Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Horrendous result in a game that always looked like 'first goal is the winner' and they got the luck after D'Acol missed a sitter.

I didn't think we played that badly but no one played well and no one could give the spark. In terms of decisions/selections well Gills at left back is an outrage and Remi is not the best keeper we have and again comes off his line at the wrong times and stays on his line at the wrong times. Templeton showed some decent touches when he came on. We just need to keep fighting away over the next 4 games. :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Play-offs it is. Simple. We aren't good enough; we have a manager that isn't good enough; we don't deserve to stay up. Folk may laugh at those going mental after the match towards the main stand outside but aho can blame them? We've been going all season to be subjected to utter pish.
Also, what fucking happened for their goal? Went in in slow motion, and Matthews was nowhere.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat May 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Very disappointing result. Feared the worst after D'Acol's miss, and to lose yet another goal from a set piece is galling. How can a team with a defender for a manager not defend? It's criminal.

We lack a cutting edge, that's clear, however a stroke of luck can make a huge difference, as shown today.

I've not given up yet - we need to beat County on Tuesday and hope Kilmarnock keep up their good form at Fir Park. A big ask but not impossible.

Six points is what we need to aim for, to get some confidence back if nothing else. Dundee United and Falkirk are not world beaters, and if we play United that will be their fifth and six game of the playoffs.

In saying that Canning needs to go at the end of the season. The players are not fighting for him and dropping down a division, if it comes to that, isn't going to change that.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 pm

That hurt today , we have a manager who played down the importance of this game and we got another lack luster performance , Tony Andreu to relegate us .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat May 13, 2017 7:03 pm

We now need a miracle to survive. I don't expect to get one
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat May 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Canning is a wast of a wage sack him now give some one a chance of glory to keep up/build for next year!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 pm

We played with a bit of fire but ultimately the EXACT same story of the previous 2 years under Cannings reign, lack of intelligence on the pitch and failing to defend in the air again. Matthews wasn't on his toes and watched the ball float in slow motion past him, Sarris also did not fight back hard enough vs Moult for the jump.
D'Acol certainly missed a clear cut chance, he just had to place it low.
D'acol really had fuck all apart from that, we really should have switched him for Bingham at half time and push the clumsy centre backs of Motherwell into some pace for pace battles, instead Canning waits for the last 15 where all the heads are down and Motherwell go into defensive mode.
Same old individual errors really cost us during attacks, whilst I've come to acknowledge we rarely set our strikers up with opportunities, the amount of times our midfielders had the chance to just have a crack and failed to do so was driving me insane.
Why did he wait so long to pll the trigger with bringing on Templeton? He looked like he would cause all sorts of havoc to them if given 20 more minutes.

PS
ICT are only 4 points behind us, we need to pray for miracles vs County and Dundee. I'll take a stab in the dark, we will persevere with the same shit formation and teams whipping crosses into our 18 yard box and getting results.
I don't think we would fair well vs Falkirk or Dundee UTD right now. Both are playing significantly better and with more team cohesion than we have amassed.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat May 13, 2017 9:00 pm

We have not been good enough for the Premier Division for virtually all of this season. We do not derserve to stay up. Team selections, substitution timings and tactics have all been poor. Nobody should kid themselves that we have a team capable of competing (and winning) in the top division. We have won SIX out of THIRTY SIX games played including two wins against Aberdeen as fluke results,which leaves FOUR wins home and away. Hardly Premier League quality.

If, by some miracle, we had another season in the top flight, it would be the same old stuff from MC, with probably many of the same players who underperformed this year. Of course, it is still arithmetically possible that we survive.....but for what??? Desperate games with little of no enjoyment for the paying customers??

Like most others, I can't see where goals (a problem all season) will come from in the next two/more likely four games, and our porous defence speaks for itself.

Let's face it, any realistic supporter will see that we can plan to visit some grounds we have not been to for a few years with Glebe Park even a possibility at this stage. :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 pm

porcupine wrote:We have not been good enough for the Premier Division for virtually all of this season...

Too annoyed/fed up to post everything I think, this gets it spot on for me. All we've had is blind hope for ages now, just wish this season would finish just now and put us out our misery. Folk still saying we just need two wins. Where are they coming from?! Absolute murder. Playoffs are great but this is killing me.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Bus cancelled for Tuesday.Fans absolutely scunnered at those losers on the pitch and imposters in dug out/board room.

Never seen our fans as despondent after a match in 40 years.Too many low blows from this gutless mob it looks like.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat May 13, 2017 9:21 pm

H9crx wrote:Canning is a wast of a wage sack him now give some one a chance of glory to keep up/build for next year!

Sack him tomorrow,New Manager has two games to suss a team out and win the play offs.....tis the Harry Redknapp effect.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat May 13, 2017 10:34 pm

porcupine wrote:We have not been good enough for the Premier Division for virtually all of this season. We do not derserve to stay up. Team selections, substitution timings and tactics have all been poor. Nobody should kid themselves that we have a team capable of competing (and winning) in the top division. We have won SIX out of THIRTY SIX games played including two wins against Aberdeen as fluke results,which leaves FOUR wins home and away. Hardly Premier League quality.

You'll have to clarify the rules for me because I don't understand them - why can't we count the 2 Aberdeen wins where we kept clean sheets against by far the 2nd best team in Scotland? If it's because we rode our luck at times does that mean we can no longer count our win at Celtic park 2 seasons ago?

The rest of it's defeatist nonsense. In all likelihood we will now play Falkirk or Dundee Utd in a play off (hard to see ICT winning twice and even more difficult to see us winning twice and even if we did unlikely to be enought) and if we do win over 2 legs we deserve to stay up in the same way that Killie and Motherwell deserved to stay up.

As for today it was a scrappy game with little chances between 2 teams with little form or confidence. The goal that won it befitted the game looping off Moult's shoulder I think and in to the Accies goal with everyone thinking it was going over - by Porcupine's rules it wouldn't of counted, I'm beginning to warm to them! So one fluke goal in a game where we were probably slightly the stronger team and the Motherwell fans get the bus home high on life and the Accies fans hurl abuse at the already deflated players and moan that it's the worst it's been for 40 years - such is football.

The biggest disappointment for me today wasn't the first hour where we showed some fight and played just about ok, it was the 25 minutes after the goal where we needed someone to stand up and be counted, show some belief, get the ball and drive - everyone hid. Particularly soul destroying was with 5 minutes left Gillespie and Imrie passing the ball 5 yards to each other several times desperate for the other one to take the responsibility and no-one did. Hard to argue that MacKinnon has been our best player this season but in a game where you thought he would revel he looked at times frankly disinterested, the way he waited for the whistle and ran off the pitch at the end was disappointing. I've picked 3 players there but frankly with the exception of Devlin and Templeton it could of been anyone.

Canning's got to take some of the blame for the lack of urgency and desire and his subs were so poor. In a game we couldn't afford to lose waiting until 6 minutes from time to bring Templeton on was madness, leaving a sub on the bench was worse especially when the game was screaming out for some pace and movement which Bingham could of brought - good enough to start for the last 5 games but not worth 15 minutes at the end of this game - unexplainable.

As mentioned pass marks to Devlin who won his physical battle with Moult, cleared his lines well all afternoon and was faultless at the goal. Being singled out for abuse on Twitter but that's always going to be the case as I believe one game he gave a loyal fan a slightly nasty look as he screamed blue murder at him - shameless! Templeton also very good for 6 minutes and showed not only what we were missing for 84 minutes but also 38 games, a player who can make half a yard of space and whip in a good ball - take note Dougie.

2 big games ahead if only for some confidence in the play offs against (whoever we play) an average team.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 pm

If/ when we do go down it's the ideal time for a big clear out. Start afresh with a new manager and coaching team and get rid of a lot of the playing staff.

Once your in the championship it's suck a hard league to get back out of
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun May 14, 2017 2:45 am

After a few hours kip i wake up and think did Motherwell really party at our ground AGAIN did we really concede from a cross ball AGAIN , it was the worst feeling in a long time leaving the ground today , we have a manager under no pressure to get results , does this seap through to the first team , it would just be great to have a manager organise our team and fight our corner , instal a bit of passion but NO we are left with the big damp squid Mr Annan .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby WAC » Sun May 14, 2017 3:40 am

I seen Ronnie McDonald and Colin McGowan laughing from the board room window after the game . Our club needs a massive clear out .lesley canning Crawford devlin all away to duck .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun May 14, 2017 4:32 am

YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun May 14, 2017 8:45 am

Anyone who thinks we will get anything in our last 4 games from that bunch of cowards is as delusional as the clown in the dugout. The team chucked it 3 games ago, the clueless twat in the dugout can not motivate his team, devlin is by far the worst captain in all the years I've supported accies and 2 games in a row now there has been incidents involving players and fans. WHEN we finally get relegated Canning must resign or be sacked. This rot has been setting in now since Neil left and is now finally beyond repair as it's been left too long.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun May 14, 2017 8:51 am

Probably didn't deserve to lose that but if we've got a keeper who 2 weeks on the bounce doesn't come for a floaty cross landing on the 6 yard then we're asking for trouble.

D'Acol HAS to score that chance. Another game and yet again everything he does is with his back to goal coming away from the goals.

31 goals in 36 games is nowhere near good enough and when you break that down it's even worse. On only 4 occasions we've scored 2 or more in a game so it's really 21 goals in 32 games. That's relegation form.

We'd be as well just going gung ho last 2 games and see what happens
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:05 am

We are still in it but it looks like we are perhaps coming up a bit short - and this happens in football. For me we might not be good enough - time will tell - but the need for many to then add in that this must be as a result of recklessness or a deliberate lack of care or some other nefarious purpose is pathetic.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 am

We need a new manager to give us a dead cat bounce!

Not brining in a striker, sacking Canning and being able to defend cross balls has killed us!
H9crx
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives