Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Wed May 10, 2017 5:04 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby WAC » Wed May 10, 2017 5:46 am

Nothing but a win . Canning has a week to assess all players he should know who's up for a fight and who's not if we turn up on Saturday and play like we did on Saturday he better have the balls to shout at players and sub them because if he doesn't he can piss off as well and take lesley with him .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 am

WAC wrote:Nothing but a win . Canning has a week to assess all players he should know who's up for a fight and who's not if we turn up on Saturday and play like we did on Saturday he better have the balls to shout at players and sub them because if he doesn't he can piss off as well and take lesley with him .

In a game like this it is all about 'turning up' and being up for each individual battle and doing your job.

Woods
Skondras Sarris Devlin McMann
Imrie Daz Greg Ali ???
D'Acol

Left wing remains an issue and I'm not sure who plays there - maybe Imrie and put Greg on the right ? I'm not as big a fan of Redmond as many and I think sub suits him better but could he play out there ? Or dare we mention Templeton ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 10, 2017 10:45 am

Redmond is no worse than some of them and has a great ability at corners. Set pieces could be crucial so for that alone I'd start him. He set up the recent winner against St Johnstone with a very calm and composed pass and sent over a stunning in-swinger at Dens that Devlin couldn't miss. Ali has to start but if he's not doing it in the first half, hook him at half time. We need the Aug-Oct Ali to show up, not the one that goes into hiding in the cold months.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed May 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Hard to go in to this game with too much optimism after the last 2 woeful performances so you feel that some freshening up is required.

Ali in for Bingham in the hope that he can recreate his performance (but not the score) from the first game at Fir Park this season where he give the best individual display of any Accies player this term despite claims I've seen on Twitter that he hasn't had a good game this season :lol: I understand why Canning tries to shoehorn the pace of Bingham in to the team but it just hasn't worked the last couple of games.

Gogic in for Donati. It's a pet hate of mine playing natural centre backs in midfield holding roles but on this occasion I'd make an exception to give us a solid base of McKinnon and Gogic holding and giving us the physicality that this game will almost certainly require. It will also give a bit more freedom for Docherty to support D'Acol and Ali to concentrate on creating chances. Donati's performance at Inverness was a shambles, at fault for both goals, poor passing, zero energy and constantly let his man run off him, in terms of value for money he's been a Shaka Roy level of signing.

There is a temptation to play Redmond rather than Imrie or perhaps replace Sarris (terrible on Saturday after a few decent games) with Gogic but I'd resist them.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 pm

That's a good call about Gogic playing the holding role in midfield.
I'd also consider Gillespie to play in front of McMann in the left midfield role, which would allow McMann to overlap while providing extra defensive cover on the flank. Gogic could drop back to make a back 3 when we're attacking.
Redmond deserves to start although you could argue a case for Ali. I wouldn't start with both as we'll need to match up physically certainly in the first half. We need to be solid and hard to beat and if so we'll win.
Woods
Skondras Sarris Devlin McMann
Redmond Docherty Gogic MacKinnnon Gillespie
D'Acol
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri May 12, 2017 1:29 am

Positive vibes coming from across The Clyde;let's hope the same is happening in our dressing room as the Aforementioned below:

https://youtu.be/8DwHcO-nuN4

https://youtu.be/s_RfT5WTZHo

For me,I would try to shoehorn Redmond and Gogic in the side.My worry is we don't look like coming back after going a goal down v anybody.

Well have 100 odd tickets left and are wanting The Gazebo,so it is important any Accies fans you can all coax to the game get there.The players would get a boost I am sure from a noisy home support......not just Section A.

We are perhaps due a win over them,but we will need to match their desire to do so.

Finally, our neighbours are saying this game is bigger than their Rangers play off game a couple of years ago.Hopefully,our "high heid yins" are installing the importance of this also.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby WAC » Fri May 12, 2017 6:10 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Positive vibes coming from across The Clyde;let's hope the same is happening in our dressing room as the Aforementioned below:

For me,I would try to shoehorn Redmond and Gogic in the side.My worry is we don't look like coming back after going a goal down v anybody.

Well have 100 odd tickets left and are wanting The Gazebo,so it is important any Accies fans you can all coax to the game get there.The players would get a boost I am sure from a noisy home support......not just Section A.

We are perhaps due a win over them,but we will need to match their desire to do so.

Finally, our neighbours are saying this game is bigger than their Rangers play off game a couple of years ago.Hopefully,our "high heid yins" are installing the importance of this also.

All we have is clownzo reading from les grays script saying we live within our means , doesn't matter what division we play in , usual regime crap .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Fri May 12, 2017 9:07 am

I fear we are hurtling towards the play-offs at the moment a bit like Hibs a few years back!! Onto the game I have no confidence we can win this although obviously I hope I am proved wrong and think Motherwell will win this at ease probably 3-0. My reasoning is that while they are crap like us they do score goals something which we have struggled to do all season. This coupled with our complete inability to defend means imo it can only go one way.

Also just for information I have been handed 4 free tickets this morning from a Motherwell fan for the Accies end on Saturday as his missus was down in Hamilton yesterday and they were giving these out free? anyone know if this is true?

Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow but I fear the worst. Prove me wrong canzo and players please.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 am

Jimmy Liddle wrote:I fear we are hurtling towards the play-offs at the moment a bit like Hibs a few years back!! Onto the game I have no confidence we can win this although obviously I hope I am proved wrong and think Motherwell will win this at ease probably 3-0. My reasoning is that while they are crap like us they do score goals something which we have struggled to do all season. This coupled with our complete inability to defend means imo it can only go one way.

Also just for information I have been handed 4 free tickets this morning from a Motherwell fan for the Accies end on Saturday as his missus was down in Hamilton yesterday and they were giving these out free? anyone know if this is true?

Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow but I fear the worst. Prove me wrong canzo and players please.

I think there is room for perhaps a wee bit more optimism - but I too can't shake off a wee feeling that Motherwell are better than their league position albeit their defence is worse than ours and at this stage the table shouldn't really lie. We have played some of our worst stuff against them as well but after 2 really poor games surely we must play better and get back to something approaching our Dens Park performance.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri May 12, 2017 12:03 pm

I thought we looked intimidated by the atmosphere in the first half at Fir Park. Although we had two or three good efforts on goal, Motherwell were by far the better side in that first period. The atmosphere generated by their support is likely to even top that night so I hope we don't freeze again and use it to our advantage instead. So many home games are played out in near silence, surely an atmosphere like this will inspire rather than intimidate. Time for Ali to step up to the plate. No idea how we're going to win this but win it we must!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri May 12, 2017 12:07 pm

A full squad to pick from. I would definitely play Gogic in midfield and maybe push Imrie on with D'Acol.

Not a game for Gillespie or Donati I don't think - we can't give away stray passes. Ali will hopefully have a point to prove.

On the Astro so that's good. 1-0 Accies
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri May 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Gogic looked a player in the Development 'play-off' game. Streets ahead of others, including some of our first team squad for effort and desire to win. Also someone whom Motherwell are unlikely to have seen, so that inclusion might throw their plans a bit, where we have been far too predictable for months.

BUT, will MC do (be allowed to make) changes??? Like most others, I can't get too positive about the end result.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri May 12, 2017 3:02 pm

We complain about MC and the directors talking the team down and instilling an inferiority complex about the Club punching above our weight.
Then as soon as we've got a massive game against our local rivals it's all; their support is bigger, they've got better players, we're bound to lose!! Motherwell are the big SPL team and we're just wee Accies.
With that attitude we will lose.

We're above them and at home. We're due a win and are capable of getting one.
They've got good strikers but if that's the case, the rest of the team must be really poor given their league position.
Our defence have conceded careless goals all season but in a few big games have been immense. Not something you'd say about Motherwell's defence. If we turn up and match their aggression I'm confident that we'll send them closer to the playoff.
Accies 2-1
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri May 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Euan wrote:We complain about MC and the directors talking the team down and instilling an inferiority complex about the Club punching above our weight.
Then as soon as we've got a massive game against our local rivals it's all; their support is bigger, they've got better players, we're bound to lose!! Motherwell are the big SPL team and we're just wee Accies.
With that attitude we will lose.

We're above them and at home. We're due a win and are capable of getting one.
They've got good strikers but if that's the case, the rest of the team must be really poor given their league position.
Our defence have conceded careless goals all season but in a few big games have been immense. Not something you'd say about Motherwell's defence. If we turn up and match their aggression I'm confident that we'll send them closer to the playoff.
Accies 2-1

Good post.

My son's first Motherwell derby: he's expecting a win, and Redmond to score. Come on, Accies - do it for my boy.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Our biggest problem, stemming from above is the lack of belief in the players,(we are just a wee diddy team punching above our weight.) If we go a goal down we will struggle and given their strikers are decent and they do score, coupled with our defence which has more holes than Rab C Nesbitts vest, I am fearing the worst.

Sorry guys 0-2, come on Clownzo prove me wrong
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Fri May 12, 2017 10:46 pm

WAC wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Positive vibes coming from across The Clyde;let's hope the same is happening in our dressing room as the Aforementioned below:

All we have is clownzo reading from les grays script saying we live within our means , doesn't matter what division we play in , usual regime crap .

Thats the attitude! What a clown!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Shared pessimism for both sets of fans with some that I know all thinking that defeat ifor their team is the end but that a win secures nothing.

Discipline will be key.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Well we had a good run in the SPFL, looks like an 11th place finish. Confidence will be at rock bottom now and it looks like we will finish 11th.

Dont fancy our chances against either Dundee Utd or Falkirk

Canning to walk away when we are relegated??
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives