickness bug that has been at the club. Not Redmond's biggest fan so a wee bit surprised he is not starting although he never has been the fittest guy in the world.

PS cant believe Woods is still on the bench.

What exactly has Matthews done wrong recently? I would prefer Woods though purely because he's our player and he himself did nothing wrong, just got injured.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Woods is the best keeper and for me Remi doesn't do enough, no important saves; and is far too hesitant in terms of coming from or staying on his line.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Oh well play offs at best now after what sounds like a good game and good efforts again from us. Hopefully Dundee finish ICT tomorrow night and gives us a break on Saturday and the chance to recover from injury / illness.

Sounds like our important players also stepped up to some extent but we cant afford to keep missing chances.

Good effort from those that travelled up. We will just need to keep fighting on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue May 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Dundee are going to be chomping at the bit for a chance to relegate us on Saturday. Will not be shocked in the slightest if they lose 2-0 tomorrow then scud us by that on Saturday ffs.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue May 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Tomorrow will be interesting as I don't think our neighbours will bust a gut if it goes to Saturday;but Dundee will against us if this is the case.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Damage done as we all said at the time early and mid season
All the points thrown away from winning positions.
Canning was a dud when he took the job and hopefully sometime soon his tenure will end.
For all our sanity.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 pm

All the momentum with the championship team in the play offs we will be swept aside EASILY ,Sadly it could have all been so different but for the stubborness of Les and co
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Spot on
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue May 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Currently typing from the highlands
We were REALLY unlucky to not win that tonight and I don't mean that in a Martin Canning way of explaining a defeat. We hit the post at least twice and Ali hit the bar. Rakish caused them some issues with his pace through the middle. 2 set pieces led to County goals AGAIN.
Massimo' passing is some of the worst I've ever seen, his 2 MOTM performances can't excuse some of the utter guff he gifted this team tonght, he must have given the ball away at least 10 times.
Dougie finally played down the left wing and had some very good deliveries into the box. Templetons goal was a solo effort, turned the defender inside out and drilled it low, looks a player. Gogic for me was also very good. Tierney did heehaw sadly, I did think maybe we should have went with 2 up and pair Rakish with Tierney.
For all the shite we have played the past 2 years, I cannot fault that performance tonight, it's the same old story, individual errors gifting goals. first goal looked like a cross from outside the area and Remi is lobbed for the 2nd week in a row, despite being 2 yards off his line, they also had a freak goal when the ball hit the post and cam eback off Remi.
Very slow start also with Accies again taking around 20 minutes to actually warm up and get into the game, once we did press them we really should have scored more than 2
It's really hard to justify staying up this season, 1 away win is dire. Whilst Canning must take the majority of the stick for it, I think we can all reflect on all the utter guff performances and match changing errors our talented players have executed this season.
The rumblings I heard in the crowd is that Devlin is 'injured' for the rest of the season and is on his way out, along with Sarris. Also heard that Dougie may be moving into a higher coaching position as of next season. I did think that a combo of Donati/Dougie could be the future of our coaching setup.
Imagine if our board had actually allowed that planned takeover a couple of seasons ago, we could have had some much needed funding pumped into the club and be able to afford a couple of key players, who could have really changed this season round.

On to saturday, If ICT win i'll presume Canning will play a weakened side on saturday in prep for the play off legs, lets hope ICT don't fucking win tomorrow. Or we are truly fucked.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:18 am

The account you gave of tonight's game accurately reflects what was said on Radio Scotland all night.
And if Barry Wilson says Accies were very unlucky against his beloved County that just confirms it.
Takes a lot for that.
Agree also about the proposed takeover of Accies you mentioned.
While every Accies fan will always be grateful for Ronnie saving the Club,that is old hat now.
If he can't/wont take us to the next level then he should let someone in who will.
Ideally Mcgowan and co will jog on too and take his druggy charities away from our FOOTBALL stadium.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:16 am

If it didn't confirm our place in the bottom two and ended in defeat, I would've enjoyed that game. Plenty of chances and end-to-end stuff. Imagine we actually could defend set pieces this season though. Some absolutely horrendous goals to concede.
Going forward we gave our all, and for the first time in a while, I genuinely felt sorry for them. Tonight wasn't the problem though - it's the rest of the season (perhaps namely the three games that preceded this) that cost us.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Dundee are going to be chomping at the bit for a chance to relegate us on Saturday. Will not be shocked in the slightest if they lose 2-0 tomorrow then scud us by that on Saturday ffs.

At the moment, looks like you could well be right. :roll:
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 17, 2017 9:02 pm

I think the set piece stuff is harsh last night. Gardyne's goal was sublime, the fact it was from a short corner is not that relevant.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:I think the set piece stuff is harsh last night. Gardyne's goal was sublime, the fact it was from a short corner is not that relevant.

I was there, when the corner was taken 90% of the team weren't looking at the ball, including Remi. Ali was the only one switched on for the short corner. Remi wasn't on his toes, the team were too busy arguing who is going where and a short corner that should have been closed down instead leads to a curled goal.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies